Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do we actually want to win on Saturday?

Look, before you all get up in arms I always want Charlton to do well and never want to see them lose or get relegated but in the long term is it actually better if results don't pick up under Fraeye and Roland is forced to appoint someone else. Going off of Twitter it sounds like they wanted to make him the full term boss but knew we would react even worse than we have. I think maybe in terms of looking towards the future we almost don't want Fraeye to do well but hope we can stay in touch in the league.

Comments

• We won't have a choice.
    Oh hang on, Boro are going to say, sorry you're in such a state, here's three points because you are awful, but we like you.
  • Yeah I know, obviously I dont want to go down but I feel like if Fraeye has a pick up in form we will get him long term and then continue with the Duchatelet system until he runs out of mates or people he met down the pub once.
  • I'm not sure I care at the moment to be honest!
  • MrLargo said:

I agree.

If it's a choice between losing the next 3 games 5-0 and therefore forcing Katrien and Roland to look for a proper manager, or picking up a win and a draw and giving them just enough of an excuse to appoint him permanently, then the long-term benefit would unfortunately come from taking a thumping in the next 3 games.

Can't bring myself to want us to lose, but I won't lose any sleep if it does happen.

Be great to get a players' view on this. How much will they try for the new man if they suspect that a couple of hammerings could result in them getting someone in they prefer?
  • edited October 2015
    Do we actually want to win on Saturday? ... anyone (amended .. anyone who purports to be a CAFC supporter) who replies other than YES needs help .. what is the point of supporting and following a team in any sport unless you want to see that team win ? .. I understand that the question is asked in good(ish) faith .. but really !!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    Of the next 6 games, lets say Carol loses 4 or 5 of them, surely that means RD will be forced to get a proper manager in charge.

If that does happen and Carol gets the boot, then at least the new guy has more then half a season to turn it around, which is plenty of time, even though we will probably be bottom by the time this person takes over.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Of the next 6 games, lets say Carol loses 4 or 5 of them, surely that means RD will be forced to get a proper manager in charge.

If that does happen and Carol gets the boot, then at least the new guy has more then half a season to turn it around, which is plenty of time, even though we will probably be bottom be the time this person takes over.

So that's the manager sorted - what about the players?
  • Really has been some nonsense spouted lately but this one is top of the pile
  • CAFCTrev said:

If that does happen and Carol gets the boot, then at least the new guy has more then half a season to turn it around, which is plenty of time, even though we will probably be bottom be the time this person takes over.

If we lose the next 4 or 5 games then it doesn't matter who we get in, we're so far up shit creek they're re-shooting Deliverance
  • Yes, I want us to win.
  • Yes. I want us to win but it's highly unlikely.
  • What will be more interesting is how the team play, do the players look "up for it" or not, do they look better organised and coached
  • Sponsored links:

• Going down to League 1 would probably not mean a quick re-fit and coming back to the Championship with one year looking as good as new. A drop to League 1 might mean a long stay there (or worse). I'd rather that we won on Saturday just to keep us a bit closer to safety. It's not going to be a good year this year whatever happens (excluding the extraordinary), so let's hope we can get to May maintaining our Championship status so that next year might be better.
  • Sorry to say this but I want us to go on an absolutely shocking run now. I want RD and KM to preside over our worst ever season so that they cannot behind the facts. Yes it goes against what some people might deem being a 'proper supporter', but I have fully accepted it will have to get a lot, lot worse before it can get better
  • cabbles said:

Sorry to say this but I want us to go on an absolutely shocking run now. I want RD and KM to preside over our worst ever season so that they cannot behind the facts. Yes it goes against what some people might deem being a 'proper supporter', but I have fully accepted it will have to get a lot, lot worse before it can get better

Had you down as one of the level-headed ones. Pity
  • Going down to League 1 would probably not mean a quick re-fit and coming back to the Championship with one year looking as good as new. A drop to League 1 might mean a long stay there (or worse). I'd rather that we won on Saturday just to keep us a bit closer to safety. It's not going to be a good year this year whatever happens (excluding the extraordinary), so let's hope we can get to May maintaining our Championship status so that next year might be better.

I can't bear the thought of being in League One with RD still in charge. It's bad enough that he still massively underestimates the Championship. Imagine the quality of players and managers he would throw at us if we were in a division below.
  • cabbles said:

Sorry to say this but I want us to go on an absolutely shocking run now. I want RD and KM to preside over our worst ever season so that they cannot behind the facts. Yes it goes against what some people might deem being a 'proper supporter', but I have fully accepted it will have to get a lot, lot worse before it can get better

Cabbles .. usually you come across as a sensible young man .. BUT .. this opinion is utter and complete tosh .. we're already in danger of dropping into the mire .. if our fortunes and potential get any worse, no manager, investor or floating supporter/spectator will come anywhere near us .. we need to go on a winning run to show that despite a few big leaks, HMS CAFC is not a total, washed up shipwreck
  • I seriously do not want another season in League 1
  • cabbles said:

Cabbles .. usually you come across as a sensible young man .. BUT .. this opinion is utter and complete tosh .. we're already in danger of dropping into the mire .. if our fortunes and potential get any worse, no manager, investor or floating supporter/spectator will come anywhere near us .. we need to go on a winning run to show that despite a few big leaks, HMS CAFC is not a total, washed up shipwreck
    Actually, the worse it gets the more likely we are to find a buyer who would have to pay little for the club and could invest more in the playing side as a result.
    I think it has sunk in to most of us now that RD's strategy is shot and that relegation is the most likely consequence. Only a change of owner can turn this around, relegation is probably the price we will have to pay to secure the longer term future.
  • edited October 2015

cabbles said:

To be fair to Cabbles, a few big losses and Fraeye will be gone fast and there will be plenty of time for a PROPER manager to turn things around. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get a proper manager if Fraeye goes.
  • Un-F'ing-Believable