Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Apprentice, 2015 (no spoilers please)

Comments

• Gillis said:

Another week where someone inexplicably escapes firing, all about the business plans I guess and giving the good (sic) ones the bets chance of muddling through. She might have been unbearably northern, but at least she was bloody trying. Take that sale-that-wasn't-really-her-sale away from her and you've just got someone who didn't sell, didn't try to sell and sulked all day - how can you justify not firing here on that basis?

At this stage, I think they keep in the ones that cause friction, simply for the entertainment value.
    that's exactly it
  • The whole 'business plan' aspect has ruined what used to be quite a good program.

How many times do we now hear "sales/negotiating/pitching is out of my comfort zone" - even though almost every task requires it. Followed by their defense in the boardroom that their 'business plan' is brilliant, and then getting away with it while some poor sod who sold the most, but lost one sale that was highlighted by editing gets fired.

Also the contestants who shine throughout the whole series, just to be dumped at the interview stage because their business plan is nothing more than a 4 page powerpoint presentation which they obviously cobbled together as part of their audition.

I appreciate they might not be able to offer £100k jobs each year, but giving a cash prize to the winner would be far more interesting to watch.
  • Meanwhile, at the Dulwich Hamlet fans' forum meeting, the equivalent of KM stands up and says:

"Let me show you a PowerPoint presentation that demonstrates that we have invested almost four hundred quid in getting rid of chewing gum..."
  • Are they usually this stupid?

Sadly, yes
  • How we doing on my spoilers @Bedsaddick ?
  • I think tonight's episode was the highest profit of the show this year. £83 per person per day. Corresponds to annual salary of just under £22000.

'The best business professionals in the country'

If there'd been a side-team of ordinary people in every task who just worked normal jobs cleaning toilets or collecting bins or whatever for the whole time the 'professionals' were doing their thing, then, based on profit, the ordinary people would have won every week so far.

A Katrienesque performance from the project manager who got the boot.

• Thought it was a really weak episode last night
  • Thought it was a really weak episode last night

I think you mean sh*te
  • Sponsored links:

• Could have done with being more than just a 2 day task
  • Joseph is nailed on to win
  • The blond haired girl is a babe.
  • The blond haired girl is a babe.

Wouldn't marry her tho, moody as fuck!
  • Big_Bob said:

The blond haired girl is a babe.

Wouldn't marry her tho, moody as fuck!
    Quite, I imagine I'd leave her extremely dissatisfied.
  • Big_Bob said:

Joseph is nailed on to win

Certainly based on last night ...but not fully convinced yet
  • But last night was the first time he has really stood out.
  • Morning. Joseph reminds me of Flash Harry (George Cole) from the original St Trinians.
  • Sponsored links:

• Harry and Jo
  • The winning team earned £200 profit each over two days, if you accept that they got a city centre shopping centre location and phone/transport for free.

'The best business people in the country'
  • They're also expected to setup a business in 48 hours, often in a field none of them have any direct experience of and with a bunch of people they met only a few weeks ago and often don't like very much. The description of the extent of their business skills is obviously hyperbole, but it's a TV game show not a documentary on good business practices. I'm surprised that they don't make losses more often, even allowing for the fact they have almost zero overheads.

How the .... did that whinging blonde bint survive another week?
  • I think its the recruitment process for our new ceo
  • IAIA
    edited November 2015

They're also expected to setup a business in 48 hours, often in a field none of them have any direct experience of and with a bunch of people they met only a few weeks ago and often don't like very much.

That reasoning might work OK for tasks where they have to create a new product.

Last night they were opening a discount shop, were given brochures and contacts for suppliers and a prime city centre location. How much "direct experience" do you need? In the time they were performing the task, five random employees in the Poundland across the way would have earned more money (for themselves, ignoring the company's profits)
  • The "one team did and the other didn't" issue tonight just makes me think more and more that the whole thing is fixed. Especially as the team who didn't actually won!
  • Riviera said:

The "one team did and the other didn't" issue tonight just makes me think more and more that the whole thing is fixed. Especially as the team who didn't actually won!

It was ridiculous last night. How Sugar can contemplate employing any of them is beyond me.
  • What an absolute farce. Last night was so uncomfortable to watch, how can they get it so wrong, especially as event planners. Both poor teams.
  • Who is paying £2000 for their kid and 9 friends to have a tug of war in a leisure centre!?
  • Ben18 said:

Who is paying £2000 for their kid and 9 friends to have a tug of war in a leisure centre!?

I'D PAY £2000 FOR A TUG WITH EITHER OF THE BLONDE LASSES - PHWOAR

Joking aside it was possibly the cringiest episode I've seen. They really are all pretty much useless