Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Katrien says there will be more signings

quoted from BBC website - "After reluctantly losing one of our young academy talents, the fans expect us to invest back into the team," Charlton chief executive Katrien Meire told the club website.

"We made bringing Patrick (Bauer) to The Valley one of our priorities as soon as the window opened. I expect him to be the first of many new faces this summer as we look to build for the future."

Comments

• C.O.L.I.N.
  • Give me a C!! C!! - O!! O!! - L!! L!! - I!! I!! - N!! N!!
  • I won't be happy till we are winning the Premier League every year and playing in Champion League finals regularly.

But then again, I won't be happy then either!!!

Curse you RD!!!!!
  • What if we won some Champions League finals, would that make you happy?
  • Ok fair enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

We're building a better tomorrow today.

We're building a better today, tomorrow.

Sweating the slogan.
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

We're building a better tomorrow today.

We're building a better today, tomorrow.

Sweating the slogan.
    Poor bloke, remember his 'signing on photo', he was so proud of that deal.
    I think he copyrighted that saying..........

• Dear Katrien will say exactly what she is told to say..nothing more and nothing less.

Roland has already ordered his new swimming pool and we are scouting in Madeira.
  • edited June 2015

I think the lady has a lot more about her than given credit for

What he said.
  • I have said elsewhere that I do think not having someone with Charlton in his/her heart working on communications is a false economy in the long run.

As to what she has now said, I respond with "no sh*t, Sherlock"!
  • edited June 2015
    I think some people just like to moan all the time. What ever her and roland do people will moan. I have said it before the whole club needs work doing on and off the pitch and if people don't want to be at Charlton they can leave in my eyes.

A very dangerous view IMO. The club can't afford for supporters to leave. Unless all the people that are unwilling to criticise can multiply in numbers (bring some mates along).
  • Sponsored links:

• I have saiud elsewhere that I do think not having someone with Charlton in his/her heart working on communications is a false economy in the long run.

OG is a supporter
  • PL54 said:

I have saiud elsewhere that I do think not having someone with Charlton in his/her heart working on communications is a false economy in the long run.

OG is a supporter
    Does OG communicate with KM and more to the point is she listening?
  • Not sure, ask him
  • This thread is going weird
  • PL54 said:

I have saiud elsewhere that I do think not having someone with Charlton in his/her heart working on communications is a false economy in the long run.

OG is a supporter
    Does OG communicate with KM and more to the point is she listening?
    If OG didn't Communicate With KM ?,,,, that would be an OG.

Jaw Jaw, not War War.

• How is "no shit Sherlock" a criticism?

FFS if we don't make a load of signings we haven't a squad to put out. Not exactly news, that bit - its going to be "who" that counts.
  • Gomez was a hound shg now if Pluto is a dog and Donald a duck what the feck is goofy
  • Sorry I meant players/staff

I think some people just like to moan all the time. What ever her and roland do people will moan. I have said it before the whole club needs work doing on and off the pitch and if people don't want to be at Charlton they can leave in my eyes.

A very dangerous view IMO. The club can't afford for supporters to leave. Unless all the people that are unwilling to criticise can multiply in numbers (bring some mates along).

• Made some big mistakes last season. I think she got a bit caught up in our good start then didn’t handle the downturn well at all? But it is clear that she does what she is told and she might have been stitched up a bit by Roland. But he was probably testing her a bit. I would advise her not to be too smug when things are going well or too defensive when they are not. Always think how what you say is going to be received and understand what motivates Charlton fans as it is different to Belgian fans.

Judging from how the SL fans reacted last summer, I'd imagine dealing with Belgian fans would be harder!

Katrien's mistakes were probably more down to inexperience of football, she's young and not from a football background. She's intelligent though, and the sort to learn quickly I'd imagine!