Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 PDC World Darts Championship

Comments

• Options

Riviera said:

Thank goodness for Barry Hearn, probably the only sport still to have a couple of Dolly Birds for the presentation.

Not sure about the darts, but the brunette that walks Taylor out is phenomenal!
    Yep, the brunette easily won the walk on girls match.
  • Options
    I'm so happy for Rob Cross, Taylor was being a bit of a dick I thought and Cross didn't rise or react to any of it and just threw some massive scores and took some very tough check outs. I think he threw 5 triple 18s in a row to finish before the final double
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Thank goodness for Barry Hearn, probably the only sport still to have a couple of Dolly Birds for the presentation.

Snooker shootout does
    Hmmmm, Barry Hearn? Sorry Paulie I don't watch much snooker and I did say probably.
    Sorry wasnt being rude lol just saying.

Maybe you should give the shootout a watch this year, runs for 3 days in Blackpool, normally on sky.

Its pretty much a darts atmosphere at snooker lots of drunk idiots shouting and singing
  • Options

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Snooker shootout does
    Hmmmm, Barry Hearn? Sorry Paulie I don't watch much snooker and I did say probably.

Maybe you should give the shootout a watch this year, runs for 3 days in Blackpool, normally on sky.

Its pretty much a darts atmosphere at snooker lots of drunk idiots shouting and singing
    You're not selling it to me Paulie, sounds like Snookers version of 20/20. I still haven't got over the change to first to 18 in the World final.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Snooker shootout does

You're not selling it to me Paulie, sounds like Snookers version of 20/20. I still haven't got over the change to first to 18 in the World final.
    TBH the first year I didnt like it
    But its grown on me and is fine for a 1 of tournament, a few of the players like it as they get walk on girls, have a laugh with the crowd.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Snooker shootout does

It's far more of a bastardisation than 20/20 - shot clocks, timed games most of which don't even finish.

Did you prefer best of 147?

• Options
    Riviera said:

Having seen just how much Cross has made in his first year as a pro, I have just ordered for my son a dartboard and darts. That will be my investment and justification for taking 80% of his lifetime earnings. All he has to do now is to practice - and win of course!

On a serious point, and lets for arguments sake accept Darts is a sport, I have always maintained that it is the only sport where if you had the time and money (ie not to have to work) that you can make yourself a professional.
    Why the only? Snooker? :)
  • Options

Riviera said:

Having seen just how much Cross has made in his first year as a pro, I have just ordered for my son a dartboard and darts. That will be my investment and justification for taking 80% of his lifetime earnings. All he has to do now is to practice - and win of course!

On a serious point, and lets for arguments sake accept Darts is a sport, I have always maintained that it is the only sport where if you had the time and money (ie not to have to work) that you can make yourself a professional.
    Why the only? Snooker? :)
    No I think snooker has far more skills to it than darts. Darts is repetitive and basically just about accuracy with your arm. Snooker has far more vagaries. I have scored 180's in darts but I've never made more than an 18 break in snooker. In snooker you need to control the cue ball and think 3 shots ahead. Of course you can learn many of the different shots in snooker but putting them into practice is something else.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

this possibly along with golf, snooker, pool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cross is from Pembury right? - don't suppose he's an Addick?
  • Options
    Sterling not the only pounds he's gained in the past year either!
    Looks like a different man.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Of course golf! How on earth could I forget how easy it is to become a professional golfer! Silly me.
  • Options

It was a shame Taylor lost 7-2 in his final match; I was hoping for 7-0.

Taylor is an arrogant individual, which he's entitled to be given how dominant he's been in the sport for over 25 years, but he's also a classless individual. Some of his antics on stage both during and especially after the game were just wrong, showing no respect to Cross. He is very much a "me, me, me" type of operator and has been for many years which is why I don't like him.

Van Gerwen also has an arrogant streak but (so far) has just about managed to stay on the right side of respectful. Gurney is another arrogant shit but doesn't have the runs on the board to back it up.

