Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricardo Fuller linked (ed. signed)

edited August 2012 in Rumours
A good mate of mine, who works at the training ground reckons its a done deal he is coming to us. Mentioned in the below article too. Sorry if this is old news not had chance to read all the threads latley.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Stoke-City-Robert-Huth-make-Potters-Premier/story-16712104-detail/story.html

Comments

• Options
    Well he spends a lot of time in the treatment room so this one might have legs

:-)
  • Options
    Did we have him on loan once?
  • Options

Did we have him on loan once?

think he was on trial
  • Options
    I'd be happy with that if the wages are sensible. He's experienced and a real handful on his day and should score a decent number of goals in the Championship. Jason roberts had a great impact at reading last year and I'd say he and Fuller are similar players both in style and ability level.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I'd be happy with that if the wages are sensible. He's experienced and a real handful on his day and should score a decent number of goals in the Championship. Jason roberts had a great impact at reading last year and I'd say he and Fuller are similar players both in style and ability level.

I'd agree with that, as long as his fitness is OK.
  • Options
    Said on sky sports earlier that he thought he would have one last season at stoke , but hopes to have a new club by Friday
  • Options
    As already said, he'd be a great signing (more attitude than a grizzly bear) provided his body can still take the strain.
  • Options
    Would he play though? Can't see him agreeing to join us unless he's guaranteed regular starts, and I can't see us dropping BWP or Yann either. Don't get me wrong, I think he could probably do a job at this level, but there are sure to be other clubs in the Championship who can offer him more than we can.
  • Options
    If his fitness is good, then id be very happy with that signing.
  • Options
    No Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is a bell end. Plays with tape over his earing. Just take it out and play football.
  • Options

No Thanks.

Why on earth not? Care to expand?
  • Options

He is a bell end. Plays with tape over his earing. Just take it out and play football.

That is the worst argument for not signing someone I have ever heard.
  • Options
    18 apps and 1 goal for Stoke last season. His game is all about power and fitness and I think he's lost a lot of both.
    Reminds me of the Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink signing....but as always, CP knows what he's doing.
  • Options
    He was dominant the season Stoke went up. I would welcome him if he does sign but at the same time, I would understand if Powell says no thank you.

In CP we trust and all of that.
  • Options
    Would be a decent signing imo
  • Options

He was dominant the season Stoke went up. I would welcome him if he does sign but at the same time, I would understand if Powell says no thank you.

In CP we trust and all of that.

When we played them at the valley he tore us apart, one of the best individual performances I saw that season
  • Options
    A good signing if it happened.
  • Options
    If he's fit it'd be a good signing.
  • Options
    If (big if) his attitude was right and he actually wanted to help the team and all that, then he would be a good signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh god, HE could definitely fill the "Jason Euell" role - a no-impact sub.
  • Options
    Genuinely wouldn't know what to make of it if true.
  • Options
    Wages?
  • Options
    He's a bit of a nutter. No bad thing in my book.

Suspect fitness would be a big worry. Also doubt that he'd be cheap wages wise.

That article suggests Middlesborough are interested. If it comes down to wages then they will probably out do us.
  • Options
    big no no
  • Options
    Not sure on this one. Not so sure it would be a good signing.
  • Options
    Would be a fantastic signing for us, really hope this is a goer
  • Options
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    I really don't see him taking a big drop in wages
  • Options
    certainly got its pros and cons

just doesnt feel like a 'charlton like' player in my eyes though