Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 PDC World Darts Championship

Starts this evening, with it being Phil Taylor's last ever one. Van Gerwen up first tonight as reigning world champion. 4/6 on with most bookies to win it. Anderson, Wright and the Power amongst others trying to stop him.

Enjoy if you are attending as I am this evening and Sunday afternoon.

Comments

• Going on Saturday. Can’t wait!
  • A good article here about the impact Taylor has had on the sport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/42332921
  • I'm there Saturday afternoon, look out for thirteen 70s Disco Gigolos!

.....and I'm back again with my daughter & nephew on 28th.
  • edited December 2017
    Enjoy, wish i had got tickets to go (say this every year)
    I am a Taylor fan, just as he has been so dominant. like in most sports regardless of ego/ personality if they can do the business i will root for them.

MVG so short considering there are tonnes of good players. Love a bit of darts over xmas come on the Power!
  • Big_Bob said:

There's no denying what Taylor has done for darts and his records will never be broken.

However, I am glad this is his last tournament, have never been able to warm to the bloke, espeically more so in recent years, comes across as a right tosser.

Yep I agree with that. His interviews are cringe worthy
  • Optimistic but I've had a score on Kist at 16s to knock MVG out tonight. These first to 3 sets in early rounds can be potential banana skins for the top players- Kist has been out of form for ages but I've seen worse 16/1 shots.
  • I hope Rob Cross has a good tournament, I think he has a big future

Local lad for me, hope he does well. He has been on good form this season and up there with with the best of the rest.

Reckon Taylor might have trouble 1st round, not looked at odds yet but might be worth a few quid as he is playing a talented youngster should be a cracker. Hope he doesn't lose 1st round in his final appearance.
  • Sponsored links:

• everyone who's going enjoy it, anyone know if there are any plans to move it in the future? ally pally is a pig to get to.

big phil to win it would be a nice ending to his career, personally i love barny but hes too inconsistent these days.
  • Going on the 28th December, Evening session. Always a good night

Indeed. I'm amazed at his progress. A couple of my mates play super league for Northfleet. I went to watch 1 of their games last year & Rob was playing for the opposition. Although he was good, he didn't stand out. The 1 thing he does have is a lot of self belief, he's come on leaps & bound since then.

He's made something like £200,000 this year. Fair play to him
  • I'm there next Wednesday - look out for 14 wrestlers in the crowd. I'm personally going as Hulk Hogan.
  • everyone who's going enjoy it, anyone know if there are any plans to move it in the future? ally pally is a pig to get to.

big phil to win it would be a nice ending to his career, personally i love barny but hes too inconsistent these days.

Barry Hearn loves Ally Pally and will move it to the bigger room at full capacity before its even considered to be moved
  • MVG will win the whole thing. Rob Cross I think will make the Semis
  • I'm there next Wednesday - look out for 14 wrestlers in the crowd. I'm personally going as Hulk Hogan.

We're going to the Wednesday evening session.

It's not a great location, but Finsbury Park to Alexandra Palace is only 7 mins.
  • A good article here about the impact Taylor has had on the game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/42332921

Sport?
  • Sponsored links:

It's not a great location, but Finsbury Park to Alexandra Palace is only 7 mins.
    Not attending this year but in previous year we have gone Finsbury Park and then got a bus.
  • shirty5 said:

Quality night as always. Good darts, mad fancy dress, plenty of drinking games on show as well. But not one bit of bother.

Merry Christmas

Any photos of the fancy dress Shirty? i was watching last night, did you make mardles top 3 :)

They say the early games is where you are more likely to beat MVG, not like that.... anyone who beats him will deserve it but cant see it happening, he is in a different league and always has that extra gear.

• shirty5 said:

Quality night as always. Good darts, mad fancy dress, plenty of drinking games on show as well. But not one bit of bother.

Merry Christmas

agreed never see any bother except last year we were in the stands and 4 chaps next to us from rochester - were gillingham fans 1 of them took exception at the bloke on the table writing on his sign " you cant afford a table you peasants" went up reached over the barrier and grabbed him round the neck and then starting opening his wallet going ive got plenty of fucking money and not a peasant - fucker done a casper impression and kept handing them pints over the barrier it was pretty early in the day aswell so he kept them topped up for the rest of the session

Not attending this year but in previous year we have gone Finsbury Park and then got a bus.
    7 mins on the overground train.
  • Have a feeling Taylor might get turned over against Dobey who i quality. He is either gonna get dumped out in the first round or go all the way to the final, hope its the final.
  • Great performance tonight from van der berg. I think the new van gerwin.
  • Enjoyed it a lot. Didn’t have great players but looking forward to getting better ones with a PDC membership next year.

Hope everyone going this year has a great time.
  • Even at this stage, the darts are spot on.
    This is what Christmas is about in my household.
  • Even at this stage, the darts are spot on.
    This is what Christmas is about in my household.

Christmas started Thursday

Has Always started first night of darts in my house

I saw a Hulk Hogan tonight :smile: