Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Did quite like the Simon Church goal celebration in front of our fans as he reminded us of his name... Anyone reckon that was to a few on here? ;)
  • Options
    According to the BBC sport page, the attendance was 9,168, but that will no doubt include many ST holders that are now staying away............
  • Options

Bit of a crap game to be honest on a boggy pitch, not sure what the attendance was but atmosphere was very flat. But will take that every week. Strange formation but it worked. Church gave it to us big time when he scored. Guddys goal was superb especially from 20yards out.

Nice to meet a few of the guys afterwards including fanny and her husband nursing a sore head now lol.

What was the formation? I assumed from the lineup it was 4-4-2 with Eagles in for Bulot, Church for Igor and Diarra for Buyens?
  • Options
    Really pleased we didnt slip up, and pleased for Church that he's got a goal and a couple of games as it'll help him get a contract somewhere after this season.

JBG and Gomez need a longer contract.

Eagles, RJ and Diarra could do with contracts past the end of this season too (particularly the first 2)

Lets spend a bit now to save in the long run.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

One of those where we historically wouldn't have come out with the appropriate result. This shows a bit of a ruthless streak that has been missing from the team for many years. For me that's the most exciting thing.

I'd say we were pretty ruthless when we walked away with the L1 title - quite a lot of wins were about taking our relatively limited number of chances.

But agree that this was absent earlier in the season, thinking about Harriott vs Brentford (away), Tuc vs Millwall, Igor Vs Cardiff.... these chances are being taken now. Makes a big difference when the standard one-goal-a-game becomes 2 or 3
  • Options
    Wins and defeats better than bloody bore draws. We've lost less games than Brentford which is incredible. Must continue to play Gomez.
  • Options
    KHAKHA
    edited March 2015
    In a sentence: Championship side beats League 1 team at head tennis on League 2 pitch. We weren’t great, but I’m not sure it was possible on that surface. If you’re unhappy with the ownership set-up at Charlton, this is the place to come for reassurance.

I was interested to see how our three temporary reinforcements did, as all of Johnson, Diarra and Eagles started. Johnson was solid and influential, and would be a useful acquisition. I liked Diarra too. He protects the back four well and is excellent in the air, albeit a bit ungainly with the ball at his feet. If it were my decision, I think I would pass on Eagles unless he shows more enthusiasm for the defensive side of his game.

Of the others, I was particularly impressed with Gomez. He is physically strong with good technical ability for a central defender. If he grows a couple of inches and becomes a bit more dominant in the air, then in a couple of years you could be hard put to see the scope for improvement.

And finally, you just can’t imagine a sweeter left foot than JBG’s.
  • Options
    Might just be me but I don't see the rush to give Johnson, Eagles and Diarra longer contracts. I'd rather see how they do in the remaining games first.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Might just be me but I don't see the rush to give Johnson, Eagles and Diarra longer contracts. I'd rather see how they do in the remaining games first.

On early impressions, I'd like to give all 3 longer deals sooner rather than later, but it's not as if we were exactly fighting off other clubs to sign them in the first place!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An expected win and we are in terrific form, long may it last
  • Options
    A good result. Obviously against a poor team on a poor pitch but it could have been a game we messed up as we have done so many times so that shows decent character. Sensible player changes by Luzon too.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

What was the formation? I assumed from the lineup it was 4-4-2 with Eagles in for Bulot, Church for Igor and Diarra for Buyens?

Yes, just as you've said.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    cabbles said:

I feel sorry for Blackpool and their fans, but man, a 3-0 away win on a tuesday is sweet. I begin to feel Church is a bit like a playing versión of Parky. To begin with, he was loathed by everyone, but slowly, people are noticing that although his goals to games ratio is poor, he creates a lot of space for other players and tries hard. He's never gonna be POTY at the Valley, but we've had players who earned more and deserved less tan hi, and despite the stick he gets, he still puts in a shift.

Like a supernova fading in its death throws, spewing out the last of its heavier elements fused at its core, before gravity sucks it back in and reduces it to a dense white dwarf. In English, his contract is up at the end of the season and we won't see him in a Charlton shirt thereafter.

He has always tried his very best though, and although I've criticised him a lot on here, thanks for all your efforts Churchy, I hope you find a club where you can score goals and get 1st team football.
    Depends. If he is cheap enough, it might be a no-brainer to offer him a new contract. We'll always need cover.
  • Options

Scoham said:

I'd like to see the 3 of them given longer contracts immediately. First and foremost because they wouldn't command a transfer fee.
    Secondly because it would stop any other interested parties nabbing them from under our nose.

