Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket priority arrangements for Brighton away (2013)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:

don't think i've ever seen a fat Charlton fan.

Are you blind!!!!
  • Options
    The club have said categorically that there will be no more.

Make of that what you will!
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

The club have said categorically that there will be no more.

Make of that what you will!

Yea, must be more tickets on the way up the M23 as we speak then !
  • Options
    Any extra tickets will get as far as Charlton Lane but the Police will block them and send them up to the village.
  • Options
    Worried about doing a booking for advance train tickets if there are serious queues to get to the train stations
  • Options
    The reports say train queues up to an hour after the game. Park and ride buses back to car parks sites not much quicker. It might be nothing of the sort but have a look at this link. Trains section
    http://www.footballgroundguide.com/brighton_and_hove_albion/index.htm
  • Options
    Macronate said:

bc_addick said:

Just spoke to my BHA supporting mate and he said Palarse got 2600. So they obviously didn't have to worry about moving ST holders for that lot to accommodate the extra 600. Looks like CAFC may have declined the extra 600 as they would normally have to pay upfront whether we sold them or not. I am only guessing this is the case. Coach from West Sussex still has availability if anyone wants to get on board from Fareham Chichester Worthing Portslade (West of Brighton)

Paying up front is a Premier League thing. Never known it in the FL.

I am suspicious that the club didn't press the case for more tickets hard enough. Sometimes it's not enough to do it at ticket manager level and I doubt anyone with responsibility above the commercial centre either understands or cares, but having said that the demand was less than I anticipated so it's not a perfect science.
    I have a mate who wants to take his two sons and i am sure there are a number of others in a similar situation. game is during the Easter break for kids and still 14 days to go so even if they gave us another batch of say, 500 pretty sure they'd be renewed interest what with people desperate to see a win and it seems going away is the only way to do it. surely 500 more would sell.

christ, can't they give you your job back AB.
    To be fair the way to get these issues resolved is usually at chief exec level.
  • Options

Macronate said:

bc_addick said:

Just spoke to my BHA supporting mate and he said Palarse got 2600. So they obviously didn't have to worry about moving ST holders for that lot to accommodate the extra 600. Looks like CAFC may have declined the extra 600 as they would normally have to pay upfront whether we sold them or not. I am only guessing this is the case. Coach from West Sussex still has availability if anyone wants to get on board from Fareham Chichester Worthing Portslade (West of Brighton)

Paying up front is a Premier League thing. Never known it in the FL.

I am suspicious that the club didn't press the case for more tickets hard enough. Sometimes it's not enough to do it at ticket manager level and I doubt anyone with responsibility above the commercial centre either understands or cares, but having said that the demand was less than I anticipated so it's not a perfect science.
    I have a mate who wants to take his two sons and i am sure there are a number of others in a similar situation. game is during the Easter break for kids and still 14 days to go so even if they gave us another batch of say, 500 pretty sure they'd be renewed interest what with people desperate to see a win and it seems going away is the only way to do it. surely 500 more would sell.

christ, can't they give you your job back AB.
    To be fair the way to get these issues resolved is usually at chief exec level.
    So no chance there then!
  • Options

bc_addick said:

Just spoke to my BHA supporting mate and he said Palarse got 2600. So they obviously didn't have to worry about moving ST holders for that lot to accommodate the extra 600. Looks like CAFC may have declined the extra 600 as they would normally have to pay upfront whether we sold them or not.

Surely in view of the fact we sold 2k in about a week and that Brighton now have tickets on general sale (which you would assume are for the area next to us), then an agreement could've been reached for us to take some more?
    I have one so don't really care, but it still seems bizarre that in 2013, simple things can't be worked out.
    Cant believe this pay up front stuff,cardiff allocationis 2,000 midweek dont think charlton could afford the shortfall on that. would like to know the real reason why we only got 2,000 brighton. if palace got more as has been said then the excuse that they would have to move season ticket holders dosent ring true.if on the other hand this is down to charlton only declining any more then calls from the club for fan to get behind the team are a bit hollow.but why is all this stuff so unorganised,people have lives away from football and have to make arrangments round things never quite knowing the situation with these tickets.its just fans being treated badly,and weve had a lot of that recently.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In the PL the rule was 3,000 tickets minimum, half of which had to be allocated regardless and half of which the home club could ask to be paid for - or similar based on 10 per cent for any grounds under 30,000 capacity.

In the FL the required allocation is 2,000 or 10 per cent if lower, I think. So I suppose it is up to Brighton what conditions they attach to an allocation above that. However, I'm a bit surprised given that we allocate them 3,400 - notwithstanding the layout of The Valley and demand for those seats - that they would take such a line, unless they are desperate for those seats themselves, in which case why give them to Palace?

The other issue is that if you lock Charlton fans out while you haven't sold out home areas you create segregation issues as our fans will buy in home areas.

