Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v AFC Wimbledon post-match views 28/10/17

edited October 2017 in General Charlton
Didn’t sound like much of the beautiful game was on display in the first half, but a good result and 3 more points.

Over to you.

Comments

• Big win today.
  • Whether it's a stonking 5-0 or a ground out 1-0, it's still three points. We knew what the opposition came to do but we found a way to win.

Feeling more and more confident that those couple of results some weeks back were an early blip. And with Shrewsbury and Wigan dropping points, the automatics look within reach again.

Except a 5-0 or even a 2-0 Would have put us above Bradford. But yes. 3pts important.
  • Get in there. Wimbledon are set up to make themselves hard to beat and I feel that's the games that we will find hard to win. Teams that attack us we will counter get in there quality result in my eyes. Looking forward to seeing a second string against in the cup :)
  • Keep Holmes fit and we will go up automatically.
  • Whether it's a stonking 5-0 or a ground out 1-0, it's still three points. We knew what the opposition came to do but we found a way to win.

Feeling more and more confident that those couple of results some weeks back were an early blip. And with Shrewsbury and Wigan dropping points, the automatics look within reach again.

When do we do stonking 5-0?

Just seen that people have been moaning lately that our wins haven't been convincing enough.
  • 3 points, that is all that matters
  • Sponsored links:

Just seen that people have been moaning lately that our wins haven't been convincing enough.
    I make you right 3 points is 3 points no bonus points awarded for style.

It will happen once or twice this season when everything clicks.
  • Watched 2nd half on ifollow, not a handsome one, but great effort by everyone and another screamer from Riiiikkkkkkyyyyy
  • Thought this game was going to be a nervy 1 - 0. Quite a few teams are going to come to The Valley to spoil and nick something. Finding a way to get points from games like today will be the difference come the end of the season. Another three points and another clean sheet.

Ricky Holmes is worth his weight in gold to us.

COYR
  • How many yellows Kashi has..?
  • Watched on iplayer. First half I thought we were flat. Defensively solid but nothing going forward. Second half we were marginally better and won it with a piece of magic from Ricky. I thought Fosu was off today. Marshall looked good when he came on. Magennis worked hard but needs more support up front.

A work in progress though and three more points. COYR!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like Karl has sorted out some defensive frailties. If he can keep that up, we've got the talent in Ricky and Tariqe to nick games. We wouldn't have won games like that last season. One shot on target, one goal, 3 points. Consistent.

Well they haven’t been but a wins a wins a win.
  • edited October 2017
  • edited October 2017

Stig said:

Top of the form table!

Screenshot 2017-10-28 17.22.30

That's encouraging, especially as we haven't played particularly well for the majority of those games
    Perhaps the best attacking performance in that was Oxford away 1-1.

Sorry just realized that includes Fleetwood I believe, so second best attacking performance.
  • edited October 2017
    I've been ill for the past few days so not entirely sure if that match and all of you are a fever dream. But I like writing lengthy football-related things in my dreams anyway so sod it.

Good win. We controlled the game a lot more in the second half, and when you chip away at teams you're going to cause them to make mistakes. Like fouling you inside the box. Twice.

Unfortunately we didn't get either of those but still had a real moment of magic from Ricky.

Earlier this season, especially with Pearce in the side, we struggled against teams that pressed us high up the pitch, which surprised me. Since he's dropped out, and I don't think it's just down to him, fewer teams have done that to us. Wimbledon, sitting deep and defending and then trying to go direct, are the type of team I thought we'd struggle against. Every time we looked like we were building up momentum they'd give us a kick. That's how they play. They weren't afraid to give away free kicks because they're such a massive side.

Today it was that little bit of quality that got us over the line. And after going 1-0 up, I don't think we conceded a chance.

Really hope those Premier League scouts haven't been watching Konsa the last two games. He has been absolutely brilliant.
  • Good 2nd half performance, first was very poor.

Problem seems to be that if we don't score a wonder goal then we won't score at all. Magennis should have done better with his chance at the end.

But a win's a win and that's all that matters. COYR