Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

wilson " we're all hurting "

yeah like f@ck you are, that's presumably why you all came in for extra training on the sunday ( sic )

i think it's an insult that you and the rest of your " hurting team mates " expect us to swallow that b@llox. it gets reeled out year in year out for this bl@@dy fixture and any other game that you and your mates play like a bunch of w@nkers. i don't think it should only be the referee whose a " c@nt " do you?

Comments

• We’re hurting, we’re sorry, we’ll come back stronger.
    That was the message from Lawrie Wilson on behalf of he and his fellow players following the defeat to Millwall on Saturday.
    The Addicks lost 1-0 to their South London neighbours at The Valley thanks to a deflected goal from Scott McDonald in the first half.
    Chris Powell’s men came close to equalising in the second half when Simon Church saw his shot saved by David Forde, and Charlton fans once again had the misfortune of surrendering local bragging rights to their Lions counterparts.
    Wilson, who played the full 90 minutes, says the players understood the crowd’s frustrations at the end of the match and will work hard to put things right before the trip to Burnley on Saturday (3pm).
    “Definitely,” he said, when asked if the squad were hurting as much as the fans. “We'd like to apologise for the loss.
    “We'll pick the points out that we feel like we've done badly and pick the good points out and we have to move on from it.
    “It's a hard result because it's against Millwall. But we're a strong team and we've got a lot of good players in our team that we can bounce back from.”
    Wilson added: “Fans were entitled to have their views on the game. It's obviously a lot different playing the game, but fans want to see games won by us and if we're not winning, we're not happy and the fans are not happy.
    “They're entitled to boo but the boys will get back and hopefully get a win out of next week.
    “The boys are big enough to get past it and the gaffer will constantly tell us what we're about, the way we're playing and things like that. As long as we take that into games, the outlook will change.”

Wilson was at a loss as to why the Addicks failed to fire against Millwall, having impressed at Watford a week earlier and deserved more at Huddersfield Town on Tuesday evening.
    With games coming thick and fast in the Championship, and the upcoming trip to Turf Moor quickly followed by a home game against Nottingham Forest, the former Addicks academy man wants to put a focus on defensive steel against two of the Championship’s high-flying sides.
    “It's hard to pinpoint, but there are a lot of things that went wrong in our game,” said Wilson.
    “We weren't passing well enough, we were losing the ball in areas that you can't give the ball away cheaply. And at the minute the luck isn't with us. Things like the deflection happen in games, and it just feels like the luck is not on our side at the moment.
    “If we keep doing the right things in training, eventually things will start falling for us.
    “It doesn't really matter about form or things like that when you go into a derby game. You take away all of that and it's about who gives more and it ends up being a battle. But we tried to play the way that we've been playing and it didn't fall for us.
    “At times when you have a derby game you do get sucked into playing certain ways and it takes a strong team to get the ball down and play the way you want to play.
    “But you do get sucked into the occasion sometimes and you do tend to do things that you maybe wouldn't do against any other team.
    “We'll have to recover to start with and get that right so we're fully fit. We have injuries hopefully coming back at the end of the week and we haven't had a clean sheet yet.
    “I think that's got to be where we go from here. Keeping a clean sheet and moving on from there because that's where it starts.”

• yeah like f@ck you are, that's presumably why you all came in for extra training on the sunday ( sic )

i think it's an insult that you and the rest of your " hurting team mates " expect us to swallow that b@llox. it gets reeled out year in year out for this bl@@dy fixture and any other game that you and your mates play like a bunch of w@nkers. i don't think it should only be the referee whose a " c@nt " do you?

He's a liar then? I take it you must know the guy personally to make such judgement?
  • Overreacting much Martin?
  • We need to move on. This isn't healthy.
  • They're being criticised for not saying sorry, and now they're being criticised for saying sorry. Ridiculous.
  • They're being criticised for not saying sorry, and now they're being criticised for saying sorry. Ridiculous.

what and you think saying sorry makes everything hunky dory?

I hear this stuff being reeled out by players time and time again and will it make a difference next time round, do you really think so?
  • In terms of not training on Sunday as well, Clive Woodwood, who has some decent experience and authority on the matter, says that after a bad defeat it's better to let people have the day off and come back after rather than dwell on it.

Don't know the science behind it.
  • At what point did Lawrie Wilson say that it was hunky dory?

We got beat, yes it's annoying, but we can't go back and change the result!
  • cafctom said:

At what point did Lawrie Wilson say that it was hunky dory?
    We got beat, yes it's annoying, but we can't go back and change the result!

yeah exactly, so i personally don't think anything wrong with letting off steam. in my experience it helps to vent some anger.

maybe you're happy that the players throw these cliche's in everytime but i'm not it's cheap and it's insulting, particularly when one's pocket is considerably lighter after the game.

i seem to remember powel saying when we went to stonewall last season " we'll be ready " but obviously we weren't, as we lost as per usual.
  • yeah like f@ck you are, that's presumably why you all came in for extra training on the sunday ( sic )

Do one will you. Bloody mental.

