Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jay Dasilva rejoins on season long loan

Comments

• Options

And another thing. I don't think it's a bad thing at all that a club like Charlton starts to build a good relationship with a club like Chelsea where they loan out so many good players every season. Truth is clubs outside the PL need to use the loan system and being a good place for Chelsea to send its young talent could over a period work out very well.

Nice idea, for sure, but are you really crediting the regime with one atom of the necessary nouse to actually think like that?
    I'm wondering how well off for young talent Chelsea must be, if JD ends up at roly's piss poor pantomime? Either that or JD has really upset the powers that be at Chelsea.
    Welcome Jay, here's hoping you have a sparkling season in a team with at least a coupla other players of your standard.
  • Options

And another thing. I don't think it's a bad thing at all that a club like Charlton starts to build a good relationship with a club like Chelsea where they loan out so many good players every season. Truth is clubs outside the PL need to use the loan system and being a good place for Chelsea to send its young talent could over a period work out very well.

Nice idea, for sure, but are you really crediting the regime with one atom of the necessary nouse to actually think like that?
    I'm wondering how well off for young talent Chelsea must be, if JD ends up at roly's piss poor pantomime? Either that or JD has really upset the powers that be at Chelsea.
    Welcome Jay, here's hoping you have a sparkling season in a team with at least a coupla other players of your standard.
    Jay is still a teenager and has literally a handful of first team games behind him. He is highly unlikely to get a lot of games any higher than league one at present. Charlton I would suggest are as good a league one club for Jay as any else.

• Options
    Sod me we sign a good young player who has done well on the international stage (at his age group) and yet some still find ways to criticise. Enjoy the moment we have signed a player that I feel will, by x mas, will be being eyed for next season by clubs higher up the pyramid then us. Reeves will sign im convinced of it I think he is trying to negotiate a higher wage and I cant blame him for that.

My tin helmet is now going on :wink:
  • Options

Good news.

Rated him since his Millwall debut and said at the time I couldn't see why there was so much negativity about him or why he wasn't selected again for months only to play well when he did.
    Maybe they were hoping he'd grow a bit.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Bear in mind that Chelsea's longest serving player has never actually played a game for the club! They like to keep them in contract and loan them out.

@Rizzo who is that? I'm guessing it's someone nobody's ever heard off.
  • Options

good bit of business that, roland or co if your looking in your still massive helmets

What are they seeking, in their massive helmets?
    He means "you're" still helmets of course.
  • Options
    I haven't seen any quotes/ pictures yet from Robinson since the signing of Dalsilva welcoming him back to the club as is normally the case
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    best signing of the season (holmes excepted)

absolute quality little baller. good attitude, great technique.

was really hoping we got Jay back for the season. we now have the best wing back and the best winger in the division.

sign a couple to give us some depth and there is no reason this team cannot walk the league - as long as karlo steps his management game up.
  • Options
    In my mind we still need a keeper, a striker and/or number 10 (doubt we will get both) and Stewart on a 1 yr deal to have a close to complete squad.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Good signing. After looking a bit out of his depth first couple of times (quite understandable) looked good when he got regular playing time. Expect him to really develop this season. Still makes me frustrated that we are so happy about getting a Chelsea loanee for a season. Football really is unique at the moment.

A lot of us are pleased we got him back because when he finally played a run of games (the last 6 or 7 of the season) he looked top notch & we wondered why he had spent the previous 3 months siting on the bench when KR played JJ, Page (when fit), Chicksen & Uncle Tom Cobley. The only better player in those last half a dozen games was Ulverstead, who played a blinder at centre half (which wasn't his natural position)

If you don't go, you'll never know
  • Options

In my mind we still need a keeper, a striker and/or number 10 (doubt we will get both) and Stewart on a 1 yr deal to have a close to complete squad.

So you think we should get these - and more, to get to a full squad. I think your expectations are unrealistically high and you are going to be disappointed.

I would be very surprised if we got 4 more in. I think a GK and one other (Reeves or similar) would give us what most 1st division clubs would consider to be a full squad.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

So you think we should get these - and more, to get to a full squad. I think your expectations are unrealistically high and you are going to be disappointed.

I would be very surprised if we got 4 more in. I think a GK and one other (Reeves or similar) would give us what most 1st division clubs would consider to be a full squad.
    That would give us the 2 in every position that Karl has said he wants without too much reliance on young players although we will still be a little short in some areas.

Also I didn't say I expected 4. I said keeper steward and one of a striker or 10. That makes 3.
  • Options

good bit of business that, roland or co if your looking in your still massive helmets

Whoosh.

Sarcasm and literacy are equally underappreciated, ho hum, for the avoidance of ambiguity, I'll try again.

"...good bit of business that, Roland or Co. If you're looking in, you're still massive helmets"
  • Options
    I heard he has grown in the close season with the under 19s - he's six, one now!
  • Options

Nug said:

Good signing. After looking a bit out of his depth first couple of times (quite understandable) looked good when he got regular playing time. Expect him to really develop this season. Still makes me frustrated that we are so happy about getting a Chelsea loanee for a season. Football really is unique at the moment.

