Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cameron Stewart to Leeds (to Ipswich)

Comments

• Heard we are looking at Alex Kacaniklic who is also a winger. Although I personally think there is room for him and Stewart. We need more options out wide to create more chances for the strikers.
  • ^^^ we cant afford the letters for the back of his shirt
  • edited December 2013

^^^ we cant afford the letters for the back of his shirt

What Alex? times are really, really bad then! :-(
  • Wtf has age got to do with it , it's about the here and now and we must stay up and Stewart is a better player currently than Harriott and so I'd much prefer him in the team

Well its important to help build a squad to make sure we arnt in consecutive relegation battles and it is a factor because they are both good layers, Stewart is definitely a bit better but harriott could grow to become even better than Stewart or what we expect.
  • DMCDMC
    edited December 2013

Heard we are looking at Alex Kacaniklic who is also a winger. Although I personally think there is room for him and Stewart. We need more options out wide to create more chances for the strikers.

Not so sure that if he is getting played that we would be able to get him even on loan
  • ah kacaniklic the guy who gets into Fulham's first team. good one
  • Just to confirm harriot wrote on twitter (21-12-13) saying he had a thigh injury
  • Lets hope he does go to Leeds

Who would you play instead?

• ah kacaniklic the guy who gets into Fulham's first team. good one

He had made double the amount of first team appearances for Fulham in the first half of last season than he has this year and they still let him go on loan to Burnley in the 2nd half of last season. There is definitely interest from Charlton.

• Get rid.He plays in slow motion.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he has potential - it may be how we play - but I don't think it would be a major blow for us if he went.
  • I think people are harsh on this fella..... hes played well for most of his loan period in a strugglig side... considering were short of game changers, he has showed he can let rip and i for one would like to see him stay the season!
  • edited December 2013
    He can score a great goal, that cannot be argued and it has value in a team that struggles to score. For me - I would want a player who can put defenders on the back foot playing in his position - particularly at home. I haven't seen any evidence that he is the payer to do this. His touch is generally quite good - except for times when a good first touch would create something, then it is bad! There has been clear evidence of this in our last 2 games! He is right footed but plays on the left, which means he never roasts a defender and if he isn't tackled (which is the most likely outcome) he generally plays a square ball. He lacks strength, but can be effective when the game opens up - although he isn't the one to initially open it up.

That is my honest assessment.
  • Redhenry said:

Lets hope he does go to Leeds

Who would you play instead?

Anyone not called Cameron Stewart,
    He is scared to challenge and backs away all the time
    His crossing is poor
    its not just me either people who sit around me in the upper north say the exact same about him
    would not be much of a loss IMO
  • Just to confirm harriot wrote on twitter (21-12-13) saying he had a thigh injury

Ah ok thanks for telling me, I just sore a few odd tweets and since the website said nothing I just assumed it was attitude problems.
  • edited January 2014
    Is Cameron Stewart still a CAFC player, or did his loan end today ?
    If he stays for another month or so, can he play in the FA Cup ?
    Is Cook a better option in front of him for the Oxford match ?
  • last game today. powelly said post match he would to sign him as his contract is up he hopes if the takeover goes through stewart will be an addick as he likes it here up to the powers that be, but deffo his last game unless we can afford to sign him.
  • I thought he's looked a bit lightweight the last couple of games. Never seems to get clear of defenders. Having said that he has been hobbling around a lot after some crunching tackles.
  • I like him as a player. Like most wingers, he's hit and miss but he's unpredictable and a definite goal threat.
  • Name a winger that we've had in recent years that is better ?
  • Sponsored links:

• He is always doubled marked when he picks up the ball, haven't had a better winger for a long time. I rate him as a player though he can be a little "lightweight" at times in the tackle..
  • He is always doubled marked when he picks up the ball, haven't had a better winger for a long time. I rate him as a player though he can be a little "lightweight" at times in the tackle..

Most wingers are.

• Harriot last season
  • would like to see him back but cant see it.
  • To get a clearly and demonstrably better winger than Stewart will cost a fair amount of money to say the least, Harriot has appeared rarely this season but his few appearances have showed why - he has receded rather dramatically and disappointingly to my eyes, though I have hope and faith CP and team will get him firing again.
  • thenewbie said:

To get a clearly and demonstrably better winger than Stewart will cost a fair amount of money to say the least, Harriot has appeared rarely this season but his few appearances have showed why - he has receded rather dramatically and disappointingly to my eyes, though I have hope and faith CP and team will get him firing again.

Very true - his rawness was one of his qualities last season. There is enough talent there to get him back contributing and I wouldn't swap him for Stewart. Having said that, he is rightly out of the team at the moment. I'd play Solly/Wilson and Wiggins/Evina as a combo if he doesn't re-sign or we don't get another replacement. I think it gives us a good balance - especially with a blooming partnership of Stephens and Cousins in the middle.
  • thenewbie said:

To get a clearly and demonstrably better winger than Stewart will cost a fair amount of money to say the least, Harriot has appeared rarely this season but his few appearances have showed why - he has receded rather dramatically and disappointingly to my eyes, though I have hope and faith CP and team will get him firing again.

Very true - his rawness was one of his qualities last season. There is enough talent there to get him back contributing and I wouldn't swap him for Stewart. Having said that, he is rightly out of the team at the moment. I'd play Solly/Wilson and Wiggins/Evina as a combo if he doesn't re-sign or we don't get another replacement. I think it gives us a good balance - especially with a blooming partnership of Stephens and Cousins in the middle.
    Agree with this but we still need cover, at least, in as we cannot rely on going the rest of the season injury free.
  • DMCDMC
    edited January 2014

Name a winger that we've had in recent years that is better ?

I'm sorry but I cant resist saying Scotty Waggstaff. Wish we still had him. Aside from that, sighing Stewart would be great but I really want Harriot back in the team ASAP is it still his groin injury?
  • Jesus Mary and Joseph!

Evina is not a winger!
  • DMCDMC
    edited January 2014
    mrbligh said:

Jesus Mary and Joseph!

Evina is not a winger!

No stupid comments please "Jesus Mary and Joseph!"

Of the very, very little Ive seen of evina I think he is actually a better midfielder! Although Ive only seen him twice so if anyone who has seen him more please tell me your view. Unfortunatly I dont think he could replace stewart though - although he has never had a run of games.