Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Long Distance Relationships

124»

Comments

• edited July 2016
    I went to Uni single - and a couple of girlfriends I had there also had someone where they came from. About half the student group I was in had a long term relationship going on with someone elsewhere, a couple kept theirs going, the majority didn't. Which all goes to show nothing. If your relationship is okay, it may last, no one can tell. It's tough, and you may weary of it, and I will add most people come out of Uni changed by the experience. But really it's just something where you have to see where it goes.At least it's Birmingham, I was in Newcastle, which is miles away, but I got to see Charlton win there three times, as well as once at Middlesbro.
  • How long have you been together? surely this is a big factor, if you have spent enough time together anyway it will work if its meant to be....

My GF i met was from Bournemouth and initially started, as she was coming up every weekend and i kind of lost my social life unless it was with her (worth it) now she has moved up after 6 weeks. So obviously opposite to your situation, but obviously this just shows you if its worth it you will either want to see her weekly still or even fortnightly and whatever will be will be.

Good luck with it , im sure it will be fine. if not it wasnt meant to be
  • A year on the first of August.

Thanks mate.

I imagine we will both make the trip once a month so will see eachother fortnightly.
  • A year on the first of August.

Thanks mate.

I imagine we will both make the trip once a month so will see eachother fortnightly.

Will be fine then, you will know anyway if things feel the same.
  • It can work if the couple are compatible. My Mrs and I spent much of our early relationship many thousands of miles apart. Me travelling between UK and Australia and her jetting all over the world for work. During the first 36 days of married life we spent 32 of those days apart, she then had a couple of weeks at home and went off to Japan for two weeks. It was like this for the first 4 years I knew her, but we made it work. Good luck.