Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

I’m sorry for the situation Bowyer finds himself in but, honestly, this is a load of shite. If I was Bowyer I would walk. I don’t know his circumstances but I assume money isn’t an issue. If so I’d tell Roland to go take a hike.

Some people get a kick out of having the odds stacked against them. If he's suddenly looking at management as his future, turning Charlton round would be a massive feather in his cap. (Of course the opposite applies as well).
    Where else would he stick a feather.

• Redrobo said:

I’m sorry for the situation Bowyer finds himself in but, honestly, this is a load of shite. If I was Bowyer I would walk. I don’t know his circumstances but I assume money isn’t an issue. If so I’d tell Roland to go take a hike.

You really are a silly billy. Bowyer will back himself to produce a competitive side and will fancy his chances of making a fist of it and will have an eye on new owners backing him if they ever arrive. He will think he can sign a couple that will see him through to October and then he has half a side of good players coming back from injury’s.

I would also back him to get the results that will see us top half at the end of December.

Winners win. Losers get a good pay off. Best job in the world.
    Yea I get all that but these are special circumstances. Bowyer continuing to pretend that things are tickety boo when Twoshits is clearly asset stripping is doing him no favours in my eyes at least. If he fancies himself as our saviour he’d be well served just saying nothing. I admire his bravado but he is pissing in the wind
  • Just wondering if LB might change his name by deed poll to Ethan Hunt.
  • bowyer aint short of a few bob he does drive an aston and had some fisihing lake business in france that i believe he turned a profit on, only so much 1 man can take, i genuinely think he has respect for the fans and wont remain part of the circus for too long. im sure he wont be without employment for a while.

• We have a positive and upbeat manager for once.

Yet all the Doom & Gloomsters are advising him to walk ..... ?

• Oggy Red said:

We have a positive and upbeat manager for once.

Caretaker
  • Oggy Red said:

We have a positive and upbeat manager for once.

Not advising him to walk, just saying what I would do in what I imagine his circumstances are. I want him to stay but would rather he talked a little less.
  • Bowyer May have enough cash to walk but if he wants a career in football management he would be mad to do so.

Whilst many on here think his past is long enough ago it should be forgotten most fans and owners of other clubs would have formed an opinion on the man from that and success at Charlton is the stepping stone he needs to gain credibility for a role elsewhere. Plus walking out as a manager is always considered a sign of weakness by the wider footballing circle.

Easy to say he should walk but only if he sees his career outside of management.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer May have enough cash to walk but if he wants a career in football management he would be mad to do so.

Whilst many on here think his past is long enough ago it should be forgotten most fans and owners of other clubs would have formed an opinion on the man from that and success at Charlton is the stepping stone he needs to gain credibility for a role elsewhere. Plus walking out as a manager is always considered a sign of weakness by the wider footballing circle.

Easy to say he should walk but only if he sees his career outside of management.

It’s a good point, he won’t be in credit anywhere else for being a good player for us 20 odd years ago which I think gets him off the hook with our fans more than it would a manager who didn’t have that prior history.
  • Unfortunately I think that if Bowyer wants a managerial career it almost makes him RD’s perfect manager at this moment in time as he will put up with almost anything to retain his chance.
  • Just wondering if LB might change his name by deed poll to Ethan Hunt Tommy Robinson.

• Just wondering if LB might change his name by deed poll to Ethan Hunt Tommy Robinson.

Hmm
  • bowyer aint short of a few bob he does drive an aston and had some fisihing lake business in france that i believe he turned a profit on, only so much 1 man can take, i genuinely think he has respect for the fans and wont remain part of the circus for too long. im sure he wont be without employment for a while.

He would certainly not be able to walk out on us and get another managers job easily.
  • He hasn’t shown much desire to be a manager until now.

Bowyer May have enough cash to walk but if he wants a career in football management he would be mad to do so.

I agree with the majority of this very fair point. However I would say in response that Bowyer has shown absolutely no managerial ambition until now so something has prompted him. Love for the club maybe? Opportunism? Who knows. Unfortunately his past will probably follow him most places so I take the point about Charlton being his big chance if he wants one but the basket case that we are is well enough known in the game for him to ruin his credibility quite quickly. Even Robinson recognised that and sodded off when he realised that you can’t be the messiah where Rd is concerned as he is a very special brand of bonkers. To my mind Lee is a couple of weeks and a dodgy end to the window away from looking a fool.
  • He hasn’t shown much desire to be a manager until now.

Bowyer May have enough cash to walk but if he wants a career in football management he would be mad to do so.

I agree with the majority of this very fair point. However I would say in response that Bowyer has shown absolutely no managerial ambition until now so something has prompted him. Love for the club maybe? Opportunism? Who knows. Unfortunately his past will probably follow him most places so I take the point about Charlton being his big chance if he wants one but the basket case that we are is well enough known in the game for him to ruin his credibility quite quickly. Even Robinson recognised that and sodded off when he realised that you can’t be the messiah where Rd is concerned as he is a very special brand of bonkers. To my mind Lee is a couple of weeks and a dodgy end to the window away from looking a fool.
    Like Slade and Robinson before him, Charlton are a 'free hit' for Bowyer. He'll not lose any credibility if things go wrong.
  • As for all managers of CAFC (caretaker or otherwise) it's a poison chalice of a job. He has to keep the spirits of players and fans up under a barrage of apathy and indecision from the absentee owner who can't quite seem to fathom out why he bought the club in the first place!
    Lee is desperate to produce a winning team and is doing a great job with both hands tied behind his back. I'm sure with the right backing he will produce a team worthy of promotion back to the championship.
    The most worrying thing is the mountain of debt (£65m at the last count) that the club will have to repay to the owners company Staprix (if there is ever to be new ownership at the Valley).
    Most importantly Lee seems to be relishing the challenge which he has risen too throughout his playing career.
  • What happened to Thursday press meeting, or is Bowyer becoming another Murray, tells lies and then disappears :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• All outside with buckets collecting rain water
  • ross1 said:

What happened to Thursday press meeting, or is Bowyer becoming another Murray, tells lies and then disappears :smiley:

Press day is tomorrow this week

• edited August 2018
    LouisMend said:

ross1 said:

What happened to Thursday press meeting, or is Bowyer becoming another Murray, tells lies and then disappears :smiley:

Press day is tomorrow this week

Thank you Louis, I had read it was this morning. Any news on Pearce or transfers?
  • When is this presser today, has it happened and not been written up yet or is it happening soon?
  • Sage said:

When is this presser today, has it happened and not been written up yet or is it happening soon?

That's what I am thinking.
  • I expect it’s been dodged as too many awkward questions
  • Sage said:

When is this presser today, has it happened and not been written up yet or is it happening soon?

@LouisMend
  • Perhaps we are waiting on the other 50% of this weeks signings.
  • Sounds like it didn’t happen, BBC Kent couldn’t get there for whatever reason. I have a day job so can’t go to these either.
  • Lol. We are so insignificent at the moment that not even the local press are interested.