Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today's B*stard referee

What the hell was that all about? Might as well have worn a blue shirt! It seemed he was intent on antagonising the home support from the off. See below a list of incidents that i can recall;
> gave 3 first half handballs against us when the ball was slammed against our player at point blank range
> the ball goes out for a Cardiff throw by the corner flag but ref lets them take it from nearer the halfway line despite howls from the crowd. Then on the other side blows his whistle at Solly to not pinch yards on his throw, then unbelievably gives a foul throw against us for not taking one from the right place
> Couldnt wait to wave a red card at Harriott but bottled giving their player one for preventing a goal scoring opportunity for George
> not one but two penalty handball decisions
> booking Solly for a push when the only reason they had possession was because their player pushed Buyens in th back

I could go on but can feel my blood rising again. I found myself weighing up the consequences of running on and sticking my nut on him!!!

Comments

• Have no idea how he is a referee
  • He made a rod for his own back by being inconsistent with throw in positions. Didn't help that after the Solly incident he was laughing with Adeyemi
  • he was dreadful. The throw ends were the biggest embarrassment. They regularly gained 15-20 yards but we were back if gaining a couple.
    He bottled their sending off, George was moving into the box for a strike on goal; how is that not a goalscoring chance?
  • When you witness a display like that it does make you wonder about how honest the game is, surprised he didn't rule out the goal for an incident that happened 20minutes earlier.
  • He counted out 10 yards for the free kick when George got pulled back. Let the wall stay where it was, about 9 yards.
  • As mentioned on another thread:

"Not surprised the Ref had a bad game after reading this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20866989 "

"A referee is to be investigated for not sending off a Sheffield Wednesday player he booked twice.

Mick Russell showed midfielder Jeremy Helan a second yellow card in the 26th minute of the 0-0 draw against Huddersfield but did not produce a red."
  • Felt like we were playing against 12 men at times, but at least it woke the crowd up after 64 minutes, thought the atmo up till then was as bad as the ref.
  • How much did Vincent Tan bribe that ref?

'Do you mean the fact he's wearing a Cardiff home shirt in the picture??
  • Sponsored links:

• Comes from Herts. Think it would've been the other way, unless he's a palace fan? Certainly looks like one
  • The first foul he gave us was when Jackson clearly had his legs taken out after the ball had gone... The Referee actually paused for a few seconds before blowing his whistle, it almost seemed as though he was looking at the incident thinking.. "Is there anyway I can ignore this foul, nope, damn"
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Gave 3 first half handballs against us when the ball was slammed against our player at point blank range

I thought the first one (Given against Tucudean) hit him in the head because you saw his head snap backwards in reaction to it... the one with Buyens clearly hit him in the chest whilst I dont remember the third one?
  • To be honest I thought one of the handballs in the area in our favour would have resulted in a harsh penalty in any normal match as the player was on the ground and his arm didnt go towards the ball but pretty much deflected off it... trouble is though we had two ghost handballs against us so surely that should have been evened up
  • Bottled giving their player in the second half a red like a scared little girl. He did it deliberatly to annoy the us fans. He is total criminal.
  • Unbelievable that the foul count was 15-8 against Charlton - especially with Russell Slade as their manager. Deserves a good savaging by his guide dog.
  • Bottled giving their player in the second half a red like a scared little girl. He did it deliberatly to annoy the us fans. He is total criminal.

Playing devils advocate... Had the second Cardiff Defender not been there then I reckon it would have been a red... the Referee may have felt that the second Defender was still slightly up with play and could have got a block in on the shot (Because Tucudean was going to have got a shot away)
  • Why did the ref stop play when the Cardiff keeper slid into the advertising and then faked injury?
    The keeper decided to go for a ball he was never going to make and then knowing he couldn't make his ground laid down. Tough luck on us should have been the other way round.
  • Not much wakes the East stand up but today's ref managed just that.

I don not normally moan at the refs but by god, he was just bloody awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2014
    To be fair you cant really play on without a Goalkeeper seeing that no one else is allowed to handle the ball... Would probably be one of the harshest decisions ever given had the ref allowed the game to continue with Marshall still on the floor (I know I'd be frothing at the mouth if that happened to us)

Why though did it take till the 77th minute for the Referee to speak with one of their players about time wasting and then not even issue a card? - I dont care if its Cardiff City or Charlton Athletic thats doing the time-wasting it should still be stamped out, I'm here to see Football not a bloke standing over or just holding the ball for five minutes
  • Truly dreadful refereeing display.
  • To be fair you cant really play on without a Goalkeeper seeing that no one else is allowed to handle the ball... Would probably be one of the harshest decisions ever given had the ref allowed the game to continue with Marshall still on the floor (I know I'd be frothing at the mouth if that happened to us)

Why though did it take till the 77th minute for the Referee to speak with one of their players about time wasting and then not even issue a card? - I dont care if its Cardiff City or Charlton Athletic thats doing the time-wasting it should still be stamped out, I'm here to see Football not a bloke standing over or just holding the ball for five minutes

The issue with that is he came out for the ball conceded the thrown in and new he was not gonna get back in goal in time so pretended he was injured, which stopped us taking the quick thrown.

I understand what you are saying but its his fault for coming out
  • Why did the ref stop play when the Cardiff keeper slid into the advertising and then faked injury?
    The keeper decided to go for a ball he was never going to make and then knowing he couldn't make his ground laid down. Tough luck on us should have been the other way round.

And no booking for what subsequently proved to be clear simulation - just demonstrates how weak he was.
  • One word. Corrupt.
  • sm said:

Why did the ref stop play when the Cardiff keeper slid into the advertising and then faked injury?

And no booking for what subsequently proved to be clear simulation - just demonstrates how weak he was. goes to show how big a bet he'd put on Cardiff to win
    Fixed for you
  • One serious Question... Prior to the match I noticed he was the referee when we beat Norwich 1-0... For those who went (and remember) what was he like then?
  • He was quite biased. All we want is consistency. If he starts giving free kicks when balls hit players arms from a yard then he should do so all game - but he only did it when it hit a red arm!

I was close to Harriott's foul, and it was over the top. The ref was a bit theatrical though, which nearly caused other problems. Morrison foul on George was a yellow for me but on another day could have been red. Solly booking was strange, as it was a clear kick I think but he played advantage; then the lino put up an offside flag so he brought play back. I wouldn't have had a problem with either booking Solly and us getting the offside, or bringing play back and no booking, but what he did was laughable.

Why he allowed two Cardiff staff in the technical area all game I don't know - is that allowed now? I thought it should be one only? Only when three went into it did the 4th official get up to have a word, and when five of them came at him one time he just ushered them away!!

As for the throw ins, if a Charlton player had taken that long at a throw in you can guarantee he would have been booked, but Gunnarson got way with taking ages every time. The one when Gunnarson hurt himself was a huge foul throw but nothing was given by the lino. You have to be consistent with where the throws are taken, but he did let Braysford get a good ten yard average every time. Solly was told not to steal any more yards, but then threw the ball to Ben Haim who took it where he got the ball, so in that respect it was a foul throw. But where was the consistency???

Grrrrrr!
  • With Vincent Tan in charge i wonder if Mr Russell was doing his part for a far east betting scam. As JBG F*cked it up for them i hope the Malaysian mafia take their vengence on him (the ref not JBG)
  • I don't think any referees are corrupt but the one today was impossibly incompetent. Harriott deserved to go off, the time wasting from Cardiff was embarrassing and generally he was bullied by the Cardiff staff and players. The amount of foul throws every game annoys the shit out of me but the performance around that one he ended up giving over to the opposition was a new one on me