Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Apprentice, 2015 (no spoilers please)

Comments

• I had to watch through my fingers. When that guy started signing hokey cokey i nearly wept
  • Worst candidates of any of the series I think
  • I like the Apprentice: You're Fired show, more than I enjoy the main event. Romesh is hilarious.
  • Painful last night.
  • edited November 2015
    Well edited for entertainment purposes

Also is Charleine fit? Discuss
  • Ben18 said:

Who is paying £2000 for their kid and 9 friends to have a tug of war in a leisure centre!?

all of us.....
  • Well edited for entertainment purposes

Also is Charleine fit? Discuss

No. Although she had me in fits when she tried to sneak out early.
  • edited November 2015
    May contain nuts? Seriously? How thick are these people?
  • edited December 2015
    These two views are almost identical. #apprenticelogic

Glad she went last night, could easily have been fired in any one of the previous 6 weeks. She was a real piece of work. Her character was better suited to Doctor's receptionist than business leader. Spoke volumes that she wouldn't come on the You're Fired show afterwards. Cowardly bitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• They really are a useless bunch this year
  • The one person out of the lot of them who I rate is Richard, but he is a smug tosser.
  • I like Richard. Convinced he'll be in the final
  • Can't see past Richard or Vana to win it.
  • Wonder what got cut out. I admired the bloke just saying Ive had enough of this, I'm off.
  • I like Richard. Convinced he'll be in the final

I agree.

He still makes me think of 'David Brent' though every time I see him.
  • I like Joseph. He does his uttermost to give the impression he is one of life's legion of suited buffoons by his general appearance and speech but I think he's very bright and pragmatic and whilst the tone of his words doesn't sound very good, he speaks a lot of sense
  • i like joseph, always tries hard but agree he doesn't have a way with words, but has is own business, would be interesting to see where he got his money from to start that.
  • i like joseph, always tries hard but agree he doesn't have a way with words, but has is own business, would be interesting to see where he got his money from to start that.

I'm guessing he sold the rest of his moustache, leaving only that slither currently warming a third of his upper lip.
  • Ben18 said:

Can't see past Richard or Vana to win it.

Yeah, I think it will be Vana. Joseph had a chance but he was poor this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• LouisMend said:

i like joseph, always tries hard but agree he doesn't have a way with words, but has is own business, would be interesting to see where he got his money from to start that.

I'm guessing he sold the rest of his moustache, leaving only that slither currently warming a third of his upper lip.
    Unlike a lot of TV stars he invested his money wisely during his first spell of fame.

• stonemuse said:

Ben18 said:

It will all come down to the business plan. You could be the best of the bunch but if you're idea sucks you have no chance.
  • rikofold said:

stonemuse said:

Ben18 said:

It will all come down to the business plan. You could be the best of the bunch but if you're idea sucks you have no chance.
    Roland would disagree.
  • These two views are almost identical. #apprenticelogic

Glad she went last night, could easily have been fired in any one of the previous 6 weeks. She was a real piece of work. Her character was better suited to Doctor's receptionist than business leader. Spoke volumes that she wouldn't come on the You're Fired show afterwards. Cowardly bitch.

I was under the impression she wasn't welcome having spoken to the press before being booted out, which is a big no-no. Indeed, what she had to say about the show's editing is directly related to your attitude towards her. I am quite sure that many of the entrants come away realising how contrived the whole thing is, but very few break the contract and talk about it.

I've heard the editing of The Apprentice described as clever, but I don't think it is, at least not when you know what to look for. The editors find a statement, find a couple of completely unrelated reaction shots and stitch together in a quick back-and-forth, sometimes with the right bit of music and hey presto, you have yourself a structured sequence that paints a character, where originally, nothing actually happened.

In her case, it was pretty obvious with the hard cuts after she finished speaking that the producers were willing to be pretty harsh on her and create a villain (although I wouldn't go so far as to say she was entirely innocent of that charge, she was perhaps an easy target in the edit).

I'd like to hear her side of events!
  • edited December 2015
    I'm sure some of that goes on, the window issue I joked about as well also looked a bit staged to be honest, but in her case they didn't edit the actual words coming out her mouth and the massive sour look on her face every time she said them. Or the fact that pretty much all the other candidates were quite happy to say they couldn't stand her, so I think in this instance I'm inclined to believe she is not a particularly nice person, even if the show may have exaggerated it. She showed herself not to be above lying or manipulating situations in the show so I wouldn't say I would automatically believe her account that the producers totally shafted her in the edit.
  • Such tomfoolery!
  • edited December 2015
    JiMMy 85 said:

These two views are almost identical. #apprenticelogic

I was under the impression she wasn't welcome having spoken to the press before being booted out, which is a big no-no. Indeed, what she had to say about the show's editing is directly related to your attitude towards her. I am quite sure that many of the entrants come away realising how contrived the whole thing is, but very few break the contract and talk about it.

I've heard the editing of The Apprentice described as clever, but I don't think it is, at least not when you know what to look for. The editors find a statement, find a couple of completely unrelated reaction shots and stitch together in a quick back-and-forth, sometimes with the right bit of music and hey presto, you have yourself a structured sequence that paints a character, where originally, nothing actually happened.

In her case, it was pretty obvious with the hard cuts after she finished speaking that the producers were willing to be pretty harsh on her and create a villain (although I wouldn't go so far as to say she was entirely innocent of that charge, she was perhaps an easy target in the edit).

I'd like to hear her side of events!
    She's given her side on a YouTube video on her Twitter. She basically says that the production company released stories to the press about her, such as she was sexually assaulted which at the time was anonymous and she is currently sueing them so naturally couldn't then appear on you're fired.

She also says that on the birthday task where it was shown they didn't buy her party bags, they actually did but it was edited to make it appear otherwise.

Anyway, all a bit bitchy throughout the series, but personally I quite liked Selina and can't stand that Charlene woman,
  • Just checked on Vana and her business success. Looks like both her businesses gave gone bust this year.
  • I like Charlene. Norven girl done good.

Also quite fit