Cross was very dignified and humble during the presentation - if that had been me I'd have twatted Taylor over the head with the trophy and told him to Foxtrot Oscar: "I know it's your last match before retirement and all that but I've just given you a damn good thrashing so piss off and let me celebrate properly."

I make you right about Taylor's antics as much as I love winners although I guess when you're as good as Taylor or any dominant champion it's hard to remain humble.

But that said once Taylor had reached the Final he was always going to share the stage with Cross whatever the outcome and I think he earnt the right to do so.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Of course golf! How on earth could I forget how easy it is to become a professional golfer! Silly me.
    not necesarily easy but its another none athletic demanding sport, match fishing also could fall into the same category and shooting.
  • Options
    how was cross so short in odds before the tournament 14/1 and someone like barny was 66/1
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    happy new year gents;

the brunette is Daniella Allfree/daniella harper

• Options

happy new year gents;

Yes that's her.
    I pulled her down the millers a few weeks back
  • Options

happy new year gents;

Yes that's her.
    Are you sure that weren't her cross dressing brother Daniel?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018

happy new year gents;

Yes that's her.
    A - she’s about 50 years to young for you, and B, there is no chance of any female looking like that in The Millers.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Said before on here just don't understand the anti-Taylor stuff. Great champion, a real winner. Can't see anyone dominating a sport, any sport, like he has. I love winners.

Extremely talented darts player, sure, but comes across as an unpleasant characte

how was cross so short in odds before the tournament 14/1 and someone like barny was 66/1

He was in good form.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

He is 3/1 2nd fav to win next year

Taylor is 20/1 5th fav despite retiring

• Options
    Looks happier with the £250 cheque
  • Options

Taylor is an arrogant individual, which he's entitled to be given how dominant he's been in the sport for over 25 years, but he's also a classless individual. Some of his antics on stage both during and especially after the game were just wrong, showing no respect to Cross. He is very much a "me, me, me" type of operator and has been for many years which is why I don't like him.

Van Gerwen also has an arrogant streak but (so far) has just about managed to stay on the right side of respectful. Gurney is another arrogant shit but doesn't have the runs on the board to back it up.

Cross was very dignified and humble during the presentation - if that had been me I'd have twatted Taylor over the head with the trophy and told him to Foxtrot Oscar: "I know it's your last match before retirement and all that but I've just given you a damn good thrashing so piss off and let me celebrate properly."

What’s the betting you also dislike Lewis Hamilton....Andy Murray......Mo Farah etc etc.
  • Options

What’s the betting you also dislike Lewis Hamilton....Andy Murray......Mo Farah etc etc.
    Is there any connection between Taylor and Hamilton, Murray or Farah, other than they're all champions of their respective sporting discipline?

I don't have a problem with an element of arrogance - I'm the best, no-one can beat me unless I have an off day etc - if there's the talent and success to back it up.

What I do have a problem with is Taylor's attitude both on stage and in interviews towards fellow professionals.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Is there any connection between Taylor and Hamilton, Murray or Farah, other than they're all champions of their respective sporting discipline?

I don't have a problem with an element of arrogance - I'm the best, no-one can beat me unless I have an off day etc - if there's the talent and success to back it up.

What I do have a problem with is Taylor's attitude both on stage and in interviews towards fellow professionals.
    And his sex offences?
  • Options

And his sex offences?
    Forgot about that!

Add it to the list of reasons why I'm not a Taylor fan.
  • Options

Just another Brit digging out a successful British world champion.......we are so good at it.
    You are clearly a classic iconoclastic British Sports fan......pure and simple.
    I don’t give a shyte if he is arrogant......that’s what many champions are and it’s often part of what makes them great.
  • Options

Just another Brit digging out a successful British world champion.......we are so good at it.
    You are clearly a classic iconoclastic British Sports fan......pure and simple.
    I don’t give a shyte if he is arrogant......that’s what many champions are and it’s often part of what makes them great.
    Try reading what I've written - I don't have a problem with his "I'm the greatest, you won't beat me" arrogance because he's got the trophies as evidence, it's the rest of his carrying on that I don't like.

Pure and simple ... :wink: