Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Launch Of Eltham Addicks Group - 1st Nov Eltham Con Club (Guests Keith Peacock and Colin Powell)

I Have Been working to Launch a new Independent Supporters group for Addicks Living in the Eltham area.

I'm pleased to say our first meeting will be held at The Eltham Conservative Club - 254 Eltham High Steet London SE9 - 1AA on Thursday 1st November starting at 7.45 pm.

GuestS confirmed are Keith Peacock and Colin Powell.

You don't have to be a member to attend, its free, and we're hoping as many Addicks can make it along to get the group off to a good start.A Licensed bar will be available throughout the evening.

The feedback i've had from other groups is that the more people that get involved in helping to run these groups the better they work.

Anyone who would like to get involved and can offer time to help me out either on the night or with the general running of the group please pm me or post a response on the board.

I am looking for a chair person to host the meetings and a door person to help out as well,your time and help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks and hope to see you there.

Comments

• Options
    Fight!!!
    Love from all at Bromley Addicks.
  • Options
    Not far from Bromley, why don't you pop along and show your support,all welcome.
  • Options
    If you post a reminder the week before I'll try and pop along and show my support
  • Options
    Thanks for that, i will post a reminder to let everyone know.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yes, good luck Badger.....always good to see someone being pro active with this kind of venture.
  • Options
    Great news and best of luck.

Will be good to see an active branch in one of the core areas for our support.

Any help Bromley Addicks can give just ask.

The Conservative Club is the one at the end of the High St near Sainsbury's?
  • Options
    Is anyone thinking of a Shooters Hill Branch ? Elthams just too far.

Seriously though, I'm very pleased. I will be along. Well done Badger.
  • Options
    The club is situated at the top end of the High street just further along from Sainsburys and also has plenty of street parking. Plenty of buses stop outside, nearest train station is either New Eltham or Eltham depending on where you are coming from.
  • Options
    Thanks for that Henry, i will keep your offer of help in mind.
  • Options
    You're welcome.

And those of you in Eltham do lend a hand. Doesn't need to be a lot nor do you need special powers. Just a willingness to help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A door person? is it going to be that rough?
  • Options

A door person? is it going to be that rough?

Baldy....if youre not on the list you ain't coming in !

• Options
    I'll bluff it. See you there.
  • Options
    We have a falconwode branch dont we fc1 @falconwood_1
  • Options
    Yes, we meet every Friday night, 6pm, outside 'The Falcon'.

• Options
    Ha ha
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Tempting
  • Options
    Nathan, if you offer to be the door person, you won't have to sneek in :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Treasurer sorted then ;-)

Joking aside, let's hope it's a great success and I will try to be there on the 25th. Good luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not trying to be clever or splitting hairs but I think I should point out (as it may affect people’s decision to come) that the Conservative Club in Eltham, where I live, is no more. The new refurbished club is called the Woodcroft Club and they are quite actively advertising the fact that the new club has no political persuasion at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    RobbieT said:

I'm not trying to be clever or splitting hairs but I think I should point out (as it may affect people’s decision to come) that the Conservative Club in Eltham, where I live, is no more. The new refurbished club is called the Woodcroft Club and they are quite actively advertising the fact that the new club has no political persuasion at all.

The Conservatives have never persuaded me. Sorry wrong thread ;0)

• Options
    I have to say I've never had a problem with any Woodcrofters :-)
  • Options
    Nathan, let me know if you would like to get involved pm me, you may be tempted with the attractive bar prices.
    Thanks to Robbie T for pointing out the Renaming of the club, sure people will be able to find it.
    Will post a map nearer the time.
  • Options
    Many thanks for that Mog.
  • Options
    Bump.
    Anyone inteerested in Joining/helping out please pm me.
    Ta.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Hi Badger good luck with drumming up support for this one.. just stick with it.