Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA 18 (The computer game)

This comes out next week, but ratings were released today with the Ultimate Team web app.

Charlton Ratings:

GK
Amos 68
Phillips 59

RB
Solly 69
Edwards 55

CB
Pearce 70
Bauer 69
Sarr 66
Lennon 62
Konsa 62
Yao 53

LB
Page 63
Dasilva 60

CDM
Kashi 71
Dijksteel 58

CM
Jackson 68
Forster-Caskey 66
Aribo 62

RM
Marshall 66
Kennedy 54

LM
Holmes 69
Fosu 63

CAM
Reeves 63

ST
Magennis 66
Clarke 66
Dodoo 66
Ahearne-Grant 57

Researched as well as ever, with Archie Edwards popping up as a right back!

Comments

• Whenever he's made sort of random appearances Archie Edwards has always been listed as a right back.

Hope they add Reeco, Barnes, and Lapslie. The more youth players, the better but Edwards, Yao, and Kennedy are nowhere near the first team.
  • Can you still edit players ratings? I haven’t played this game for a few years so have no idea now. If you can then it die s matter what their ratings are for me because I’ll adjust them, appropriately, and just play management seasons.
  • Standard, we are league 1 after all so dont really expect too much. nice to see a few youngsters in there. Amazon sold out so might have to be a geek and go buy it at midnight :)
  • Standard, we are league 1 after all so dont really expect too much. nice to see a few youngsters in there. Amazon sold out so might have to be a geek and go buy it at midnight :)

If you download one of the 'special' editions you get in on the 26th

If you download one of the 'special' editions you get in on the 26th
    I have a problem with the internet at the mo, download wouldn't be possible im afraid. I am at work hence i can post on here but at home internet not working :(
  • edited September 2017

Can you still edit players ratings? I haven’t played this game for a few years so have no idea now. If you can then it die s matter what their ratings are for me because I’ll adjust them, appropriately, and just play management seasons.

No I don't think so. FIFA allows very little editing.

As an old-school Konami fan, I decided to go back to PES this year. I downloaded it last week and played it for about 15 minutes before thinking...

I knew they didn't have much by way of licensing, but I was shocked to see they still use names like West London Whites - and on the XBox, you can't edit any of them (you can download option files for the PS4 I am told). If the gameplay was better than FIFA I would have stuck to it, but they're about 5 years behind.

I asked Microsoft for a refund but they are not doing that (yet). Fortunately they offered to do it anyway.

I played the FIFA18 demo yesterday and found it to be fucking brilliant gameplay. Can't wait for it to come out now!
  • Can you still edit players ratings? I haven’t played this game for a few years so have no idea now. If you can then it die s matter what their ratings are for me because I’ll adjust them, appropriately, and just play management seasons.

You definitely can. Kashi might be an 80 in mine....
  • SDAddick said:

Can you still edit players ratings? I haven’t played this game for a few years so have no idea now. If you can then it die s matter what their ratings are for me because I’ll adjust them, appropriately, and just play management seasons.

Where do you do this?! I have never seen it. To be fair I have never looked.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Isn't that cheating, you might aswell sign Messi for Charlton too whilst your at it SD ;) lol i never edit players/ teams - mates do if update not done and someone signs for his team
  • Those ratings are pretty accurate I would say.
  • Ratings look exactly the same as Fifa 17, bar perhaps Konsa who I think was a 60. How Jackson is a 68 I will never know. And Da Silva 60 Page 63?
  • edited September 2017
    Konsa the same as Lennon and Jackson being above 59 are the most shocking ratings in my opinion. :wink:
  • Some of those ratings are a bit of a joke, but that’s EA and their researchers.

How can Fosu and Page be rated the same as Reeves and better than Dasilva?
    How can Dodoo be rated the same as Magennis, Marshall and Forster-Caskey?

I’ll see how it is when I get the game, see if there are any updates to the ratings and players added to the squad, and make them more realistic in my game as well as swapping Edwards to a left back.
  • SDAddick said:

Isn't that cheating, you might aswell sign Messi for Charlton too whilst your at it SD ;) lol i never edit players/ teams - mates do if update not done and someone signs for his team
    How can I do that? Um, because he's fucking brilliant, that's how I can do that.

@JiMMy 85 Go to "Edit Player" and you can edit their attributes.

Usually I just tweak things to better reflect players' abilities as I see them. I've actually made Jacko worse, made Reeves better, made Konsa better (mostly on the ball), DaSilva better, and I made Ricky good at free kicks which he wasn't last year.

