Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cameron Stewart to Leeds (to Ipswich)

Comments

• edited January 2014

Don't see the point in playing him out of position on the left as CP does. That's not Stewart's fault. He bottles too many tackles. That is his fault. Pre-takeover I'd have said keep him. Now I think we can do better if we have any buying power. presumably this Astrid bloke is a candidate for the left mid position unless he's some sort of Duchatelet stunt as per the Belgian posters' views on the other thread.

Left mid is his preferred position from what I can gather.
  • I think Stewart came out and said he prefers playing on the left!
  • as it seems that Ajdarevic is a left footed midfielder do we still want/need/afford Stewart?

Although Stewart is right footed - but is played on the left for his ability to cut inside and shoot with his favoured foot.
  • Looks like Leeds are close to signing Stewart.
  • I've seen him a few times, all away games, and he's been more than OK .. Harriot is closest to him in style otherwise there is not another player on the books who is anything like Stewart .. when he goes, he will be missed .. at Barnsley Powell brought on Harriot to join Stewart .. together they looked very dangerous and nearly won the game for us
  • Oggy Red said:

as it seems that Ajdarevic is a left footed midfielder do we still want/need/afford Stewart?

Although Stewart is right footed - but is played on the left for his ability to cut inside and shoot with his favoured foot.
    It seems quite popular to play that way now. Thinking back, Jerome Thomas played in a similar way, a right footer cutting in from the left
  • Cameron Stewart was due to play but Leeds, ahem, asked for him not to be cup-tied. Steve Bruce believes the deal is very close now.
  • Does the ahem mean he is valley bound?
  • mrbligh said:

Does the ahem mean he is valley bound?

Don't know. I lifted this from RC's twitter page. I took it that Leeds (ahem) are no longer going to be participating in the cup!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ahh makes sense
  • edited January 2014
    mrbligh said:

Does the ahem mean he is valley bound?

Unlike many other Lifers, I don't think he's too bad. He did actually beat the defender on the wing and get in to the box a couple of times against Brighton, which is more than (ahem) Danny Green could do. Or (ahem) Callum Harriott.

• I quite like him too. Best wide player we've had this season without a doubt
  • mrbligh said:

I quite like him too. Best wide player we've had this season without a doubt

... which ain't saying a lot, but very glad you agree, Mr Bligh.

• sounds like he is staying to me. If we offer a contract i would expect him to stay
  • sounds like he is staying to me. If we offer a contract i would expect him to stay

So long as the price is right. He is a Hull player remember.
  • Davo55 said:

By Richard Cawley

CHARLTON boss Chris Powell says that they are still in the hunt for Hull winger Cameron Stewart.

Leeds have been heavily linked with the wideman, who recently ended a successful spell on loan with the Addicks.

But Powell's hopes of landing Stewart on a permanent deal have been boosted by Roland Duchatelet's takeover of the club, which was completed on Friday.

Powell said: "I've had positive talks with his [Stewart's] agent and we're really in the mix for him.

"There are other clubs that want to buy him, they have seen him play for us, but I've spoken to his advisor and we've got a bit of a chance.

"Ultimately we've got to make him a good offer and do our best to be in the mix to bring him to us permanently."

Isn't it just great to be at least in with a shout of signing players now? There only needed to be any kind of a price tag before to make us run for the hills, or we would scrape up one of the leftover out of contract players at 5 to midnight on deadline day.
    Yeah, but will you be saying that when we loan him straight out to Standard Liege?

• well he has gone back to Hull now. Aside from the negativity hopefully that gives harriott a chance
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a feeling that we might get Stewart, knowing RD is a businessman the first rule when you are taking over is to show your strength to the management, players, fans etc so can see this as a statement to the Championship, especially as Leeds are a bigger fish
  • barstool said:

I have a feeling that we might get Stewart, knowing RD is a businessman the first rule when you are taking over is to show your strength to the management, players, fans etc so can see this as a statement to the Championship, especially as Leeds are a bigger fish

Possibly, but it also depends on what other targets CP and RD may have identified. If, for example, we can make a major striker signing that achieves the same effect, that could take priority.
  • Davo55 said:

barstool said:

I have a feeling that we might get Stewart, knowing RD is a businessman the first rule when you are taking over is to show your strength to the management, players, fans etc so can see this as a statement to the Championship, especially as Leeds are a bigger fish

Possibly, but it also depends on what other targets CP and RD may have identified. If, for example, we can make a major striker signing that achieves the same effect, that could take priority.
    Which reminds me.. Any further news on the Iranian we are supposed to be signing on loan?
  • We would be impressed none the less if he stays and further impressed if he signs on a perm?
  • barstool said:

We would be impressed none the less if he stays and further impressed if he signs on a perm?

Is that a question or a statement?
  • barstool said:

We would be impressed none the less if he stays and further impressed if he signs on a perm?

well with a question mark at the end, it needs an answer.
  • barstool said:

barstool said:

In that case I will say "yes I would be"
  • barstool said:

barstool said:

I think Stewart has the making of a good pro all round, young, scores, quick, lots to improve on as well, its a yes from me
  • barstool said:

barstool said:

barstool said:

I think Stewart has the making of a good pro all round, young, scores, quick, lots to improve on as well, its a yes from me
  • I thought Stewart had been told that his contract would not be renewed at Hull so I doubt they will be demanding a fee.