Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• You know when people come onto this thread and complain that there are hundreds of posts they can't be bothered to read through, but want a quick summary of what's happening?

They're all going to be really pissed off when they realise they've missed the announcement about the special meeting taking place at noon tomorrow at the Valley.

Especially when they find out that the press haven't even been invited yet.

Anyway, good luck to those involved. And I hope the handover goes as smoothly as possible.
  • Whats Angeldust apparently said then?

Read up

'Australian party have pretty much all but walked away I've just been told.

Duchatelet actively looking for personnel to run the club next season.'

Bexley Boy / Colin has called him a liar. It's all kicking off. Strange bunch.

DOUCHER has said the same here. Although he may be Bexley Boy for all I know.

• JamesSeed said:

dickplumb said:

From Angeldust.

Australian party have pretty much all but walked away I've just been told.

Duchatelet actively looking for personnel to run the club next season.

@JamesSeed time to bug them again.
    Oh hell. He nearly came round to watch the footy at mine, as I had some other old friends/parents from the school attending.

Perhaps that’s why he couldn’t make it in the end. I’m not bugging him again though.
    come on James get out the Raspberry fool and sort the deal out.
  • I'm hoping that "pretty much all but walked away" is the clue here – i.e. they haven't walked away yet but are threatening to. Last minute brinksmanship?

Clutching at straws I know... :persevere:

DOUCHER has said the same here. Although he may be Bexley Boy for all I know.

Both from Bexley, but 2 different individuals

Cheers Red Robin.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

These people Duchatelet puts in to run the club had better have skins as thick as Rhinos because surely everybody is fair game aren't they?
    I know there is a decent case to be made where the footsoldiers should be exempt but I hope we can identify the line where everybody above it is fair game for resistance related activities.
    There are grey areas though. I suppose it is the 'I was only following orders' group which may well include the football staff and the communications staff. My advice is to say absolutely nothing, and attribute all decisions to the exact person who made them, and attribute all communications to the exact source that instructed such communications be made or we ought to assume that the person who is shoved out front to be the public face is the author/decision maker.
    There is the beginning of propaganda already where we are expected to believe that Lee Bowyer is fully behind the fire sale that will rip what remains of Charlton Athletic apart.

So it is you really then Lee?
    Then own the backlash which will only be stopped by win after win after win.

We are entering a situation where not only is my enemy's friend my enemy, but my enemy's forces and employees are to be treated with suspicion if not hostility because of their association with the enemy.

no its just one person ..the owner

what @blackpool72 says
  • @JamesSeed I know it’s probably tricky but a text to your Aussie friends could be timely now. Have they really walked away from the deal?
  • Please forgive me for being naive, but why are there no business people willing to buy Charlton,apart from those already involved,is it because R.D want,s too much money?. Surely with Charlton,s history and potential someone would be willing to take a chance.
  • I'm hoping that "pretty much all but walked away" is the clue here – i.e. they haven't walked away yet but are threatening to. Last minute brinksmanship?

Clutching at straws I know... :persevere:

I don't think you're clutching at straws - If 'Angeldust' or his source meant that the Aussies have actually walked away they would have said so.

Whereas "pretty much all but walked away" indicates that they haven't walked away but are close to doing so and/or are threatening to.
  • Let’s hope Airman is digging
  • It’s happening!
  • Derek1952 said:

Please forgive me for being naive, but why are there no business people willing to buy Charlton,apart from those already involved,is it because R.D want,s too much money?. Surely with Charlton,s history and potential someone would be willing to take a chance.

Realistically any people with a real business brain looking to make money will stay a million miles away from a football club.
  • Solidgone said:

It’s happening!

Airman’s garden?
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:

seth plum said:

These people Duchatelet puts in to run the club had better have skins as thick as Rhinos because surely everybody is fair game aren't they?
    I know there is a decent case to be made where the footsoldiers should be exempt but I hope we can identify the line where everybody above it is fair game for resistance related activities.
    There are grey areas though. I suppose it is the 'I was only following orders' group which may well include the football staff and the communications staff. My advice is to say absolutely nothing, and attribute all decisions to the exact person who made them, and attribute all communications to the exact source that instructed such communications be made or we ought to assume that the person who is shoved out front to be the public face is the author/decision maker.
    There is the beginning of propaganda already where we are expected to believe that Lee Bowyer is fully behind the fire sale that will rip what remains of Charlton Athletic apart.

So it is you really then Lee?
    Then own the backlash which will only be stopped by win after win after win.

We are entering a situation where not only is my enemy's friend my enemy, but my enemy's forces and employees are to be treated with suspicion if not hostility because of their association with the enemy.

no its just one person ..the owner

what @blackpool72 says
    Not fertilized by Murray, Keohane, the mystery Belgian visitors and gravy trained by some others?
  • Solidgone said:

It’s happening!

What's happening? They are signing the papers or they're walking away?

Bowyer’s comments to Rich Cawley are being flatly contradicted by other sources. Guess we’ll see.

Bowyer’s comments to Rich Cawley are being flatly contradicted by other sources. Guess we’ll see.
    What ones, Kashi leaving 4 players in 5 out?

Frigging club's on freefall...............
  • When does what's left of our squad report back for training?

What ones, Kashi leaving 4 players in 5 out?
    The idea that what’s happening is consensual and planned. Bauer would be a good example. Hard to say what’s really happening.
  • PeterGage said:

I think that some on here should remember the old adage "if you have nothing to say, say nothing".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fYngTUZeUQ
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!