Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• what player in their right mind would sign a new contract, especially if they know other clubs are interested
  • SLP now reporting that we’ve seen the last of Kashi

Out of contract anyway.
  • cafctom said:

"one of them is a bit hit and miss because of the position he plays"

Bet that player can't wait to sign the dotted line now.

I thought that and then wondered if its a CB and LB means more hit and miss if we need him.
  • hit and miss means winger to me
  • Bowyer sounds alarmingly naive to me. Four in cannot, and never will, replace what I count to be a dozen out. We have lost 5 loan players plus Konsa and seemingly Lennon to date. Assuming we lose three more that Bowyer seems ok with, that makes 10. Add Kashi and the now retired Jackson makes the count a round dozen.
    How can four incomings replace 12 outgoings - unless Bowyer is happy with a squad of 18-20 max?
    I wonder what Jacko's take is on this.
    Sounds to me Bowyer has become a disciple of Duchatelet.
    I just hope I am wrong.
    At least Robinson showed a bit of backbone which seems alarmingly missing in Bowyer.

Robinson backbone?

He makes a jellyfish seem osseously endowed!
  • I'm prepared to believe this will happen, I think Ratty has to realise that too, if it doesn't Bow will walk, then what will happens?
  • I've put the kashi move up as a separate thread
  • edited June 2018
    circus

/ˈsəːkəs/

noun

noun: circus; plural noun: circuses

a travelling company of acrobats, clowns, and other entertainers which gives performances, typically in a large tent, in a series of different places.
    "I was thrilled by the annual visits of the Charlton"

She ran away to join the Charlton.

The horses trotted onto the Charlton ring (= the large circle, with seats all around, in which a Charlton perform).

The children loved being taken to the Charlton.

–More examples
    Mummy and Daddy are taking me to the Charlton on Saturday.
    We noticed a poster advertising a Charlton.
    We managed to get ringside seats for the Charlton.
    The children wanted to see the Charlton.
    One of the acrobats who walked the tightrope at the Charlton did it blindfolded.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good work from the SLP.
    The fans, rightly, want to hear something and many are now frustrated with what may or may not be going on with the club.
    Quite frankly the OS is full of nonsense about the world cup but should have bought us something like this weeks ago.
  • In Roland we trust.
  • Bauer only has a year left on his contract, so would be amazed if he went for the price quoted (Would be undisclosed anyway) so he will walk on a free.

Only 4 players in the threadbare squad are on contracts longer than a year

Solly, Pearce, Sarr and Dijksteel. The rest all up in a years time.
  • edited June 2018
    What kids are about that will now be team or squad players ?
  • What kids are about that will now be te or squad players ?

Albie Morgan getting rave reviews in the youth teams.
  • SLP now reporting that we’ve seen the last of Kashi

Yes but no fee as he is out of contract.
  • So if the 5 are Konsa, Kashi, Lennon, Sarr and Ajose and we got Vetokele back to the squad plus 4 players Bowyer rates then maybe not bad business.... clings to a straw.....
  • Just need to be in contention around January.
  • So if the 5 are Konsa, Kashi, Lennon, Sarr and Ajose and we got Vetokele back to the squad plus 4 players Bowyer rates then maybe not bad business.... clings to a straw.....

Not a chance that Igor will be playing in league one.

Also Bowyer says "I’ve told the owner he can sell five and give me four". Kashi isn't a sale, the guy is out of contract and him leaving is out of Bowyer's hands so it could well be 5 player sales + Kashi.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lennon plus four but who ?
  • Lennon plus four but who ?

Assume Konsa is one plus Lennon means 3 more. Hopefully Sarr is one.
  • Lee man Lee mate.
    GET IT IN WRITING.
  • seth plum said:

Lee man Lee mate.
    GET IT IN WRITING.

Chris Wilder is still waiting for that

• Lee, Lee, Lee......you've just let yourself right down mate. You know better than most that you have been totally mugged off.

Like all those before you, you have CHOSEN to work under an owner who doesn't give a flying fuck about you, the players, the fans, the club, the staff.......

You are NOT going to get the players you want. We will hear the same shit from you in a few weeks, "we tried really hard.....greedy agents, not paying their fees.......still working to get them over the line".......it's all bullshit.

Then when you get some dross on loan from some random European club no one has heard of, or the old bloke who is shit but needs another year to top up his pension, or the injury prone player who needs a club to pay his salary whilst he tries to get fit again.....you'll be telling us you're so pleased, he'll bring something new to the squad......yadda, yadda, yadda..

I can only assume that YOU need Charlton for the foreseeable future, so that you can gain managerial experience so you can fuck off when you've had enough.

Sorry Lee, but you did well last season and you should have had the bollocks to tell RD to stick his temporary job up his Belgian ass.......you AND Jackson!

Instead you've pulled down your pants and bent over for him....
  • seth plum said:

Lee man Lee mate.
    GET IT IN WRITING.

Chris Wilder is still waiting for that

He is to worried about the fans to pick it up though.
  • Top 6 budget?
  • braydex said:

Lee, Lee, Lee......you've just let yourself right down mate. You know better than most that you have been totally mugged off.

Like all those before you, you have CHOSEN to work under an owner who doesn't give a flying fuck about you, the players, the fans, the club, the staff.......

You are NOT going to get the players you want. We will hear the same shit from you in a few weeks, "we tried really hard.....greedy agents, not paying their fees.......still working to get them over the line".......it's all bullshit.

Then when you get some dross on loan from some random European club no one has heard of, or the old bloke who is shit but needs another year to top up his pension, or the injury prone player who needs a club to pay his salary whilst he tries to get fit again.....you'll be telling us you're so pleased, he'll bring something new to the squad......yadda, yadda, yadda..

I can only assume that YOU need Charlton for the foreseeable future, so that you can gain managerial experience so you can fuck off when you've had enough.

Sorry Lee, but you did well last season and you should have had the bollocks to tell RD to stick his temporary job up his Belgian ass.......you AND Jackson!

Instead you've pulled down your pants and bent over for him....

This. I like LB & liked the sound of his jib when he took over but if he thinks we will be improving the squad under RD he is very much mistsken. Will not be holding my breath to see who this striker is that he has talked to & expecting to sign.