Then I might have gotten a bit carried away with Kashi who is also fully two-footed now (though in my defense he is a very two-footed player).
  • Sage said:

Some of those ratings are a bit of a joke, but that’s EA and their researchers.

How can Fosu and Page be rated the same as Reeves and better than Dasilva?
    How can Dodoo be rated the same as Magennis, Marshall and Forster-Caskey?

I’ll see how it is when I get the game, see if there are any updates to the ratings and players added to the squad, and make them more realistic in my game as well as swapping Edwards to a left back.

This is basically what I do too. I'll make Edwards a left-back as well.
  • EA is a shit company. Unfortunately they've got their market cornered and what a massive market it is, they'll just keep churning out the same shite every year.

Having said that... I will be buying it.

Their annual meeting agenda:
    - 'How do we squeeze some more money from Ultimate Team'
    - 'Dave, change a couple of the animations so it looks different'

Buuut, as PES doesn't cut the mustard... I'm in.
  • How's Magennis who's a regular international striker got the same rating as Dodoo who's played about 25 league games in his whole career?

Mendy's rating of 78 is stupidly low too.
  • Sponsored links:

• EA is a shit company. Unfortunately they've got their market cornered and what a massive market it is, they'll just keep churning out the same shite every year.

There are so many tiny things they could do in Career Mode that would convince me they care. Some small details that would be really welcome. Like, when you play in a cup final and the home/away allocation is the same as a league match. Or when you win the league and nobody notices.

Every single football club in the world prefers to play towards a certain set of fans in the second half too. This really bothered me when I was at Liverpool and they never played into the Kop in the second half. It's almost as if EA's staff haven't actually been to a game.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

EA is a shit company. Unfortunately they've got their market cornered and what a massive market it is, they'll just keep churning out the same shite every year.

There are so many tiny things they could do in Career Mode that would convince me they care. Some small details that would be really welcome. Like, when you play in a cup final and the home/away allocation is the same as a league match. Or when you win the league and nobody notices.

Every single football club in the world prefers to play towards a certain set of fans in the second half too. This really bothered me when I was at Liverpool and they never played into the Kop in the second half. It's almost as if EA's staff haven't actually been to a game.
    Or they don't like Liverpool. ;-)
  • JiMMy 85 said:

EA is a shit company. Unfortunately they've got their market cornered and what a massive market it is, they'll just keep churning out the same shite every year.

Or they don't like Liverpool. ;-)
    If only! It applies to every club - home team always shoots left to right in first half.
  • Just a heads up those who play FUT, web app is up if you want a head start. Also will get daily packs, the app for phone isnt up yet (companion) will be easier when it is tomorrow. I sinned and bought Benteke and packed another palars defender who is on the bench.
  • Just a heads up those who play FUT, web app is up if you want a head start. Also will get daily packs, the app for phone isnt up yet (companion) will be easier when it is tomorrow. I sinned and bought Benteke and packed another palars defender who is on the bench.

How long are daily packs being given out for? I didnt get 17 so gotta wait until release to get onto the web app.

How long are daily packs being given out for? I didnt get 17 so gotta wait until release to get onto the web app.
    They normally do them for a couple of weeks at the start. I got Kante in today's gift!
  • edited September 2017
    JiMMy 85 said:

NOBODY NOTICES!!!!! It's so fucking frustrating. And budgets don't always carry over year-to-year.

Completely agree, just a lot of little changes to career mode would go a long way. I haven't gotten in to the Ultimate Team thing. I don't really understand how it works. Maybe this will be the year that I try...probably not though. More likely to start careers with: Charlton, Borussia Dortmund, Santiago Wanderers (my Chilean team), Manchester City (sell the big players and promote the yoot), Portland Timbers, and Valencia. That should see me grow a decent beard and keep me going until the turn of the year.
  • Mate I have tried that UT thing three years in a row, I never get past the first game. I just have no emotional response to it whatsoever, and anyway, I don't want to get sucked into something that may tempt me to part with more money. £45 a year for FIFA feels like a good deal to me.

Are they all to be separate careers?!

I got into Be A Pro this year, and as much as I enjoyed it, I got to the age of 27 and, despite being the best player in the world, I either had to stay at Spurs or sign for Everton or RB Leipzig. Every fucking transfer window, those were my options.

Also, are you on XB?