Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scunthorpe FA Cup - advance sales.

edited October 2016 in General Charlton
Just been told that advance sales in the North Lower currently stand at less than 160!

Could the regime be about to set another unwanted record? Lowest FA Cup attendance ever?

Comments

• More away fans than home fans?
  • edited October 2016
    CAFC Luke said:

More away fans than home fans?

Unlikely. Their advance sales total 7 :-)
  • no Valley Express coaches either I'm told
  • Surprised they are even opening the north lower to be honest. I'd guess an attendance of around 4-5,000 for this one - plus the attendance figures won't be inflated by non-attending season ticket holders.
  • edited October 2016
    good opportunity to make it a free bar for Charlton fans...
  • Just been told that advance sales in the North Lower currently stand at less than 160!

Could the regime be about to set another unwanted record? Lowest FA Cup attendance ever?

at least they can't manipulate this attendance by issuing comps etc, what you see is what you get
  • good opportunity to make it a free bar for Charlton fans...

• Sponsored links:

• Didn't even know that the draw had been made :neutral: Used to love FA cup day
  • se9addick said:

Surprised they are even opening the north lower to be honest. I'd guess an attendance of around 4-5,000 for this one - plus the attendance figures won't be inflated by non-attending season ticket holders.

I think this is even generous. Back in 2005 we played a couple of games at home in round 3 when we were a prem team, and only had about 6,000 at these games. to have nearly the same support again 12 years on, I think would be a surprise.

Although at least that was at a time you could trust the attendance figure
  • se9addick said:

Surprised they are even opening the north lower to be honest. I'd guess an attendance of around 4-5,000 for this one - plus the attendance figures won't be inflated by non-attending season ticket holders.

More like 400/500
    Realy cant see anybody wanting to go to this atm
  • Didn't even know that the draw had been made :neutral: Used to love FA cup day

Yeah, the third round.
    Even that has a poor turnout nowadays unless you are a lower league team up against a premiership side.

We won't get to the third round (I hope I'm wrong).
  • edited October 2016
    Will not give the club another penny, so won't be going to this, besides got much more exciting things to do like cleaning the car.
  • The 1st round of the Cup is too depressing to attract much of a crowd. The attendances even back in the Parky/Powell days were poor
  • Will not give the club another penny, so won't be going to this, besides got much more exciting things to do like cleaning the car.

The money you save by not going can't you take the car to the car wash
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't touch this with a barge pole after last saturday. Disgusting regime. But 160 sold. How many mates does that Perks woman have?
  • edited October 2016
    Advance sales are not a great indicator at this stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if the home turnout is under 4,000.
  • clb74 said:

Will not give the club another penny, so won't be going to this, besides got much more exciting things to do like cleaning the car.

The money you save by not going can't you take the car to the car wash
    Yep was planning that anyway.

• Advance sales are not a great indicator at this stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if the home turnout is under 4,000.

Wouldn't anticipate an away turnout of more than 200 either so the makings of another cracking atmosphere in the cup...
  • After Saturdays attack against some of CL members I will be going shopping instead. Hope I have not set a dangerous precedent with the wife though.
  • They have sold more than i thought already.
  • the magic of the cup
  • Advance sales are not a great indicator at this stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if the home turnout is under 4,000.

Bow to your knowledge on these things but 160 5 days before the game is ridiculously low surely.
  • I'm not going on Saturday but assume that the ticket price will increase from £10 to £13 on the day. If so, a 30% hike is hardly going to encourage waverers.

Bow to your knowledge on these things but 160 5 days before the game is ridiculously low surely.
    There's a heavy bias towards the lower west, to the extent they've had to open the upper west before when the east has been closed, because many people won't sit in the lower north.

Not saying it's great at all, but with print at home there's no reason to buy lower north early.