Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby Sack Nigel Clough

Just been announced.

Comments

• Cue "he'd do a better job for us than Powell"
  • ridiculous decision, but I tell you what powelly could do a great job there
  • Didnt see that coming
  • Powell is ex-Derby
  • ridiculous decision, but I tell you what powelly could do a great job there

Didn't even think about that
  • Derby is one of Chris Powell's old clubs and they appreciate him there.

Why not?

• Oh great. Welcome Dennis Wise.
  • I see derby at millwall a few weeks ago and as poor as millwall were, derby were awesome going forward, very shocked about that
  • Makes powell the second longest serving manager in the champ!
  • Sponsored links:

• 11 points from 9 games and sacked. Shocking decision, and the first of many over the next 3 weeks.
  • not for long I hope he goes there tbh deserves better than our club can offer
  • I don't think CP will walk and I doubt the board have the money to replace him. We're down but not out. We need to come back fighting and I think we will.
  • colin1961 said:

Makes you wonder how the hell Powell keeps his job ....after what we are witnessing

Change the record

• Are people being serious in thinking Derby would even give Chris a second thought when looking at their next manager/ come on now
  • A very good manager in my book. Hope this rebounds on Derby and they get relegated.
  • Sometimes I hate the game I love.
    Stupid decision.
    Good luck Nigel.
  • I think your wrong mate tbh , he is a young mgr with a half decent credible track record , if he stays here now then he jepordises that , he can walk away easy and I think the time is upon us that this will happen ,

he has tried and gave his all he has a long managerial career ahead of him get sacked by these pricks and that's shortened
  • I think your wrong mate tbh , he is a young mgr with a half decent credible track record , if he stays here now then he jepordises that , he can walk away easy and I think the time is upon us that this will happen ,

he has tried and gave his all he has a long managerial career ahead of him get sacked by these pricks and that's shortened

I see what you're saying nla and I hope that in this instance you are wrong.

• Not a chance of Powell being sacked.
  • Sponsored links:

• and some think we are being stupid if we question Powell's tenure !!!

I think the would be quite a few chairmen who would be having that meeting with Powell as I type - its probably only because TJ and Slater don't go anymore that they dont know how poor we are.
  • Not in the top 20 on the bookies list, so far....
  • Watched Forest v Derby on Sky today. Derby weren't bad enough to warrant the manager being sacked on today's performance. There's probably a bit more too it than their league position or current form.
    Tony Pulis was in the directors box, perhaps they fancy a change.
  • the man also is out of contract in 7mths
  • edited September 2013
    just read that they have lost 4 games this season - inc Leicecter, Reading & Forest.

we lose 3 on the trot, also losing to our rivals (but at home, not away) playing very poorly into the bargain , and some people think its ok.
  • What a strange league, this time two weeks ago Derby just smashed millwall and everyone thought Lomas would be sacked. Fast forward two weeks and Millwall win 3 on the bounce and Derby are the first team to sack their manager
  • ember
    7:57PM
    What a strange league, this time two weeks ago Derby just smashed millwall and everyone thought Lomas would be sacked. Fast forward two weeks and Millwall win 3 on the bounce and Derby are the first team to sack their manager

It's a funny old game.....................................
  • Maybe time to get behind our own...
  • thats crazy. he was one of the longest serving managers in the football league, if not the top