Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Not happy with Peeters at the moment

How many more formations and switching players positions is he going to change this season?

We have played 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1 and tonight we played 3-5-2.

We started the season playing 4-4-2 and we were one of the teams remaining unbeaten, Vetokele was scoring like fun and we was not conceding many goals. Surely that is the formation that suited us with the team we have?

Winning only 2 in 13 is relegation form, if it carries on like this we will be down with Millwall soon. I know we was playing Ipswich tonight but I am analysing our recent performances, I still think we should have appointed Riga seeing he did brilliant to keep us up.

Comments

• Yet he still thinks zonal marking actually works.
  • We got found out as a team manyyyy a weeks ago and he's just trying a bit of everything, there is no concrete plan B. As I said pre match a 3-5-2 (all be it 5-3-2 which invites pressure) is asking for Ipswich to get in behind the midfield and go at us, they did just that piling in the corners and got their just rewards from our poor zonal marking.

We all seem to know everything when we post, we want to see this team, that team, this formation, that formation and Bob is seemingly the same, he's trying to find something that works (of which he should be doing day to day at SL, not on match days).

I'm not quite sure what Bob's strengths are as a coach, granted he's in a tricky job due to our owner but let's not go there. I can't say I'm convinced by his man management and treatment of the youth either.
  • I don't think Peeters has got much longer left here.

With the title of the thread and comments like this it makes you wonder
  • cafctom said:

Yet he still thinks zonal marking actually works.

Why is there such hatred towards zonal marking? You never hear the same dislike towards man marking.
  • I am sure Peters won't be here next season. He might not be here for 2015 for that matter. I do wonder if he continues to have the player's confidence given his tinkering, playing people out of position, etc.
  • BillG said:

I am sure Peters won't be here next season. He might not be here for 2015 for that matter. I do wonder if he continues to have the player's confidence given his tinkering, playing people out of position, etc.

I am sorry but isn't that a managers job

4-4-2 was not working so he has tried different things
    Wiggins is injured, fox not worked out so again he has had to try different things
    Doesn't mean you need to put Solly in midfield, Harriott upfront though, does it? He's clutching at straws and has been for a lot longer than is visible to us.

Wiggins out has been very detrimental to our season but then Bob didn't use Wiggins to his best ability anyway IMO, stopped him from bombing forward and let the opponents wingers bomb at him which is not his strength, he's best toe to toe with them up and down the field.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2014

BillG said:

I am sure Peters won't be here next season. He might not be here for 2015 for that matter. I do wonder if he continues to have the player's confidence given his tinkering, playing people out of position, etc.

Wiggins is injured, fox not worked out so again he has had to try different things
    Not sure how you say 4-4-2 was not working seeing we played that formation when we were one of the teams remaining unbeaten, Vetokele was scoring like fun and we was not conceding many goals.

Anyway, whats wrong with not playing Gomez left back or switching Solly at left back with Wilson coming in Right back?
  • DiscoCAFC said:

BillG said:

Not sure how you say 4-4-2 was not working seeing we played that formation when we were one of the teams remaining unbeaten, Vetokele was scoring like fun and we was not conceding many goals.

Anyway, whats wrong with not playing Gomez left back or switching Solly at left back with Wilson coming in Right back?
    Then we lost to Bournemouth and BP decided to go 4-4-1-1 to try and change things around as teams were starting to work us out. oh and Vetokele was not scoring for fun in fact after the Brighton game the next 7 games whilst playing 4-4-2 he scored 1 goal
  • When I saw the title of this thread I thought great, at last RD has joined the discussion on CL...

You've been found out DiscoCAFC, we know who you really are
  • He also needs to stop saying that the amount of points at this point last year is was a lot less and the amount we have now is a positive, well now we only have 7 more than last year at this time
  • Saying we can't do anything about the headers we were outfought for is poor.
  • No point in being frustrated at a manager who is early on in his managing career, if this was Powell in his first season with us would you be so quick to put him under fire? Fact is Igor has been pony recently and that has had an effect on results
  • Sponsored links:

• Starting to think agent spanners, must stop, must stop.
  • Can tell you for a fact Jacko isn't happy with how things are going. Keep being taken off at 60 minutes is p*ssing him off. Add to that this poxy Zonal Marking which none of the team like.
  • S_R - couldn't agree more. Tonight was to be expected, it happens. But the Blackpool game really pissed me off at the time, and thinking about it again it really was unacceptable not to get the three points in that game. Very complacent.
  • I remember RD saying if we are in striking distance, that he will spend money. Are we still in striking distance according to him? We can't assume what he'll do. We'll have to wait and see
  • Scoham said:

I want to see how he does with the 2/3 signings we need. As has been talked about for months we have no option of a target man up front. I also feel we lack something in midfield, whether that's a playmaker, a goalscorer or ball winner. We clearly don't have enough cover in other positions, Pope and Fox haven't been convincing or consistent enough, while Gomez and KAG are still very young, we don't want to be relying on them if we get a few injuries in their positions. Then we've got a few signings that haven't added what we hoped in Bulot, Tucudean and Moussa.

I don't blame him for trying something different at times. He'd be critisized more had he kept things exactly as they were in the first few games of the season. He's also limited by our small squad.

I agree that Peeters early start deserves a crack with reinforcements but he need to buy time with a win.

We should find out soon enough if Watt and Ajdarevic are signing on loan. However I would add that Gomez is solid and that Solly at left back is a good option until Wiggins back (which is when?)

Our issues are still midfield which the arrival and subsequent departure of Coquelin demonstrated so, so clearly.