Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Its funny, I had a message yesterday from someone who advised that he was on his way to Sheff Utd, I couldn't find any reference to it anywhere so I kept it to myself.
  • If I was Ricky Holmes I would certainly want to go, and I personally cannot see it not happening. The only hope is that we get a good deal, and the money is reinvested in the squad - which is never going to happen :(.
  • Cant blame him at all
  • Well, we have underachieved (again) so can't really blame him. He was obviously told we were going to be challenging for top 2 and we're currently struggling to finish 6th.
    Typical Charlton - mid table beckons
  • Maybe it might be a blessing in disguise if Ricky goes. If I am trying to spin a positive from this situation at least our football and attacking build up play wont be so obvious.

In a footballing sense there is no positive from Ricky Holmes going.
  • Sponsored links:

• I like Ricky but he has been rancid this season, heart clearly isnt in it. Think he will be found out pretty quickly in the Champ.

Rancid? Really ?
  • Utterly depressing.

Still asking myself how potential buyers view this having done their DD, especially as RD will likely pocket any transfer fee as he did when he was in the process of selling Standard.
    I suppose tsome clauses must be written in to any offers made, regarding January dealings.
  • http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15822181.Robinson_insists____happy____Holmes_wants_to_play_for_Charlton_amid_speculation_regarding_his_future/

Robbos take on it.

Can imagine Ricky will fancy the move but also think he will play to the best he can for Charlton if he doesn't go in this window.. even if it is just to put himself in the shop window for the summer!
  • As said on Saturday, this has been circling since the end of last week.
  • How much do you think they would get for him? after all, he is 30.
  • The ship is sinking.
  • Win win for Holmes. Signs new deal in the summer, gets wage increase. Sees that was promised back then re going up, is going south, so wants to miove on this month. Another wage increase and Championship football.

Bravo Ricky!
  • If we had an ambitious owner we would play hard ball and ask for silly money and reinvest. But we dont, so this will be pocket the cash and the beginning of running us into the ground. Konsa and Aribo next. Manager off. Nobby Vinegar in, back to cheap no marks next season. Unless we are sold - in which case - crap squad and limp towards the summer.
  • cant blame him - personally i don't think hes unreal, shame he came good too late, if he goes hope he does alright, cant blame him from wanting to leave.
  • Sponsored links:

• rananegra said:

Well, we have underachieved (again) so can't really blame him. He was obviously told we were going to be challenging for top 2 and we're currently struggling to finish 6th.
    Typical Charlton - mid table beckons

I dunno, his form has fallen off drastically in the last couple months. He hasn't scored in 10 weeks, since AFCW on 28/10 (correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he has), and he hasn't scored from open play since Walsall in late September (I think, I'm pretty sure, correct either of those if needed).

He's not exactly a passive observer in all of this. Yes injuries around him and the lack of another striker has almost certainly influenced his performances, but they haven't been as good in recent weeks.

That said, I can understand him wanting to go. He's ~30, and this is almost certainly his last big shot at a big pay day and maybe his last chance not only to play in the Championship, but maybe, if things keep going the way they've been going, a genuine shot at the Premier League so late in his career.
  • It doesn't matter to me what the Blades pay for him. If it was the old half penny that went out in the 1980s or a billion pounds we know as fans the club or Robbo wouldn't see a single half penny of it as Roland would pocket the lot for his own use. The fact is we are more than probably gonna lose a key player in this transfer window.
  • Slightly surprised Sheff Utd have come back for him. To me he's lower Championship at best, his crossing, corners and indirect free kicks aren't very good.

thats why i thought he may be preston bound or was a couple of millwall pals that thought he might be going there which i think are better suited.
  • Slightly surprised Sheff Utd have come back for him. To me he's lower Championship at best, his crossing, corners and indirect free kicks aren't very good.

thats why i thought he may be preston bound or was a couple of millwall pals that thought he might be going there which i think are better suited.
    He could really take a running jump if he goes to Smallwall.
  • Can’t blame Holmes for wanting to go. He’s 30 now, so realistically has only 5 seasons left. Even with a takeover we are unlikely to get promoted this season, so with us, the earliest he’d get a chance of playing in the Championship is 2019/20 season. I’m sure the fee will be undisclosed and won’t be used to strengthen our squad, so a bit more wrangling will have to be done by our potential buyers.
    JUST SELL UP YOU OLD SCROTE
  • Sheff U was what I heard most likely last week (if he did go), but Preston manager was there on Tuesday
  • It doesn't matter to me what the Blades pay for him. If it was the old half penny that went out in the 1980s or a billion pounds we know as fans the club or Robbo wouldn't see a single half penny of it as Roland would pocket the lot for his own use. The fact is we are more than probably gonna lose a key player in this transfer window.

Can you please explain how Roland would be able to “pocket the lot for his own use”?