Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cleverly vs Bellew 2

Couldn't see a thread for this so thought I'd start 1. Slightly surprised it's on ppv but as a huge boxing fan I'm really looking forward to this.

Normally I'd cheer on the English man but I really hope Bellew gets knocked out. He's a gobby scouser who loves the sound of his own voice. His constant talking over people and not letting anyone else get a word in is really getting on my nerves.

Cracking undercard too. I think Degale vs Marco Antonio Peribán will be a great fight.

Anyone else be watching??

Comments

• Think Eddie Hearn and Sky are pushing their luck making it pay per view, despite the strong undercard.
  • Can't stand Bellew. Going for a Clev win, but maybe that's heart ruling head.
  • Think Eddie Hearn and Sky are pushing their luck making it pay per view, despite the strong undercard.

Agreed. Apart from the boxing purist, I can't see the ppv figures being very good

• I think poor sales would be the best case.
    If it sells well that could give them the idea to roll out any old fight as PPV.

Joshua/Price, Quigg/Frampton etc.
  • Couldn't believe the hype, hatred, build up etc.

Then found out it was PPV....

Ridiculous, been seems like people are prepared to pay for it...
  • https://m.oddschecker.com/m/boxing/nathan-cleverly-v-tony-bellew/winner

I've had a rather large bet on cleverly at roughly 11/10 on betfair. Will be keeping a sharp eye on the price as the fight gets closer, I think he may drift some more. Absolutely fantastic price in my opinion.
  • I'm gonna watch it and I'm far from a purist! I don't know much beyond the big news boxing, so I think a pretty good promotion job has been done if it seems like one I should be watching, especially based on what you guys are saying.

The Scouse guy seems so much more certain than the Welsh guy, to me the Welsh guy looks a little scared! If the Scouse guy loses then it'll be funny to me.
  • Nathan Cleverly all day long, he's by far the better fighter and if he loses it will be by him leaving his chin out making a stupid mistake. Bellew has behaving like an arsehole to sell the fight (not box office in a million years) but he is unlikeable anyway the undercard is so one sided it's ridiculous. I really don't want to part with the fifteen or so quid but I know I will.

Groves should knock his opponent out, De gale will go the full 12, Joshua will annihilate Sprott, callum Smith will win easily, scott quigg and mcdonnell have training fights. I'm glad Bradley Saunders is on the bill though.

• Carter said:

Nathan Cleverly all day long, he's by far the better fighter and if he loses it will be by him leaving his chin out making a stupid mistake. Bellew has behaving like an arsehole to sell the fight (not box office in a million years) but he is unlikeable anyway the undercard is so one sided it's ridiculous. I really don't want to part with the fifteen or so quid but I know I will.

Groves should knock his opponent out, De gale will go the full 12, Joshua will annihilate Sprott, callum Smith will win easily, scott quigg and mcdonnell have training fights. I'm glad Bradley Saunders is on the bill though.

Always appreciate your input and opinion on boxing threads mate. There's no way it should be ppv but as you say, we'll end up buying it.

I appreciate that bellew is acting up to sell the fight but whenever I've seen him in interviews he always seems like a real arrogant prick. I hope cleverly batters him and I think he will.

I honestly think Degale is in for a very tough night. Agree that the rest of the undercard looks 1 sided though
  • The pair of them are channel 5 boxers at best
  • Sponsored links:

• The Callum Smith fight is a good fight for Smith, Sjekloca is a decent step up for him. He should win it but it's a decent test.
    I like degale, looking forward to him fighting for the world title next.
    Bradley Saunders opponent is a joke.
  • I think the undercard will ensure it gets decent ppv figures!

I think bellew will be much better at cruiser weight so I'm going for a bellew KO! A real 50/50 though!

Callum smith fight will not be as one sided as people have said! His opponent went 12 rounds with sakio bika.

Looking forward to a charlton win and a cracking night of boxing and if I can stay awake the pacman fight!

• edited November 2014
    How this is PPV is beyond me. All the false hype surrounding it is bordering on embarassing. And don't be fooled into thinking the undercard is good, it isn't. Typical one sided Sky/Matchroom card, not even worth putting an accumulator on.

