Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Igor Vetokele

I had pain when I even tried just to walk - I considering quitting" - Charlton Athletic striker on injury fight

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115807&headline=

Comments

• Good interview.
  • Interesting read. No wonder he has looked less than fit with all that going on, hopefully he gets back to his best soon!
  • Him and Watt together were forming a good partnership at the end of last season.
  • Him and Watt together were forming a good partnership at the end of last season.

That showed on Saturday against Blackburn... Igor's best chance came when Watt jumped and flicked the ball on to him.

We also saw the old Igor that match as well, it was him closing down Steele that forced the Goalkeeper into a horrible / rushed clearance.

I wouldnt mind seeing him alongside Makienok
    A shame our owner is desperately trying to flog them both.
  • Sponsored links:

That showed on Saturday against Blackburn... Igor's best chance came when Watt jumped and flicked the ball on to him.

We also saw the old Igor that match as well, it was him closing down Steele that forced the Goalkeeper into a horrible / rushed clearance.

I wouldnt mind seeing him alongside Makienok
    A shame our owner is desperately trying to flog them both.
    Dont be surprised if Vetokele gets a hat trick on Saturday and is then loaned to Bristol City!!
  • He also states that after the first few months teams worked him out. Yes, you'd expect other professional outfits to do their homework and they would have noticed signs of weakness - like a boxing opponent watching past fights or turning up to sparring. So they give him a battering. However, the 'professional' outfit that Charlton are keep playing him even when it becomes clear there's a big issue.
    These are the sort of revelations that reinforce what we've known since SCP left. We are a joke of a club.
  • He does come across well, many would lump all the blame on the injury...
  • Let's hope he's fully fit again now. Agree that him and Makienok is potentially a pairing that can bring the best out of both of them - hopefully starting tomorrow at Rotherham
  • It will be interesting to get the views from Kashi and Bauer when they return from their injuries and how they found them
  • He said "another scan". This means the club did do a scan first. Not everything is wrong. Let's stick to the core issue or it becomes tedious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Roland will have forced him to play through, and Erol probably would have advised against it.. it all stems down to money and sales. Roland doesn't want to pay wages to an injured player..
  • There is clearly an issue with the way our injuries are treated and diagnosed. In the 25 years or so I've been a regular I can never recall so many groin/muscle injuries that drag on for so long.

One of the first things Riga said on returning was the poor fitness of the players. Was this down to training, or was the pre season training regime inadequate?
  • I defended him heavily when he was playing(Clearly injured) and people was saying he isn't good enough.

He played half a season carrying a injury when at most club's they would have not let him kick a ball for months, and we was constantly playing him!

His talent can not be doubted, a injury free and fully fit Igor Vetokele is a asset to ANY championship team.

totally agree with that
  • IMO the one to blame is RD. Playing with one up front, that was his fault because there wasn't anyone else besides Vetokele. BP wanted a second striker (Delort) and got backstabbed by KM. I just read on a forum of St-Truiden (STVV) that what is happening now with Charlton is a exactly what he did before with them.
  • skywalker said:

IMO the one to blame is RD. Playing with one up front, that was his fault because there wasn't anyone else besides Vetokele. BP wanted a second striker (Delort) and got backstabbed by KM. I just read on a forum of St-Truiden (STVV) that what is happening now with Charlton is a exactly what he did before with them.

How did St. Truiden manage to get promoted last season... Did they win a poor league or did Roland finally back them?

Its something thats been puzzling me since last year!!
  • Still believe he had and Mak could work well together.
  • Still believe he had and Mak could work well together.

Do you think that Wagstaff and Green could work well together though?