Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***UPBEATS DAY - TODAY***(Walkers - additional info on Page 4)

Guys and girls, its World Down Syndrome Day today and the perfect opportunity to launch our support for Upbeats 2018

I know its becoming a familiar cycle with Charlton drifting from one negative crisis to another, but one thing that has remained a positive constant throughout this period of turmoil has been the fantastic support given by Charlton fans to the Charlton Upbeats scheme.

Its amazingly 10 years since the Community Trust first launched its pilot of the scheme. They could see the potential and the following year were successful in winning ITV's 'People's Millions' competition that secured the funding required to properly launch the scheme. Long-term posters will remember that our members played a huge part in securing the phone votes required to win the contest.

Since then, we have been delighted to maintain a very close supporting association with the scheme. Through our members we have managed to donate an incredible £44,000 in support of the scheme over the last 8 years.

A reminder that the scheme does not receive any funding, which makes the supporters links and contributions to ensuring the scheme continues to not just exist but thrive so special.

Its now less than a month to the annual walk and celebration from the training ground to The Valley. We always have a fantastic turnout of members on the walk and I'm hoping this year will be no different. Anyone who has participated before will tell you it is something they were proud to have signed up for/

To register for the walk please continue through to the link HERE

Whether you are doing the walk or not, if you wish to assist in making a donation, or circulate amongst friends and family for fundraising, our Justgiving page to support is HERE

Thanks again for all your amazing support

Comments

• Options
    So who's up for the walk this year?
  • Options
    And who will be the very kind lady or gentleman to be the first and help get our fundraising up and running?

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charltonlife-upbeats2018
  • Options
    I is in Boss. ;) +2
  • Options

And who will be the very kind lady or gentleman to be the first and help get our fundraising up and running?

I don’t know the user name of the first person to kick this off, but thank you very much
  • Options
    I've totally screwed up on the date.
    I'm not unfortunately.
  • Options
    I've already registered for the walk.
  • Options
    Just registered
  • Options
    I'll be in
  • Options
    Cant walk this year as I have a wedding to attend to on said date. The groom is one of us and he has played for the supporters team in recent years, and he has decided to get married in footie season. !!.
  • Options
    I’m in. :+1:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cant walk this year as I have a wedding to attend to on said date. The groom is one of us and he has played for the supporters team in recent years, and he has decided to get married in footie season. !!.

i believe its more commonly referred to as a blessing and i don't mean the wedding ceremony
  • Options
    Oh bugger, not sure my 8 year old will be up for 10 miles.
  • Options
    Is there a reasonable midway point you could join up with the walk from if they can't manage the full way? Kidbrooke maybe?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Is there a reasonable midway point you could join up with the walk from if they can't manage the full way? Kidbrooke maybe?

I'll look to get confirmation of the route in the next week @aliwibble . I know it was being walked out last week in preparation.
  • Options
    I’m in with my crew again !
  • Options
    Just registered - see you all there
  • Options
    Dec and I registered already.
  • Options

Dec and I registered already.

Is he taking you because he thinks Ant will be locked up?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I've totally screwed up on the date.
    I'm not unfortunately.

I've unscrewed myself so The Smiffs will be there!
  • Options
    I'm in, looking forward to it. First visit to The Valley this season, won't be at the game unless we have new owners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See you all on the 14th! I have the 27 mile walk 4 weeks later...anyone got a spare knee knocking about :(
  • Options
    Just signed up.
  • Options
    Just booked for me and the 8 year old. After chatting it through with @‘big in brasov’ and @foresthillred worked out we could get round together :smiley:
  • Options
    Oh ffs, just got return flight details from hols and I’ve screwed up. Due to land late Saturday. Am rebooking onto late night easyJet to get back in time.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    BUMP...

Just 18 days now to the big day. Who else can we convince to join the following on a gentle amber through the paved-in-gold-streets of South London in aid of a great cause?

AFKA
    TCE
    Dave Mehmet
    Big in Brasov
    Curb It
    3Blokes
    Alwasneil
    Cabbles
    Suzisasage
    Les Says
    Onlyme
    guinnessaddick
    _nam11
    foresthillred
    Swisdom
    Tavern
    HarryAMuse
    Kimbo

Come on, who else wishes to join the band of merry men and women? Long-term forecast is for sunshine and @DaveMehmet buying a round :-)

• Options
    edited March 2018

Ow, my leg, think I've twisted something.
  • Options
    many thanks to @thai malaysia addick @AshBurton @BDL Charlie Hiller, Rhiz, Richard Workman and Michael Pipe for your generous sponsorship, very much appreciated.

If you do wish to make a contribution to supporting, we'd be delighted in your support:

• Options
    and Tavern AFKA.
  • Options
    We are coming HarryaMuse and Kimbo
  • Options
    trying to work out logistics but hoping to do it.