A lot of us are pleased we got him back because when he finally played a run of games (the last 6 or 7 of the season) he looked top notch & we wondered why he had spent the previous 3 months siting on the bench when KR played JJ, Page (when fit), Chicksen & Uncle Tom Cobley. The only better player in those last half a dozen games was Ulverstead, who played a blinder at centre half (which wasn't his natural position)

If you don't go, you'll never know
    Not quite sure why you quoted me as I said looked very good when he got regular playing time. Don't think it was wrong that he had to bide his time. You're correct though I won't know if he's any good this year, not at home anyway.
  • Options
    All seem to be rolling out that Promotion line...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    From what I've seen Barnes is better back up than Page, despite playing on his wrong side. Good deputy for Solly also.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Quite interesting that a lot of the issues are surrounding his height but he's only just shorter (5.7ft) than Chris Solly (5.8ft) and Chris Perry (5.9ft).

He's also the same height as Jordi Alba.

I had in my head he was about 5 ft 4, can't remember where I saw that. We won League 1 with Solly and Wiggins who are both 5 ft 8.

On set pieces we need enough players that are at least decent in the air elsewhere in the team and in open play if we can stop too many crosses getting over in the first place his height won't be an issue.

I'd much rather see a full back that adds a threat going forward than a slower but taller, solid player that is more like a centre back out wide.
    That's because when we originally signed him the announcement said he was 5'4''. I've never seen that mentioned since. Transfermarkt have him at 5'7'', FIFA has the same.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

Quite interesting that a lot of the issues are surrounding his height but he's only just shorter (5.7ft) than Chris Solly (5.8ft) and Chris Perry (5.9ft).

He's also the same height as Jordi Alba.

I had in my head he was about 5 ft 4, can't remember where I saw that. We won League 1 with Solly and Wiggins who are both 5 ft 8.

On set pieces we need enough players that are at least decent in the air elsewhere in the team and in open play if we can stop too many crosses getting over in the first place his height won't be an issue.

I'd much rather see a full back that adds a threat going forward than a slower but taller, solid player that is more like a centre back out wide.
    That's because when we originally signed him the announcement said he was 5'4''. I've never seen that mentioned since. Transfermarkt have him at 5'7'', FIFA has the same.
    I think the 5'4/5" is about right. Doesn't look near 5'7" to me.

Pleased to have him back. Rated him from day one.
  • Options

Whoosh.

Sarcasm and literacy are equally underappreciated, ho hum, for the avoidance of ambiguity, I'll try again.

"...good bit of business that, Roland or Co. If you're looking in, you're still massive helmets"
    I got the meaning of your post right away Stig.......but I thought I had better clarify it for palarsehaters benefit as he might not have got the message.
    Can you unwhoosh me old thing!
  • Options
    The other positive thing with Dasilva is that he has experience of playing in midfield as well for Chelsea. So if Page did come back and Robinson wanted to play him, Dasilva could maybe cover centre midfield (which I've heard he is very good at) or out wide.

Either way, excellent signing and looking forward to seeing him play for us again.
  • Options
    Shall we start a sweep?

How soon will he be injured and out for the season?

I'm saying after 5 games.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Fantastic news. No exact figures involved, but my source tells me the following as general principles of the deal:

I can confirm that we'll be seeing plenty of him, even if he turns out to have a poor run. I'm not sure on the exact number of matches/percentage figure but I think he has to start at least 75% (there's room for error here) of games where he's available, otherwise we pay Chelsea a fair amount of money.

There is a recall/early termination clause, but again, if we invoke it we have to pay a fee, and if Chelsea do, then they pay/refund us an amount. But it's really unlikely he'd be recalled - Chelsea don't need him.

I'm also fairly certain we've got a good deal - or at least, a better deal - in terms of initial fees/wages, compared to how it works with a lot of other Chelsea loans. But defo don't hold me to that.

And yes, he genuinely did want to come back. We're still seen as a big club, in certain circles - after all, people like Jay when first getting into football would have seen us as a stable Premiership side.

This has cheered up my morning!

He would have been like eight when we were in the Premier League. Wonder if he's grown since then....

Glad he's back, clearly very highly rated in the England set up and at Chelsea where he signed an extension before joining us.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

That would give us the 2 in every position that Karl has said he wants without too much reliance on young players although we will still be a little short in some areas.

Also I didn't say I expected 4. I said keeper steward and one of a striker or 10. That makes 3.
    I do apologise. I took it that as you said that those 3 would bring us "close to a full squad" it implied the 3 you mention would not be enough for a full squad.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

I do apologise. I took it that as you said that those 3 would bring us "close to a full squad" it implied the 3 you mention would not be enough for a full squad.
    Well fans always want more. I still feel even with those 3 we could do with q bit more depth in areas...