Hearn wants to be careful, having shit fights like this on box office is exactly what killed box office fights the last time round.

Why do you say that? Only lost to kovalev and Adonis Stevenson who are arguable two of the best boxers in the world!

Clev and bellew are both on the world level in my opinion and could go to the top as the cruiser weight division isn't the best.
  • Carter spot on as always
  • Watched about 10 minutes of a preview show the other day. Had Bellew with his wife and kids. Came across as an arrogant bell end. No way I'm paying to watch this.
  • I watch every boxing show on sky and to put this on ppv is a disgrace. Apart from the non world title top of the card fight it should be straight forward night for pretty much all of them.

Annoying as i want to watch it but i already pay more than enough for sky sports and i can't have them taking the piss even more.
  • I have bought it already and don't see the big deal about doing so, it's a decent card it's a good 4 hrs of entertainment for 16 quid, we pay for much worse value for money than this

And tbh if it gets the purse to be bigger for brits on cards like this all well and good, Eddie will earn out of it but deservedly so imo

Tony bellew is too angry and to lost in rage to be able to do anything other than walk forward and try to ko Nathan cleverly this will be too predictable for cleverly who should have far too much footwork and speed to not let this be a problem, the weight suits bellew more than cleverly, it's got the makings of an explosive evening and a good British billing
  • Watched about 10 minutes of a preview show the other day. Had Bellew with his wife and kids. Came across as an arrogant bell end. No way I'm paying to watch this.

Boxer in being arrogant shocker.
  • Won't be paying out if Millwall at home is anything like last season.

Come 8 o'clock I could barely see straight and.was trying to line up my own card of fights !
  • Sponsored links:

Why do you say that? Only lost to kovalev and Adonis Stevenson who are arguable two of the best boxers in the world!

Clev and bellew are both on the world level in my opinion and could go to the top as the cruiser weight division isn't the best.
    Bellew has limited talent and although cleverley is a fairly decent fighter his lack of power will always leave him exposed. Dont get me wrong I love boxing and would love to have more British world champs but Ppv for this fight is an outrage and the more people who spend their money on it will only encourage sky to continue in this vein. The undercard does have some boxers of interest in it but I don't think any of the fights will be close
  • Clev for me Bellew is just not as good as he thinks he is.
    I will be watching lots of good fights on the card.
  • I pay for box nation it's not different imo you want to watch it and can't go then you'll pay, if you don't pay then you dont really want to watch it
  • 2 European level fighters on a PPV. This is the sort of thing which ruined Sky's PPV business originally.

They're both nobodies that need each other. I do worry how Bellow would react to a defeat.

Did you see how well the 49 year old Bernald Hopkins did against Kovalev? Neither are world level.
  • Clev for me. He is the better boxer but agree bellew is more naturally suited to cruiserweight having boxed as an amateur at heavyweight (same weight for cruiser in the pros). I can see Bellew getting too emotional and looking for the KO. If Clev uses his excellent footwork and speed then its another points win over Bellew
  • I think Clev is the better boxer and should win, but let's not take anything away from Bellew he is a big strong lad and more than capable of a knock out should Clev go toe to toe and try to hammer him back. This is a grudge match and seems full of hatred. I hope Clev wins.
    Prediction: Clev on points
  • I pay for box nation it's not different imo you want to watch it and can't go then you'll pay, if you don't pay then you dont really want to watch it

Would you pay more if box nation started doing ppv?
  • Interesting that Hernia himself has said that he thinks it'll be more casual fans than hardcore enthusiasts that will shell out. Pair of decent but second raters propped up on a WWE style feud and a bill of moderate names knocking out bin men. Periban is the best of a grim bunch, but he's not won in four fight and has barely beaten anyone of note. You can always tell how boxers view their opponents. If they say they're tough, dangerous opponents they think that they're a pile of shit. If they say they're a pile of shit, they reckon they're in for a tough night. Other than the main event you've got fights between 7/1 on and 100/1 on (honestly FFS), it absolutely amazes me that anyone could imagine that is a good undercard.
  • but box nation is like a ppv imo