Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Nailed it
  • This is the text of the article by the way, not my writing
  • Absoslutely spot-on. There seems to be a momentum about all this in the media. Good.
  • Excellent
  • He doesn't mention who is leading the queue to buy RD out
  • Joe hall is a poster on here I think.
  • That pretty much nails it for me applying this "theory" is destroying the club and in the process alienating fans who may never come back. We are saddled with an owner who has no idea how a Football club functions properly and a chief executive who is not only as clueless but doesn't even have any power to change things.
  • Sponsored links:

• @ValleyTalkBlog when did you start writing for CityAM ?

I say old chap, we'll have to meet in Simpsons and have a jolly good lunch discussing the FTSE :-)
  • edited October 2015
    that is a very good article ... sharing it further on LinkedIn and Twitter
  • Very, very good.

I hope Pinocchio sees it.
  • Meire is an amiable personality but her most noticeable impact has been seen in woefully misjudged attempts to engage the fans through gimmicky initiatives such as England’s first ever fans’ pitch side sofa and an ill-fated attempt to create a “Sea of Red” in the Valley stands by asking fans to hold up a red page from the club programme in unison. The result more closely resembled an accident at a ketchup factory........... such gimmicks may work for successful Premier League clubs with a settled, established fanbase looking to add the more transient international supporter to their ranks. But Charlton are a struggling inner-city team in the Championship. Half-time dancers (another new addition) are unlikely to convince the tourist crowd a team of European journeymen is their best option for a Saturday afternoon in London and instead only further the sense of dissociation felt by the hardcore support who keep clubs of this size afloat.

If people from outside the 'CAFC family' are commenting like the above, you do wonder how much longer KM will be in her current position?
    For me this is a painful and dreadful time period in our history, at least 'we' had our dignity in the bruising past, I say we because that is what for me is at the heart of all of this failure.
    The hand of working together as fans and as a business is one that has been shunned and willfully rejected. What you have is failure on both the pitch, a clear business plan, and disengagement with the fan's. I step down from the board of the Supporters trust tonight, so KM will not have to deal with awkward fan's like myself. Awkward in the sense that I want the club and business to succeed, I think we all know where the buck stop's.

• If people from outside the 'CAFC family' are commenting like the above, you do wonder how much longer KM will be in her current position?

He is from the CAFC Family though so it will be dismissed as more moaning from fans.
  • Very, very good.

I hope Pinocchio sees it.

Yup, that's why its worth getting it out on social media ...KM is on LinkedIn so hopefully she will see it there.
  • Painful reading because it is all so so accurate.

Could have quoted any one of many excellent points but I'll stick with "The idea may be a winner. The execution has been a total failure"

For how to successfully execute a similar plan please see Watford!

Foreign owner with a network of clubs who has used the resources available to blend a good team and achieve promotion to the premier league within a few seasons.
  • Good article. KM will be starting realise this is looking like a blot on her CV. She needs to take her CEO responsibilities seriously or ship out to a junior lawyer role
  • Sponsored links:

• kafka said:

Good article. KM will be starting realise this is looking like a blot on her CV. She needs to take her CEO responsibilities seriously or ship out to a junior lawyer role

yes, if nothing else the publicity may urge her to do something ... she certainly won't want to harm her CV ... the more this is shared on social media, the more attention it will get
  • Spot on.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Spot on.

Ditto.
  • A really good summary which draws together all the loose ends previously expressed by fans within many forums and unspoken by disillusioned others across the CAFC family. I have to admit to a feeling of despair after reading it though.

It makes me recall that photo of Sam Bartram, leaning forward with his hands on his knees, peering through the thick fog at Stamford Bridge. I can see as far as him when I ask myself, where do we go from here?
  • Painful reading because it is all so so accurate.

Could have quoted any one of many excellent points but I'll stick with "The idea may be a winner. The execution has been a total failure"

Yep. Jeez it's depressing.........
  • Good read, but sadly depressingly true......and I think even if KM does see this and the piece is the SLP, she will be to afraid to feed it back to RD.

• If people from outside the 'CAFC family' are commenting like the above, you do wonder how much longer KM will be in her current position?

He is from the CAFC Family though so it will be dismissed as more moaning from fans.

...it already is...
    PL54 said:

He doesn't mention who is leading the queue to buy RD out

• Anyone can moan - what is his proposed solution - sell to who ?
  • Bit cheeky but tweeted the link direct to the official CAFC twitter handle. Not because I don't think they aren't aware of it, but because I want to keep the momentum up