Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England V Norway

3-1 England

Team Sheet:

Comments

• Awful team if u ask me...
  • edited May 2012
    Awful team if u ask me...
    Yes its one of the worst England teams ever I have to say. But I think Norway aren't much good either so we will win.

However I reckon we lose our other friendly V Belgium and not even get out the group stages in the euros.
  • I've got money on 1-0 to Norway and also 1-1.
    Probably the worst England team i've ever seen.
  • I reckon 3-0 to the rank outsiders! England that is...
  • I'm more interested in seeing if there are any Norwegian players who could be of interest to us.
  • I really hope this does not turn into another Liverpool scenario for Hodgeson. I really rate and respect Roy as a manager but he has been handed a poisoned chalice, I feel, like at Liverpool. Wrong time and no time to gather 'his' team.
    I have no faith in England generally but really want Roy to succeed.
  • Awful team if u ask me...
    We didn't
  • 1-0 Young , we're going to win the Euros!
  • Terrible team
  • edited May 2012
    Terrible team
    Agree, Norway do look poor
  • Sponsored links:

• Dont care if its an awful team, as long as they give 100% and are spilling their guts for the cause (unlike in previous years) I'll be happy.
  • Terrible team
    Then the final result is likely to be even more upsetting for you !
  • Those blue shirts are awful
  • Terrible team
    Then the final result is likely to be even more upsetting for you !
    Rest assured I shall top myself if we concede a goal here.
  • Turnt it over very very boring game yawn sign of things to come
  • Hopefully Hodsgon crashes and burns!
    Why?
  • Not hodgsons fault already is it poor bloke 45 mins and time for him to go must be a record

Don't think anyone but scp would interest me in England football team right now
  • Scrutiny of managers is getting ridiculous.

It's what it is, a friendly. With only half our starting team playing.

Young did superb for the goal.
    Why?
    Don't like Hodsgon and don't like national team

• Sponsored links:

• So the hyperbole over the England team has moved from world class to worst in Europe.

Individually I agree it isn't a fantastic set of players but maybe Roy has decided on a system he wants to use and has picked the best available to fit that system, lets be honest he has done well with what little resources he has had in the past. There are a few young players in this squad who do look like they will have a bright future and hopefully this tournament will help their development along.

We are not awful but equally we are nowhere near the best, we are a mediocre side just as we have always been, the problem is the English mentality of having some sort of divine right to being one of the best sides in the world.
    Why?

Glad that's clear then,cheers for the reasoned debate
    Why?

You asked why and I answered why
  • I find watching England so feckin boring and frustrating, I want to watch Greyhound derby final on sky sports 4 but Joe won't let me. Club over country every day of the week.
    Why?

You asked why and I answered why
    You don't like England but you take the effort to post in an England thread very strange
  • edited May 2012
    Well that was zzzzzzzzzzzzz. We did better than I expected and in the 1st half as we played well. 2nd half England were what I expected and were really dire.
  • how on earth does downing get a contract at any club let alone get in the england squad ?
  • Work in progress. Well done on the win. Some of you need to lighten up on the national front. It's quite depressing.
  • In a B&B at the moment, so just read the BBC commentary. Bloody hell, some right miserable types on there. We won away from home, but that's not good enough apparently. We were 'dire', but everything would be great if Carrick was in the team and Harry was manager. We will be crushed by all future opponents, they say. Then when we win our opening group game we'll be the best in the world, with one hand on the trophy. It's depressingly predictable/repetitive.