As I said above, in this situation I'd have asked PV or SK to speak to their opposite numbers at an early stage and work out a solution.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did Brighton tickets go on sale before the Peterborough game?

Maybe the club saw that we didn't even take 1k there on a tuesday night and just thought 2k tickets for another tuesday night game would be enough?

This obviously doesn't excuse the fact we haven't asked for more, but i can see why they thought 2k was enough.
  • Options

In the PL the rule was 3,000 tickets minimum, half of which had to be allocated regardless and half of which the home club could ask to be paid for - or similar based on 10 per cent for any grounds under 30,000 capacity.

In the FL the required allocation is 2,000 or 10 per cent if lower, I think. So I suppose it is up to Brighton what conditions they attach to an allocation above that. However, I'm a bit surprised given that we allocate them 3,400 - notwithstanding the layout of The Valley and demand for those seats - that they would take such a line, unless they are desperate for those seats themselves, in which case why give them to Palace?

The other issue is that if you lock Charlton fans out while you haven't sold out home areas you create segregation issues as our fans will buy in home areas.

As I said above, in this situation I'd have asked PV or SK to speak to their opposite numbers at an early stage and work out a solution.

Think segregation could start to be a problem,hope not as we have all been moaning about away fans in home areas,but i wouldnt be surprised.
  • Options
    At pres

Did Brighton tickets go on sale before the Peterborough game?

Maybe the club saw that we didn't even take 1k there on a tuesday night and just thought 2k tickets for another tuesday night game would be enough?

This obviously doesn't excuse the fact we haven't asked for more, but i can see why they thought 2k was enough.

We took more than 1K to P'boro.
    Also, they should factor into their decision that A; the Amex is a new ground which will entice fans and B; BHAFC is much easier to access from London than Peterborough is.
  • Options
    Well i don't know the actual figure (step forward OohAah) but Peterborough's website said we had just under 900 there. I was there and although we were noisy, it certainly didn't look like we had many there.
  • Options
    Either way, whether we had just under 1k or just over it doesn't really matter and could possibly make the club think that 2k tickets for another midweek away game would be enough.
  • Options

Either way, whether we had just under 1k or just over it doesn't really matter and could possibly make the club think that 2k tickets for another midweek away game would be enough.

Yep I see what you mean.
    I cannot understand why we sold out the 2000 weeks in advance and it's probable that BHAFC won't sell out the home ends, so maybe common sence could intervene (on the part of CAFC) to get hold of a few more tickets.
  • Options
    I've never understood our fascination with Brighton, or why it's seen as one of 'the' away trips to do. Especially on a Tuesday night. But it's been this way for years, so it shouldn't really come as a surprise anymore...

Regarding segregation, I am almost tempted to say that this is possibly the one fixture at which I don't think away fans in the home areas would pose a massive problem (either at the Valley or the Amex). Or am I being hopelessly naive?
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

I've never understood our fascination with Brighton, or why it's seen as one of 'the' away trips to do. Especially on a Tuesday night. But it's been this way for years, so it shouldn't really come as a surprise anymore...

Regarding segregation, I am almost tempted to say that this is possibly the one fixture at which I don't think away fans in the home areas would pose a massive problem (either at the Valley or the Amex). Or am I being hopelessly naive?

If there was any decent size amount of cafc in the home area it could only cause problems.
  • Options

Jodaius said:

If there was any decent size amount of cafc in the home area it could only cause problems.

Can't we all just hold hands and sing about how much we all hate Palace?
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

Brighton was a fantastic football away day for us oldies. Have some of my best Danny Dyer wannabe memories on those trips with great CAFC turnouts by the seaside, then I grew up of course!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jodaius said:

I think the 'fascination' comes through their 'dislike' of the SE25 mob
  • Options
    Its the "new ground syndrome"
  • Options
    889 Charlton at the Posh (not a new ground)
  • Options
    It's the pissup by the sea factor.

Same with Southend and Bournemouth...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In the end I made do with the queue to Brighton at Falmer and I got to the back of the queue as the 9:57 was pulling away. Then the next trin at 10:07 passed then I got on the 10:16. Only for the 10:33 train to London Bridge to be cancelled. But I didn't have to wait too long at Falmer.
  • Options
    Any chance this goes to general sale? Student down here so I've not been to any games/have a season ticket but obviously want to go to this one.
  • Options

Any chance this goes to general sale? Student down here so I've not been to any games/have a season ticket but obviously want to go to this one.

A Saturday fixture in mid-April on the sunny south coast. With the likely prospect of the threat of relegation still hanging over us makes my guess a sell-out before it goes on general sale.
  • Options
    Have Brighton tickets gone on sale yet? Can't see anything on the OS yet?
  • Options
    Bit confusing, can we start a new.one for this year please, ta
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!