Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cameron Stewart to Leeds (to Ipswich)

Comments

• I thought Stewart had been told that his contract would not be renewed at Hull so I doubt they will be demanding a fee.

I should bloody hope not too!!
  • Unless he signs a pre contract and we get him on loan until the end of the season. I am sure you can do that. Can you?
  • I was hoping we would get better - ok if it is amongst other signings, but people on here will know I am not a fan.
  • Probably have to buy out the contract and then make Stewart a decent offer (more than Leeds). Not sure if he is worth it. Has scored some cracking goals though.
  • barstool said:

I have a feeling that we might get Stewart, knowing RD is a businessman the first rule when you are taking over is to show your strength to the management, players, fans etc so can see this as a statement to the Championship, especially as Leeds are a bigger fish

Show your strength maybe... But you also don't want to let the cat out of the bag you have money to burn

• I'd guess we don't have money to burn.
  • Unless he signs a pre contract and we get him on loan until the end of the season. I am sure you can do that. Can you?

I don't think he can sign a pre-contract agreement with an English team.

I like him, I think he's better than Harriott. Yes both are inconsistent but wingers generally are particularly at our level however Stewart seems to show signs of learning whilst I think Hariott may be guilty of thinking he's "made it" slightly.
  • There is an article stating Hull may make him a contract offer.
  • I like him, think he looks more effective playing on the right though...
  • 'Championship side Charlton Athletic have made a bid for Hull’s Cameron Stewart'
  • Sponsored links:

• 'Championship side Charlton Athletic have made a bid for Hull’s Cameron Stewart'

Says who?
  • edited January 2014

'Championship side Charlton Athletic have made a bid for Hull’s Cameron Stewart'

Says who?
    just a few transfer websites and twitter accounts, not sure if its true but a few have said 'charlton have put in a late bid to hijack cameron stewart from leeds'

just type his name into twitter and have a look

Says who?
    just a few transfer websites and twitter accounts, not sure if its true but a few have said 'charlton have put in a late bid to hijack cameron stewart from leeds'
    Ah. I see.
  • Its not late we have been speaking to him and hull for ages
  • Now Leeds can only sign Stewart on emergency loan for 93 days. I would have thought that puts us in the box seat.
    http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/leeds-look-for-stewart-loan-deal-after-league-rules-block-permanent-switch-1-6357476
  • What constitutes an 'emergency' in this context?

What I mean is, are Leeds so short of midfielders that they can't put a side out?
    I can understand goalkeepers signing 'emergency' loans, but not outfield players.
  • What amazes me is how long these things can take....I mean wtf are they talking about?....GET ON WITH IT!!
  • Emergency loan is just a name for a short term loan (3 months or 93 days as said).
  • If both us and Leeds are in for him, surely he'd prefer Leeds?

They're a bigger club, higher in the table than us and he's a northerner
  • Sponsored links:

• But we've got Chrissy Powell
  • Dizzle said:

But we've got Chrissy Powell

And a pitch ideally suited to his silky skills

• Pointless him going on loan to Leeds if he cant stay there until the season is over. His season will be over in April.
  • Kap10 said:

Dizzle said:

But we've got Chrissy Powell

And a pitch ideally suited to his silky skills

Wait till you see the new super pitch that is secretly being constructed under the dome right now.

I hear it has this green stuff growing all over it. The wonders of science, hey. : - )

• Nicholas said:

Pointless him going on loan to Leeds if he cant stay there until the season is over. His season will be over in April.

He can play straight away under the 93 day (emergency loan) & then sign for them at the end of the season.
  • Nicholas said:

Pointless him going on loan to Leeds if he cant stay there until the season is over. His season will be over in April.

He can play straight away under the 93 day (emergency loan) & then sign for them at the end of the season.
    What happens when his loan runs out on say April 8th, can he carry on playing or does he have to sit the rest of the season out.
  • i dont understand this...doesnt the rule say you can only play for 2 clubs a season. has he actually played for hull this season (article assumes he has)

no matter the terms on which he signs, he will still play for his third the minute he steps out for leeds.

whats the deal with that?
  • played for Hull in League Cup. Can play for more than two Clubs but only on emergency loan basis.
  • Surely an "Emergency Loan" is if you've got injuries and suspensions and dont have a big enough squad to replace that person... Its clear Stewart has played for both Charlton and Hull so should be allowed to sign for Leeds but should only be allowed to play from next season!!