Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barry Bannan

No idea on the likelyhood of it happening but we've enquired about a loan deal.

Comments

• Isn't he a cm? Would be the third one we've signed this window. Strange.

Good player though!
  • Isn't he palace scum??
  • BB in on loan YB back to SL maybe

Good player though!

3rd? Le point and? Have I missed one

Good player though!

Veljkovic mate.

Good player though!

Veljkovic mate.
    Oh fair enough forgot about him
  • dancafc said:

Isn't he palace scum??

Villa, think Holloway brought him in. Hopefully hasn't been there long enough to become a Nigel.
    Descent player, but would imagine, too expensive.
  • He only turned 25 last month i believe, could be loan with a view to signing him permanently in the summer if it works out.

i would be very pleased with this signing if it happens.
  • Like him. Will be a good signing if it happens.
  • Sponsored links:

• His not Belgium or part of the network, so forget him.
  • dancafc said:

Isn't he palace scum??

Villa, think Holloway brought him in. Hopefully hasn't been there long enough to become a Nigel.
    Descent player, but would imagine, too expensive.
    Not made enough of an impact either to become a Nigel yet which makes signing him ok if it happens.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Where did you hear this?
  • I would imagine we enquired in case the Lepointe deal fell through. Unless Buyens is leaving or perhaps Jackson, then I'd be very surprised if this happens.
  • Decent player and most importantly he is more of an attacking and creative player. Short-arse but I'd be initially pleased if this one comes off.

We have signed mostly midfielders, but midfield has also been a problem area for us for a long time now.

A hold up player would still be nice, but I have long maintained that our goal scoring problems have ben more about our midfield than strikers (not that they have always helped much at times).

• CAFCsayer said:

Where did you hear this?
    A friend who has a family member on their board. Mentioned Ameobi last week and wouldnt have any reason to disbelieve him.
  • Been told Damien Matthew has watched him a few times , as said he isn't from Belgium so I doubt it , but a coach at palace said Matthew has definately been watching him .
  • Does make you wonder whether there is anything to the rumour of JJ to Udders!
  • Essex_Al said:

Does make you wonder whether there is anything to the rumour of JJ to Udders!

Must admit that's what I'm thinking, Al.

• Sponsored links:

• I rate him but signing players on loan from them... give me strength. Next thing we know Solly will be putting in a transfer request having heard about rumoured interest from Bermondsey.

I'm no longer proud of the club I support, but at this rate I'll be driven out of town with shame.
  • Decent little player, would be happy to have him. Would be a step up on either Buyens or JJ nowadays I reckon.
  • edited January 2015

I'm no longer proud of the club I support, but at this rate I'll be driven out of town with shame.

Give it a rest...
  • Mind you, getting Belgian citizenship isn't that difficult. I'm sure RD can pull some strings for him ... :)
  • I rate him but signing players on loan from them... give me strength. Next thing we know Solly will be putting in a transfer request having heard about rumoured interest from Bermondsey.

But surely Paul, if its a player that would improve our team, and Bannan surely would, what difference does it make where he's come from?
  • Depends on your perspective Al but I suppose that is a very rational and logical question to ask! But I'm a hater not a lover I'm afraid.

Call me what you like but words can't express my ill feeling towards both Palace and Millwall, and so I'd rather make do with 10 men than give game time to their reserves and hand that cocky bastard who nearly bankrupted us more cash to spend on dragging them clear of relegation!

Players have been moving between charlton and palace for a long time. Get a grip.
    They have. I'm never gonna like it though!
  • edited January 2015
    Bizarre comment mate.

I'd give anything for a David Whyte (RIP) to come in on loan for the run in
  • My thoughts as well AFKA. Whyte would do the biz in this team. Dig him up.