The 3 of them, make the squad stronger and bring a wealth of experience as well.
    I would too. My fear is that they will continue to play well and someone jumps in and snaps one or more of them up before we offer them anything.
  • Options
    I think KM was saying that they want to keep them hungry so they were waiting before giving them a new contract, maybe hold back until Easter weekend.
  • Options

Scoham said:

I'd like to see the 3 of them given longer contracts immediately. First and foremost because they wouldn't command a transfer fee.
    Secondly because it would stop any other interested parties nabbing them from under our nose.

The 3 of them, make the squad stronger and bring a wealth of experience as well.
    I would too. My fear is that they will continue to play well and someone jumps in and snaps one or more of them up before we offer them anything.
    Having proved their worth, we don't know what wages or signing on fees they might be wanting though. I assume longer deals will depend on what plans RD, KM and GL have for next season's player budget...
  • Options

Tremendous swearing by RJ, completely out performed the crowd and home effort by Clark. With lino abuse like that surely a long term oath of allegiance can't be far off. Assist for JG goal to the keeper who clearly had 0-3 on his coupon. Took him til the restart to get across his goal he was so far over. Churchinho goal and oh so nearly a glancing finish from Pointyhead. Would of been a legendary night if that had gone in. Fantastic shapes in the air from Captain France, balletic really, definitely deserved a better audience than last Xmas's leftover tangerines.

Are you serious about the 'assist' from the keeper re JBG's goal? I've just watched it on Sky TV and he looked pretty central to me, if anything he was farther to his left which is where JBG put it. I may be being petty but it was a class free kick, nothing the keeper could do and I think your comments about it are totally unfounded, give credit where credit is due...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

One of the things that killed us this season was the turnover of players. We've got three decent players here, all with Premier League or international pedigree who are performing. Even if they drop off in form the talent's there and they'll be useful members of the squad. Roland's not going to splash out loads of cash, and even if he did it would likely cost enough just to replace those three. On current form we're just a couple of additions away from challenging for the Playoffs and the best way to build for that push next season is by losing as few players from a functioning side as possible. I'd keep them all.
    ideally I'd keep all three although at the moment I'm not too fussed about Eagles. sticking point will be wages with all three. if they keep performing then there will also be interest from other Clubs.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Echo that, they have all shown they have a lot to offer and there is less of a risk attached to keeping them than looking for replacements. To be honest, I think there is scope for Church to play himself into a new deal, though not sure he would want one. I think in a confident team he is showing he can do a job as 3rd choice striker.
  • Options

Tremendous swearing by RJ, completely out performed the crowd and home effort by Clark. With lino abuse like that surely a long term oath of allegiance can't be far off. Assist for JG goal to the keeper who clearly had 0-3 on his coupon. Took him til the restart to get across his goal he was so far over. Churchinho goal and oh so nearly a glancing finish from Pointyhead. Would of been a legendary night if that had gone in. Fantastic shapes in the air from Captain France, balletic really, definitely deserved a better audience than last Xmas's leftover tangerines.

Are you serious about the 'assist' from the keeper re JBG's goal? I've just watched it on Sky TV and he looked pretty central to me, if anything he was farther to his left which is where JBG put it. I may be being petty but it was a class free kick, nothing the keeper could do and I think your comments about it are totally unfounded, give credit where credit is due...
    Been up all night worrying about it. Re read my words over and over. I can see where my angst ridden prose would have started you agonising over whether JG was getting slated. Man he must be distraught. Can I take this opportunity to apologise to any members of the CL community that have suffered as a result of my irresponsible actions. Can I also apologise to the people of Iceland for the Cod War and for the fag packet my Uncle Ron dropped whilst on sentry duty in 1945 just outside Rekyavik.
    If you have been affected by the content of my messages and you wish to discuss any of the issues raised in my post please phone our helpline on 0207 7232 1222. Zampa the Lion will be pleased to take your call and tell you a real sob story that should make you feel better.
    x
    Dick.....
  • Options
    Advocaat
  • Options

Been up all night worrying about it. Re read my words over and over. I can see where my angst ridden prose would have started you agonising over whether JG was getting slated. Man he must be distraught. Can I take this opportunity to apologise to any members of the CL community that have suffered as a result of my irresponsible actions. Can I also apologise to the people of Iceland for the Cod War and for the fag packet my Uncle Ron dropped whilst on sentry duty in 1945 just outside Rekyavik.
    If you have been affected by the content of my messages and you wish to discuss any of the issues raised in my post please phone our helpline on 0207 7232 1222. Zampa the Lion will be pleased to take your call and tell you a real sob story that should make you feel better.
    x

x
    Dick.....
    hahaha brilliant.
  • Options
    Another 0-3 in the bag, save one for April 3rd perleeeeeease

Scum not winning is good news as well

I like this mid table lark

Respect to those who travelled from afar to Blackpool last night , you got your rewards

I'm slowly turning in to a Luzon Lover

60% 7th-12th ...... 40% 13th-21st