Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Konchesky

edited February 2016 in General Charlton
Just seen him on Sky Sports News and personally I've never had any hard feelings towards him since he left the club. Now I know it's not the clubs' current recruitment policy but he would have been a good player to have brought in last summer. He is now a vastly experienced left back and I believe he would have been fantastic for the likes of Foxy and THD to learn from. They would have had an experienced playing left back there to get advice from. More that Konch knows the club as he came through the ranks and played in the PL for us abliet the fact it's more than ten years since he left. But obviousl he went QPR.

Comments

• sam3110 said:

No thanks, he looks weird with hair

He had hair when he first played for us. It'd be just like old times.
  • Spent most of his career playing in the Premier League. We would never be able to afford his wages.
  • He was god awful when we played them in August. Then again, I suppose we were good that day ..
  • What does his mum say about it?
  • Just seen him on Sky Sports News and personally I've never had any hard feelings towards him since he left the club. Now I know it's not the clubs' current recruitment policy but he would have been a good player to have brought in last summer. He is now a vastly experienced left back and I believe he would have been fantastic for the likes of Foxy and THD to learn from. They would have had an experienced playing left back there to get advice from. More that Konch knows the club as he came through the ranks and played in the PL for us abliet the fact it's more than ten years since he left. But obviousl he went QPR.

I suggested that very thing on here back in the summer and got slaughtered for it.
  • sam3110 said:

No thanks, he looks weird with hair

With or without, he did have a weird look about him.

I liked Konchesky, though he was never going to dislodge Chris Powell from LB, which is where he really wanted to play, but he always did a decent job on the wing.
  • I saw what I think was his debut (vs Oxford ??).

His sister used to work for me.

Have that !
  • cafctom said:

Spent most of his career playing in the Premier League. We would never be able to afford his wages.

He must now be set up for life now; if it was me, I'd return to me old club and play for peanuts and enjoy a couple of years giving back to the sport that sorted me out for life.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

Just seen him on Sky Sports News and personally I've never had any hard feelings towards him since he left the club. Now I know it's not the clubs' current recruitment policy but he would have been a good player to have brought in last summer. He is now a vastly experienced left back and I believe he would have been fantastic for the likes of Foxy and THD to learn from. They would have had an experienced playing left back there to get advice from. More that Konch knows the club as he came through the ranks and played in the PL for us abliet the fact it's more than ten years since he left. But obviousl he went QPR.

I suggested that very thing on here back in the summer and got slaughtered for it.
    Fair enough.
  • PL54 said:

I saw what I think was his debut (vs Oxford ??).

His sister used to work for me.

Have that !

Pimp
  • he was a terrific player for us, league debut aged 16, was always a toughie and never took a backward step .. he's had a long and (probably) lucrative career .. I'd luv it if he came back to the valley, the whole place would get a huge lift .. BUT .. it aint gonna happen is it ((:<)
  • He doesn't appear to be regarded with the same reverence as many from that era. I'm not sure why. He was perhaps a Championship player punching above his weight, but at his peak he was part of a team that played brilliantly together, and played for the badge. He took a lot of stick at Liverpool which is a real shame, I think we probably saw the best of him.
  • cafctom said:

Spent most of his career playing in the Premier League. We would never be able to afford his wages.

He must now be set up for life now; if it was me, I'd return to me old club and play for peanuts and enjoy a couple of years giving back to the sport that sorted me out for life.
    Maybe he would be open to that. But then again, those at our club who call the shots absolutely wouldn't.
  • cafctom said:

he has the money from his pie and mash shop to keep him going
  • Also thought he played poorly for QPR.
    C'mon Archie Edwards...
  • Always felt he was more effective as a left midfielder for Charlton rather than left back.

I was surprised he didn't make a career at lm.
  • Joins Gillingham on a one year deal
  • shirty5 said:

Joins Gillingham on a one year deal

30 odd games for QPR last season, decent signing for the Gills
  • Sponsored links:

• Fantastic signing for them.
  • I'd have had him back. Solid pro, experienced head. He'd have been good for Fox and THD.
  • He could do absolutely everything. Except defend.
  • Konchesky at Left Back and Holmes Dennis at LM would have worked.

Fox could have still been Left Back in the changing room.
  • Brilliant move. Thought o saw him towing a caravan down the A20 earlier.
  • Brilliant signing for Gillingham
  • I'd have had him back. Solid pro, experienced head. He'd have been good for Fox and THD.

And it's scary to remember when Knch was the youngter learning off the like of Mark Bowen and Chris Powell.
  • We have terrible scouts.

If gillingham can afford him surely we could.

The bloke must have pain in the ass wages though.

Ex Liverpool is still ex Liverpool....and obviously QPR.
  • Dave2l said:

We have terrible scouts.

If gillingham can afford him surely we could.

The bloke must have pain in the ass wages though.

Ex Liverpool is still ex Liverpool....and obviously QPR.

Never mind the Scousers what about his time at reigning champions Leicester :wink:
  • cafctom said:

Konchesky at Left Back and Holmes Dennis at LM would have worked.

Fox could have still been Left Back in the changing room.

Not a Fox fan but I wouldn't replace him with Konchesky . He was really good on debut (anyone else recall that really hot day against Oxford?) and had some useful games in midfield . Pretty average left back