Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Belgium - Thursday 28th June - 7pm

Time for a new thread!

Comments

• Newmarket racing on Thursday, meeting in the pub at 7.30 for breakfast beers, back to Chelmsford for the match

Might be messy

The wife has actually given me a pass to go to Russia now for potential QF/Semi but haven’t a clue how I can get tickets, even Viagogo won’t sell them
  • Newmarket racing on Thursday, meeting in the pub at 7.30 for breakfast beers, back to Chelmsford for the match

Might be messy

The wife has actually given me a pass to go to Russia now for potential QF/Semi but haven’t a clue how I can get tickets, even Viagogo won’t sell them

The Russian Ultras are, such is the lack of opposition, offering incentives to English fans and I'm sure they'll sort you one out. In fact, if you bring a "crew" with you they'll probably give you a group discount!

Might be messy

tbh england current away members are around 7000 mark, allocations would likely surpass that and you can only buy an england away ticket if your a member might be worth speaking to them.
  • edited June 2018
    Sounds like Kane could start. Cahill in for Maguire and Rose in for Young are two of the changes expected.
  • Sounds like Kane could start. Cahill in for Maguire and Rose in for Young are two of the changes expected.

About what i guessed, would like Trips to be rested too possibly Lingard / Ali
  • edited June 2018
    cafctom said:

Beat this lot and we’ll be laying down the biggest marker of anybody in the tournament so far by a long, long way.

I say let’s get a strong team out there and go for it.

Not only that. If we give it a real go and set up to win, it will at least tell us exactly where we stand. A weakened team that underperforms will tell us nothing and throw some doubt into the players minds.

• Daily Mail have listed the toughest and easiest sides of the draw based on current standings:

Toughest: Uruguay | Portugal | France | Argentina | Brazil | Germany | England | Colombia
    Easiest: Russia | Spain | Denmark | Croatia | Switzerland | Mexico | Belgium | Japan

Of course its also based on Colombia getting a win against Senegal yet if we can get to the Quarter-Finals with four wins in the Tournament then I cant imagine either Brazil or Germany looking forward to facing us
  • rest anyone on a yellow card.....otherwise changes I'd make would be Rose/Young, Cahill/McGuire, Dier/Henderson and maybe give Rashford a start for Sterling

still a very strong side
  • imo it's all about momentum, too many changes could affect that
  • Sponsored links:

• those that come in will be absolutely chomping at the bit for game time and eager to impress with potential places up for grabs.

I'd only give Kane 60 mins and try and make other subs to give as many of the squad as possible some game time.

don't see it disrupting any momentum even if we changed all 11 players to be honest.
  • those that come in will be absolutely chomping at the bit for game time and eager to impress with potential places up for grabs.

I'd only give Kane 60 mins and try and make other subs to give as many of the squad as possible some game time.

don't see it disrupting any momentum even if we changed all 11 players to be honest.

I think losing badly might. Belgium are on their day capable of tearing any team a new one.

• imo it's all about momentum, too many changes could affect that

Agree, think I’d be inclined to make 4 at most. That said, I think he will make double that.

I think losing badly might. Belgium are on their day capable of tearing any team a new one.

including our 'supposed' first team, so how then would that effect morale?
  • I would make 8 or so changes, play kane for an hour, give as many players game time as possible. Settle for a 3-2 defeat with 2 goals for Kane :-)
  • Oh and if we are drawing with minutes to go, send Pope on up front and get himself booked :-)
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Oh and if we are drawing with minutes to go, send Pope on up front and get himself booked :-)

was a line-up of wags in the Metro today, he's definitely punching

• Sponsored links:

• Flying to Gdansk tonight and coach across the border early tomorrow , cannot wait !
  • edited June 2018
    Shag said:

Flying to Gdansk tonight and coach across the border early tomorrow , cannot wait !

Yeah your wife was telling me last week when she was in for a drink with her Dad. Beer is cheap and cocktails even cheaper so if you bump into two lads with SE9 accents rather worse for wear that'll be my boys.
  • Yeh when she came home she said to me ' oh so where you're going to is not even in Russia ' , i did try and explain .... hope your boys enjoy it mate
  • Romelu Lukaku: Belgium striker ruled out of England game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44636552
  • Don't think he'd have played even if he was fit, Martinez has hinted at changing his entire outfield 10
  • Yeah was expected. I think its pretty garaunteed we won't be seeing De Bruyne and Vertonghen either since they are on yellow cards.

• Pretty sure our players on yellows won't play either. Fair enough.
  • Dier definitely starting so not sure if we will play with two holding midfielders, which is what I’m sure we will adopt against stronger opposition if we progress
  • edited June 2018
  • I am going to be glued to this thread. For only one reason. I want to see if @Southendaddick survives the day.