Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Apprentice, 2015 (no spoilers please)

Comments

• IA said:
    This is really weird. Apart from the mystery building, the Cheesegrater has slid forward and apparently destroyed the Walkie Talkie. Since that lost is scorching laser beam it's not been able to compete.
  • They all, bar one, get fired.

Sorry.

Apart from the fact the runner up does not get 'your fired' the winner gest 'your hired'
  • IA said:
    This is really weird. Apart from the mystery building, the Cheesegrater has slid forward and apparently destroyed the Walkie Talkie. Since that lost is scorching laser beam it's not been able to compete.
    I presume they've just google searched "London skyline" and pilfered an artists impression of a proposed building without doing any research at all.
  • MrOneLung said:

They all, bar one, get fired.

Sorry.

Apart from the fact the runner up does not get 'your fired' the winner gest 'your hired'
    *you're
    *gets
    *you're

(In the spirit of the type of helpful comments that contestants are given on The Apprentice).
  • Chizz said:

MrOneLung said:

They all, bar one, get fired.

Sorry.

*you're
    *gets
    *you're

(In the spirit of the type of helpful comments that contestants are given on The Apprentice).
    I cannot believe I put Your once let alone twice.
  • Chizz said:

Say what you like about Lord Sugar, but you should always remember he's an absolute genius when it comes to giving customers a product that is perfect; and he knows exactly how to cut a deal.

For instance, without Lord Sugar's fabulous "E-m@iler Plus", how would any of us be able to send or receive emails? And for only 20p a time? (As long as we're in the UK, because, of course, it's impossible to use it outside this country. Because, you know... stuff).

And who else could put together such a brilliant deal as the sale of Amstrad? He managed to flog the company to BSkyB in 2007 for one hundred and twenty five million pounds! Incredible! Considering that, in 1986 it was only worth a mere £1.2bn. So, he managed to sell the company for £950 million less than it was worth 21 years previously.

No wonder all the contestants take all of his advice so seriously.

To be fair, the bloke is a BILLIONAIRE, so I don't think any of us on here can compete with that, regardless of what we think or don't think of him!

• Most of his business is property now, isn't it?
  • supaclive said:

Chizz said:

Say what you like about Lord Sugar, but you should always remember he's an absolute genius when it comes to giving customers a product that is perfect; and he knows exactly how to cut a deal.

For instance, without Lord Sugar's fabulous "E-m@iler Plus", how would any of us be able to send or receive emails? And for only 20p a time? (As long as we're in the UK, because, of course, it's impossible to use it outside this country. Because, you know... stuff).

And who else could put together such a brilliant deal as the sale of Amstrad? He managed to flog the company to BSkyB in 2007 for one hundred and twenty five million pounds! Incredible! Considering that, in 1986 it was only worth a mere £1.2bn. So, he managed to sell the company for £950 million less than it was worth 21 years previously.

No wonder all the contestants take all of his advice so seriously.

To be fair, the bloke is a BILLIONAIRE, so I don't think any of us on here can compete with that, regardless of what we think or don't think of him!

Absolutely. As the saying goes, "if I had his money, I'd burn mine".

But, it's worth noting that *every* mistake the contestants make is jumped on, whereas Sugar himself doesn't have a perfect and blemish-free record.
  • Sugar looks like an angry bollock. Makes him alright in my book.
  • Sponsored links:

• I missed the first boardroom bit. Did the blokes get away with that boat?
  • Strange.

There was a paper skeleton in previous years that was ridiculed. Not sure what the difference is.
  • IA said:

Strange.

There was a paper skeleton in previous years that was ridiculed. Not sure what the difference is.

The boat floated. The paper skeleton would have sunk.
  • Shame that Jenny got the Spanish archer, I thought she seemed likely to do very well.
  • Chizz said:

IA said:

Strange.

The boat floated. The paper skeleton would have sunk.
    Yeah but the boat looked nothing like a human skeleton.
  • Vana is a right birch!
  • edited October 2015
  • IA said:

Strange.

The boat just about made the measurements and was a proper one man dinghy.
  • Did the Geordie bloke go out ? @Bedsaddick
  • Sponsored links:

• Even though Jenny was culpable with regards to the mussels fiasco and she kept saying very odd things, I can't help thinking it would have been good to see a lot more of her.
  • Chizz said:

Even though Jenny was culpable with regards to the mussels fiasco and she kept saying very odd things, I can't help thinking it would have been good to see a lot more of her.

I actually said whilst watching it last night that this years was missing a fit one, guess I was wrong !
  • Would rather watch paint dry. Plus looking at Brady and Sugar makes me bilious.
  • Macronate said:

sofas for dogs!!!!!

they'll be having sofas at football matches next.

Lol, they looked good though
  • Another week where someone inexplicably escapes firing, all about the business plans I guess and giving the good (sic) ones the bets chance of muddling through. She might have been unbearably northern, but at least she was bloody trying. Take that sale-that-wasn't-really-her-sale away from her and you've just got someone who didn't sell, didn't try to sell and sulked all day - how can you justify not firing here on that basis?
  • Another week where someone inexplicably escapes firing, all about the business plans I guess and giving the good (sic) ones the bets chance of muddling through. She might have been unbearably northern, but at least she was bloody trying. Take that sale-that-wasn't-really-her-sale away from her and you've just got someone who didn't sell, didn't try to sell and sulked all day - how can you justify not firing here on that basis?

At this stage, I think they keep in the ones that cause friction, simply for the entertainment value.