Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
Not wanting to get ahead if myself but IF we were to beat Sheffield Utd in the QF does anyone know when we will most likely play our Semi Final match?

I'm thinking of flying over to the UK for the game (would actually love it if we got Sunderland at Wembley again).

I'm in Majorca with the family on FA Cup Final day (hope I don't live to regret that!).

COYR!

Comments

• 12/13 April, which day depends BT/ITV ;-)
  • Thanks Dansk
  • Anil Koc...might be gettin a semi.

I read somewhere.
  • If it is us V The Arsenal it will be Sunday to assist the Northern Monkeys to get home in time for work on Monday.
  • If we did get through im praying its the Saturday. Running the marathon on the Sunday!
  • Yes, potential future dilemma for me too as I am in Florida on Cup Final day. Gulp,
  • I'm scheduled to be working that weekend... :(
  • edited February 2014
    Stone said:

I'm scheduled to be working that weekend... :(

I reckon you'll be looking a bit under the weather by then mate with a sicky coming on :-)
  • RedChaser said:

Stone said:

I'm scheduled to be working that weekend... :(

I reckon you'll be looking a bit under the weather by then mate with a semi coming on :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Will* also fly over from Canada for the weekend - hoping it wouldn't be too much hassle to get tickets - my purchase record in the last few years isn't too hot.......

* if if if if etc
  • If we did get through im praying its the Saturday. Running the marathon on the Sunday!

That's a good point actually. If we do beat Sheffield Utd, and our semi is on the Sunday, how on earth do our fans get to Wembley if the roads are shut and you can't drive there or get a bus to the train/tube stations like North Greenwich?
  • seth plum said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves like the Wendies did.

The big difference here is that people are saying IF, unlike the wendies who thought because they allegedly "always beat Sheff Utd" they would be going to wembley for the semi final ho ho ho

• Riviera said:

If it is us V The Arsenal it will be Sunday to assist the Northern Monkeys to get home in time for work on Monday.

Eh?
  • danny_m said:

If we did get through im praying its the Saturday. Running the marathon on the Sunday!

That's a good point actually. If we do beat Sheffield Utd, and our semi is on the Sunday, how on earth do our fans get to Wembley if the roads are shut and you can't drive there or get a bus to the train/tube stations like North Greenwich?

You'd like to think they'd show some common sense and have our game on the saturday but i wouldn't bank on it. We'll be midday sunday again!
  • We need to learn from Sheffield Wednesday - the only game to focus on is Sheffield United - what happens after that should not be part of our thoughts - we consider that when the time comes -if it comes.
  • seth plum said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves like the Wendies did.

You mean like Piggy did, premature ejaculation is right up his street though...
  • I hope it's the Saturday as I'm scheduled to fly back to California on the Sunday. I will change my flight though if I need to. Will just cost a few bob that's all.
  • Not getting ahead of myself...

But will Squeeze be doing our cup final song :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• danny_m said:

If we did get through im praying its the Saturday. Running the marathon on the Sunday!

Pretty sure London can cope with transporting 35,000 Charlton fans from SE London & Kent to Wembley with the marathon on.
  • Us vs Sunderland would be great - poyet vs poyet , repeat of play off final I so want this to happen.

• I don't think threads like this should appear on here. Google the dates if you're interested but nothing should be put in writing for others to see and laugh at afterwards. Just as I think it's a jinx.

meldrew66 said:

Yes, potential future dilemma for me too as I am in Florida on Cup Final day. Gulp,

Listen, my pedigree chums. The rule of the 'P' is the way ahead for both of you...

Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Now go away and re schedule.
  • If we get through I hope it's Sunday as it my birthday
  • I wouldn't be able to go if its the Sunday.

But as Curb It has said, can we close this thread. It just makes us sound ridiculous, especially if we go on and lose. Just look at Sheffield Wednesday.
  • silly question anyway you'll know shortly and not before, and would anyone not pretty much do anything reasonable to attend a semi final at Wembley let alone a final?

:D

I'm with Curbitt lets keep it under wraps anything can happen in the cup, should be a fantastic QF tho, let alone semi
  • WEM-BER-LEE! WEM-BER-LEE!
    We're gonna beat the Blades and we're off to Wembley!
    WEM-BER-LEE! WEM-BER-LEE!

That won't make any difference to the result of the 1/4 final on 9th March by the way.
  • Really wish we didn't have a thread on this.