Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cameron Stewart to Leeds (to Ipswich)

Comments

• Surely an "Emergency Loan" is if you've got injuries and suspensions and dont have a big enough squad to replace that person... Its clear Stewart has played for both Charlton and Hull so should be allowed to sign for Leeds but should only be allowed to play from next season!!

Well, he hasn't really played for us this season !
    [JOKE !].

• I would love for us to sign him permantly...really adds another dimension to our team. In the last few months the valley pitch probably hasnt helped him. Think he had his best game at yeovil away
  • thanks for the clarification Large.

bit of a rubbish rule, basically you can play for 4 clubs in one season (1st game of the season at parent club then 1 loan then 2 emergencies?) potentially as there doesnt seem to be any strict controls of what constitutes and "emergency"
  • Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Pointless him going on loan to Leeds if he cant stay there until the season is over. His season will be over in April.

He can play straight away under the 93 day (emergency loan) & then sign for them at the end of the season.
    What happens when his loan runs out on say April 8th, can he carry on playing or does he have to sit the rest of the season out.
    Good point :-)
  • Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Pointless him going on loan to Leeds if he cant stay there until the season is over. His season will be over in April.

He can play straight away under the 93 day (emergency loan) & then sign for them at the end of the season.
    What happens when his loan runs out on say April 8th, can he carry on playing or does he have to sit the rest of the season out.
    Good point :-)
    he'd have to sit the remainder of the season out.

Emergency loans should be renamed 'temporary' or semi-temporary' imo

• There is nothing wrong with Cameron Stewart. Against Brighton, out on the left, he skinned the defender by a double-shuffle and hammered it low and hard in to the six-yard box. No result. Later, Stewart skinned the same defender, cut back and chipped it - and still there was no-one to put it into the onion bag. I have watched Danny Green closely for two-and-a-half years - he has never, ever beaten a defender out on the wing.
  • There is nothing wrong with Cameron Stewart. Against Brighton, out on the left, he skinned the defender by a double-shuffle and hammered it low and hard in to the six-yard box. No result. Later, Stewart skinned the same defender, cut back and chipped it - and still there was no-one to put it into the onion bag. I have watched Danny Green closely for two-and-a-half years - he has never, ever beaten a defender out on the wing.

Apologies for being pedantic (especially as I prefer Stewart to Green and I hope we sign him permanently) but Danny Green away at MK Dons for Kermorgant's goal instantly sprang to mind when thinking if he had ever skinned a defender ;-).

The fact that his long throw is his best asset says a lot about Danny Green imo. A player who has promised so much but in reality offered very little. It's frustrating to watch. I'm surprised by the interest in him by League 1 clubs - I didn't think he had the best of times at MK Dons either? Perhaps I'm wrong.
  • Danny Green - not World Class SHOCK
  • Speaking of wingers - do not mention Callum Harriott: I have never seen him get round a defender, either. The desperate stakes were when Powell played him centrally up front against Derby - Kermorgant hammered the ball at goal and the child Harriott was in his way. Kermorgant waved his arms at him in disgust.

Pritchard, Harriott and Pigott are simply not strong enough, physically or mentally. Our next game is against Barnsley - who beat us at home last season.
  • edited January 2014
    craigcafc said:

There is nothing wrong with Cameron Stewart. Against Brighton, out on the left, he skinned the defender by a double-shuffle and hammered it low and hard in to the six-yard box. No result. Later, Stewart skinned the same defender, cut back and chipped it - and still there was no-one to put it into the onion bag. I have watched Danny Green closely for two-and-a-half years - he has never, ever beaten a defender out on the wing.

Apologies for being pedantic (especially as I prefer Stewart to Green and I hope we sign him permanently) but Danny Green away at MK Dons for Kermorgant's goal instantly sprang to mind when thinking if he had ever skinned a defender ;-).

The fact that his long throw is his best asset says a lot about Danny Green imo. A player who has promised so much but in reality offered very little. It's frustrating to watch. I'm surprised by the interest in him by League 1 clubs - I didn't think he had the best of times at MK Dons either? Perhaps I'm wrong.
    I am as disappointed about Danny Green as you are, Craig. You know he returned to us as a high-scoring winger from the Daggers: fifteen goals in their good season: I had high hopes. In the pre-season friendly at Welling, 2011, Green cut inside and scored a cracking goal. I wanted him to be sharp, cunning and incisive for ever. Do you remember that game against Leeds late last season when he fumbled a corner, the defender knocked it out, and Green took it again and the same defender knocked it out before it even reached the six-yard box. On the third attempt, the whole defence was so confused that we managed to bundle it in to the onion bag!

• Sponsored links:

• Leeds want him for free. Surely any offer above nothing will be better to Hull.
  • Stewart is hunting for a permanent contract.

Clubs won't want to buy out the players remaining contract at Hull, unless it can be cancelled.

• Speaking of wingers - do not mention Callum Harriott: I have never seen him get round a defender, either.

You clearly were not watching at the end of last season.
  • Cawley saying we missed out on him.. Shame

• Possibly means they are no longer interested in Stewart?
  • No Stewart will be joining Dirty Leeds as well.
  • ...Has now signed for Leeds www.leedsunited.com
  • ...Has now signed for Leeds www.leedsunited.com

Would have been happy to see him return. Pity

• edited January 2014
    93 day loan with 3 year deal kicking in from this summer. Good deal for him and he stays oop'north
  • I suspect the three year deal was the clincher here. Good luck Cameron.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair play - I thought he scored some cracking goals for us and was definitely an attacking threat in our very threadbare attack so far this season. Would have liked him in the squad more long term but let's hope we have other good options open to us now. or perhaps we'll get another goalie????
  • Hardly surprised. As soon as Leeds were in for him, it was obvious he'd go. Good signing for them and if they get Kebe as well, they'll be a great bet for the play offs.
  • Have to change their name to wimpy Leeds now!
  • Pity. I felt he didn't quite hit the heights with us (Steve Bruce was openly frank about his attitude problems at Hull), but even so he was arguably our most effective winger above Harriott and Danny Boy. Three years at Leeds is a good step up; I wish him well.
  • Also he's maybe gotta thing long term...

i.e. best case scenarios... Leeds - Premiership next season / Charlton - Championship next season
    worst case scenarios... Leeds - Championship next season / Charlton - League One next season
  • If Leeds get to the PL he won't be playing. They'd have the money to get some real quality in.
  • Not surprising, but disappointing nonetheless.
    Good young player, who showed glimpses of what he is capable with a couple of cracking goals and important assists. Should go on to better things if he keeps his head down.
    We really could have done with keeping hold of him, but good luck to the lad.
  • If Leeds get to the PL he won't be playing. They'd have the money to get some real quality in.

But he'll rest easy in the knowledge he has a decent 3 year contract and could easily go to a championship side on loan.

But he'll rest easy in the knowledge he has a decent 3 year contract and could easily go to a championship side on loan.
    Absolutely. I don't blame him at all.
  • What utter bollocks the emergency loan rule is. Who needs an emergency winger? That rule should be for Goalkeepers only.