Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Blackburn 28/04/2018 - POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• That second half was almost unbearable. Rovers all over us but The Valley was rocking.

If we beat Rochdale, is that enough on it's own?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Did we really only have 1 shot?

No we had several not sure why only one logged by BBC & Sky
    Just from memory (and the last couple hours are a blur)
    1) goal
    2) JFC beautiful volley that drew a save
    3) Bauer with a header coming from deep on a long free kick
    4) someone else with a header from a set piece can't remember who
    5) Kashi volleying high and wide
  • ‘Kinel ... not sure my nerves can take much more of this season. Thought we shaded the first half and they shaded the second. Amos has matured into a fine keeper. Kashi covered every blade of grass. Pearce and Bauer let nothing through. Was starting to worry when we started to defend on the edge our box for the last 10mins but we held on. Well done Lee Bowyer. Good tictacs today. Shame JJ didn’t make a cameo but it was the right decision not to bring him on. We need a Scunny win on Tuesday, IMO and then it’s in our own hands #COYA
  • Croydon said:

That second half was almost unbearable. Rovers all over us but The Valley was rocking.

If we beat Rochdale, is that enough on it's own?

Yeah because Scunthorpe and Plymouth play each other next so one or both of them have to drop points.
  • edited April 2018
  • Abandoned the West Stand to stand at the back of the Upper North. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who sat near half way to know how noisy the two sets of supporters were. Sore throat and a headache now, but what a great performance.
    Time goes so much more quickly when you're singing and shouting.
  • Superb defensive performance, they threw themselves at everything. Special mention to Marshall he was outstanding tracking back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Atmosphere was incredible today. Blackburn came out all guns blazing in that second half and instead of groaning and worrying I felt the fans helped the team through that period; well, that and some top, top saves from Amos and defenders throwing themselves in front of everything.
    A draw would not have been an unfair result but we earned our luck, like others have said, through sheer commitment. The first half we stopped them from playing with 2, 3, sometimes 4 players hunting the ball down. Not much creativity on show but I never thought we would outplay Blackburn.

All of them deserve massive credit. Marshall, Amos, JFC, Kashi all absolutely superb. Konsa as well I think deserves high praise. First half he was targeted and I wasn't full convinced he would be able to cope but after that 10 minute blitz in second half I felt he stepped up and defended very well.
  • If Jason Pearce had been fit for the whole year he’d be regarded as the best CB in this league
    Amos will be playing in the championship next year one way or another
    Marshall showing why we brought him at the right time
    Kashi and Forster Caskey looking formidable in a 442

Gotta be a bit excited

• April 26
    EveshamAddick said:
    Charlton to win by the odd goal.

Mag's goal up at Shrews possibly the oddest goal this season.

Certainly was an odd goal today!

About time we got a deflected goal, have conceded our fair share.

• April 26
    EveshamAddick said:
    Charlton to win by the odd goal.

Mag's goal up at Shrews possibly the oddest goal this season.

Certainly was an odd goal today!

About time we got a deflected goal, have conceded our fair share.

Send me a pm with your lottery numbers mate :wink: .
  • SDAddick said:

Haven't been able to breathe in a good three hours. Losing my voice from shouting.

Fuck me.

What a gutsy, gritty, determined performance.

That's the loudest I've heard The Valley in quite some time.

The players deserved it today, we deserved it today, win and we're in the playoffs, and who would fancy us when we get up a head of steam and still show fight and determination like that.

A big fuck you to those thinking about Wembley and booking flights because you've made me think about it as well and that kind of thing is terrible luck.

Thank you for the 'fuck you' SD :wink: , my flight is booked. Currently contemplating flying back on Friday also for the Rochdale game!
    In 1998 I booked my flights the day after they made the playoffs, I was so confident we were going to get there. It will be interesting to see how I feel next week. The complication is the Bruins progress through the NFL playoffs.

Oh, and figuring out how to get ticket.
  • Nug said:

Konsa made an unbelievable tackle on the edge of the box in the first half, striker looked clean through. Great timing.

Didn't think he got near the ball!
    That's what I thought, assumed the ref had decided discretion was the better part of valour, as the striker was clearly office, but the line wasn't in line (one of many times in that first half) and didn't give it.

However, there was next to nothing in the way of complaint from the Blackburn players, so maybe it was a great tackle.
  • Is there any update on Lewis Page’s injury?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rode our luck a bit, konsa edge of the box, shot off the bar, great saves from Amos, but that was best I have seen us play at the valley for a few years, great atmosphere at the end too. COYR
  • Great atmosphere.
    Great performance from the lads AGAIN.

Kashi MOM for me. His last two games have been exceptional.
  • SDAddick said:

Dazzler21 said:

Did we really only have 1 shot?

No we had several not sure why only one logged by BBC & Sky
    Just from memory (and the last couple hours are a blur)
    1) goal
    2) JFC beautiful volley that drew a save
    3) Bauer with a header coming from deep on a long free kick
    4) someone else with a header from a set piece can't remember who
    5) Kashi volleying high and wide
    4. Josh
  • Drained

how we won that I have no idea. bit of luck and some terrific displays at the back. especially Amos. big shout out to our new wing back Marshall. what a performance from the lad. keep it up.
  • Spankie said:

Is there any update on Lewis Page’s injury?

Childish to giggle, but I hear it's a bad gash.