Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 PDC World Darts Championship

Comments

• Options
    No different to 20k booing a pen or giving you dogs abuse at a corner etc

If darts wants to be taken seriously as a sport and the players thrive on the atmosphere then they take the good with the bad
  • Options
    Just got in from work to find that Cross has won. Just watched the highlights. Crowd were disgraceful. MVG was starting to bore the pants of me mainly cos he keeps winning so nice to see a change in the final. I think Taylor will win and if he does he may well defend it again next year.

I wont go to the finals as i find some of the singing rather tedious especially stand up if you love the darts and that other song i cant make out where there ranting for 10 seconds with their hands in the air and another 10seconds bent over, repeated for a couple of minutes...anyone know the words to that. Though i do have mates who go and say it is fantastic night out.
  • Options

Just got in from work to find that Cross has won. Just watched the highlights. Crowd were disgraceful. MVG was starting to bore the pants of me mainly cos he keeps winning so nice to see a change in the final. I think Taylor will win and if he does he may well defend it again next year.

I wont go to the finals as i find some of the singing rather tedious especially stand up if you love the darts and that other song i cant make out where there ranting for 10 seconds with their hands in the air and another 10seconds bent over, repeated for a couple of minutes...anyone know the words to that. Though i do have mates who go and say it is fantastic night out.

Do you mean this one
    Yaya yaya yaya yaya yaya yaya yaya yaya Toure
    Kolo kolo kolo kolo kolo kolo kolo kolo Toure

Which for some reason seems to have found its way from football to darts
  • Options

Do you mean this one

.........and is at least 5 years old
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    For the wife to give up watching her Christmas TV, tells you all you need to know about this tournament.
    That was a great semi final.
    Looking forward to football tomorrow, then feet up for the final.
    Even booked Tuesday off work.
    Not due to the darts/beer, but having doubts there will be any trains.
    My god, I have even managed to drag an entertaining thread down a level.

So who is it to be? Cross or Taylor?
    I never thought Cross had a game like last nights in him if I'm honest.
    Exceeded any expectations I had regarding his ability.

Taylor is one of those players who can manage to get into your head.
    He done that against Lewis.

If cross plays like he did last night, he wins.
    If the moment gets the better of him, he loses.
    Simple as that.

Think I will let the first set go before betting on this one.
  • Options

Do you mean this one

.........and is at least 5 years old
    I was explaining to my wife as she couldn't understand why darts supporters were singing a song about two West African footballers.

I last went new years day 2009 and got Mervyn King against someone who I can't recall as well as Taylor v Stompe, without sounding too much like an old man I think the fancy dress and the completely meaningless football songs are a parody of themselves now. I thought the booing of Van Gerwen was out of order. It was a riveting game and fair play to both men who didn't ease up or give anything.

• Options
    The question is, did Cross use up his best game of the tournament last night?

I think he probably did.

Taylor can grind out results even when he's not at his best. I don't think Cross can at this stage of his career.
  • Options
    Agree with you on that mate, that's why I will give it a set before deciding where to waste my money.
  • Options
    Just watched the semi's on youtube, what a finish to Cross Van Gerwen, should be a great final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thoroughly enjoyable game, Cross will take the final.
  • Options
    The crowd isn't against MVG, if cross was 5 - 2 up they'd be booing him.
    They just want to watch more darts.
    MVG has wound the crowd up to rattle opponents on numerous occasions.

It's not personal but I do admit it's changed over past 5 or 6 years.

It's hard, take away the atmosphere and you got the BDO
  • Options
    The players appreciate that the raucous crowd is what allows them to live their lifestyle.

Take away that crowd and you have to take away 70% of their wages.

In the PDC order of merit which is tournament winnings over two year period there are 32 players who have earned over 143k in that period.
    This is before exhibition money and sponsorship etc.
  • Options

Do you mean this one

Possibly......but watch darts regularly so thought it was a fairly recent song.
  • Options
    I'm not saying to get rid of the atmosphere as loads have said it's what makes the occasion. I'm being picky I know, the Kolo/Yaya song just gets on my tits.
  • Options

The only thing spoiling this brilliant semi is having to listen to the prize tit Mardle.

Mardle -carrying more weight, but not brain cells ...... enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGeYrDWOuFw

I've seen that many times, but it still makes me laugh!
  • Options

The only thing spoiling this brilliant semi is having to listen to the prize tit Mardle.

He lives a few streets away from me - often seem him.

• Options
    For those of you who are PDC members. How many tickets does one subscription get you for the world championships? Many thanks.
  • Options

Nothing wrong with a bit of honesty in an interview.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

For those of you who are PDC members. How many tickets does one subscription get you for the world championships? Many thanks.

For the World Championships, I could order 16 tickets in the stands or 6 for the tables. Not sure for other tournaments.
    Annual fee doubled this year from £24.99 to £49.99....luckily we spread it over 13-14 of us.

• Options
    Is the final tonight?
  • Options

Is the final tonight?

Tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Not happening for The Power. Cross off to a flyer.
    3 sets to love up already.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    You're being Taylored Phil. :smiley:
  • Options
    Cross not giving him a chance. Incredible checkouts. 161 to win 1 set followed by 153 the next
  • Options
    Come on Rob, we need this finished before bloody Mardle picks up the mike.
  • Options

Come on Rob, we need this finished before bloody Mardle picks up the mike.

Too late ...
  • Options
    Holy cow, what a match.
  • Options
    Nearly a nine darter.