Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour of New Zealand, 2017/18 (with no cricket in 2017)

First ODI starts shortly.

England team is as follows: Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (capt), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Tom Curran, David Willey

Comments

• New Zealand win the toss and will bowl first.
  • ODI v NZ starts at 1am. On Sky (0030) and BBC Radio5 Live Sports Extra (0045).
  • First ODI starts shortly.

England team is as follows: Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (capt), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Tom Curran, David Willey

There you are, fixed that for you, as people tend to say on here...
  • Rob Key looking in decent shape in the studio...
  • Rob Key looking in decent shape in the studio...

Good to see the lad taking up residence in Teddington again.
  • Hey Callum,
    Look I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to cricket. I'm not being pedentic for the sake of being annoying but could you please do me a favour so I can rest easy? Could you please edit the title of your thread to 2017/18? We are in cricketing terms in the season 2017/18. Single year seasons are only during the English season.
    Thanking you in anticipation,

Chirpy.
  • Riviera said:

Hey Callum,
    Look I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to cricket. I'm not being pedentic for the sake of being annoying but could you please do me a favour so I can rest easy? Could you please edit the title of your thread to 2017/18? We are in cricketing terms in the season 2017/18. Single year seasons are only during the English season.

Chirpy.

Ok
  • Riviera said:

Hey Callum,

Chirpy.

Ok
    It's how Wisden record things and Cricinfo do the same. Look at their website and this match comes under the season 2017/8.
  • England 32-1 off 8 overs.

Roy 15*
    Root 13*
  • Different game in the land of the long white cloud.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Hey Callum,

Chirpy.

Ok
    No need for the words in brackets.
  • Riviera said:

First ODI starts shortly.

Out for 8.
  • edited February 2018
    England finish on 285-8.

Buttler 79 (65) and Root 71 (75) top scorers.
  • NZ win by three wickets.
  • The big lad is batting again!
  • ...for 2 more balls after I posted that
  • Astonishingly poor series for England Lions, this. Have had little answer to Cornwall and absolutely no answer to Warrican. The pitches have given some assistance to the spinners but the WI batsman haven't looked even close to this inept against spin, and England's batsmen are supposedly better players. Maybe not?
  • 2nd ODI starts at 1am
  • We won toss and invited the Kiwis to bat.
  • 11-2

Woakes on fire: 2-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Reece Topley gone down the no Red Ball route. A great loss to Test Match cricket.
  • NZ 134-6 off 35 overs
  • edited February 2018
    NZ 223 all out from 49.4 overs

Woakes 2-42, Stokes 2-42, Ali 2-33
    Four run outs (Willey, Bairstow, Stokes x2)
  • edited February 2018
    England 92-3 from 17 overs.

132 required from 33 overs

Morgan 31*
    Stokes 5*

Roy 8, Bairstow 37, Root 9
  • Riviera said:

Reece Topley gone down the no Red Ball route. A great loss to Test Match cricket.

Horrific injury problems. Kept getting stress fractures. If his body ever recovers he said he wants to play test cricket... Time will tell. Unfortunately, like Mills, it's a case if white ball or nothing because their body can't take it.
  • Anyone in NZ for this tour? If so give me a shout
  • England won by 6 wickets with more than 12 overs to spare:

Bairstow 37, Morgan 62, Stokes 63* and Buttler with a cameo of 36* off just 20 balls.

• Should also give a mention to our superb fielding today - not just the four run outs but also the catching was superb.

Ali and Rashid bowled well too and only went for 65 in their 20 overs.
  • I just see that fan one handed catch. 25k prize apparently..
  • Roy back to his best, one good innings, then return to the usual single digit scores. I honestly don’t know why we persist with him?