Can't win can he, Wilson? Respect to him for coming out with this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Its all bollocks. The whole team were shockingly bollocks. The coaching staff, bollocks. The fans that went, bollocks. The ones that swerved it, bollocks. The Spanners, bollocks. Their retarded fans, bollocks. Sky feckin TV, bollocks. The whole weekend was bollocks. This board ever since, bollocks. The fact that every gobshite Spanner I encounter will rip the shit out of us, bollocks. Waiting till the next time knowing nothing is likely to change, bollocks...

Bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks

The fact I typed this on an iPhone, BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!!!
  • I think Sillav is bang on I don't want to here this drivel from them,

if you didn't take what he said ( Sillav not Wilson ) in such a literal sense you would read it as

Stop being sorry and do something about it, starting with a win Sat and then kicking their arse at the shitbox

but instead you read it as the other way just to argue

• Not at all actually. I think Sillav is bang out of order.
  • he can't win .. what if he'd texted: 'we don't care, we don't give a fuck .. you can all go take a f***ing hike' .. would that have made us feel better ? .. (the real truth is probably somewhere in the middle ... 'IF you can treat those two imposters just the same' .. as ol' Rudyard wrote .. professionals are used to winning & losing, the knack is not to get too ecstatic about the wins nor too suicidal about the losses)
  • The best response the players can give will be 3 points on Saturday.
  • Its all bollocks. The whole team were shockingly bollocks. The coaching staff, bollocks. The fans that went, bollocks. The ones that swerved it, bollocks. The Spanners, bollocks. Their retarded fans, bollocks. Sky feckin TV, bollocks. The whole weekend was bollocks. This board ever since, bollocks. The fact that every gobshite Spanner I encounter will rip the shit out of us, bollocks. Waiting till the next time knowing nothing is likely to change, bollocks...

The fact I typed this on an iPhone, BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!!!

Posting standards sweary_jones?!? ;o)
  • Words are cheap, actions talk. That said, coming out saying sorry is hardly a bad thing is it.

They aren't fans and CAFC v Millwall is hardly the Mersey derby so not surprising they will not 'care' as much as us but they will have professional pride and I do think that, whatever their weaknesses, 90% of them can hardly be accused of lack of effort, lack of quality maybe, but effort, no.

Best evidence is Pritch who was at fault for the goal, you can hardly say he does not give 100% in every game.

Same with Wilson, Morro, Wood, Jacko, Church, Piggot, Wiggins, Dervite who all played, they all give 100% every game I see them, just not all world beaters.
  • This was an interview right?

So he was asked the question 'are the players hurting as much as the fans?'....what the hell do people want him to say. Would you be happier with "no"..."no comment"...???

• This was an interview right?

So he was asked the question 'are the players hurting as much as the fans?'....what the hell do people want him to say. Would you be happier with "no"..."no comment"...???

I want them to cut themselves.
  • Talk is cheap
  • Sponsored links:

B@LL@X is wot I think and that's my entitlement as it is yours

their professional footballers, even at our level their payed very well. their also meant to have some skill but how often do they show it?

it's not the manchester or mersey side derby but its my derby and it matters to me that we get turned over time and time again by stonewall who are very average and it pisses me off ok? that's how I feel, I just wish you other go lightly's wouldn't just be happy to let it go by, where's your passion, is it only in arguing?
  • shirty5 said:

Talk is cheap

Maybe so, but what do you want him to do? He can't replay the game and try harder. I think he tried pretty hard tbh. We really need to move on from this.
  • what about that 0-0 draw with Oxford at Selhurst in the 80s?

what's Lawrie got to say about that?

well?
  • edited September 2013

yeah like f@ck you are, that's presumably why you all came in for extra training on the sunday ( sic )

B@LL@X is wot I think and that's my entitlement as it is yours

their professional footballers, even at our level their payed very well. their also meant to have some skill but how often do they show it?

it's not the manchester or mersey side derby but its my derby and it matters to me that we get turned over time and time again by stonewall who are very average and it pisses me off ok? that's how I feel, I just wish you other go lightly's wouldn't just be happy to let it go by, where's your passion, is it only in arguing?
    Do you think anyone came away from the valley on Saturday thinking tht was acceptable?

Obviously not I hope would be the answer. It will get talked about, until the next game but what's done is done.

We've seen this group of players bounce back before, so it wouldn't suprise me to see them go to Burnley and get points.
  • of course they can win sat, its not millwall the pressure is off
  • Dazzler21 said:

Overreacting much
    Martin?

no, dazzler 21. but don't blow my cover, I'm working underground.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Overreacting much
    Martin?

no, dazzler 21. but don't blow my cover, I'm working underground.
    Looks like a backwards step to me.
  • They probably will win at Burnley now. However, after the apparent verbal diarrheah from the players before the 'big game', it does rankle a bit reading that. Would personally rather hear nothing to be honest.
  • as said they cant win if they say something or not.
    id rather they were all in pain after smashing the pony lovers guild of bermondsey but that wont happen and all we are left with is twaddle about players feeling the hurt / pain-----------utter shit of course.
  • I don't find Wilson's words at all grating; I take them at face value: a bland apology. I don't think the players lacked commitment on Saturday - what they lacked were the basic requirements of technical ability, physical strength, and mental sharpness. For us to be able to compete in this division, something has got to change with the training regime at Sparrows Lane.