Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Final paragraph regarding Operational matters blah, blah, blah.......Err 'Executive Teams' ? Bog standard cop out phrase LOLs, especially as it doesn't apply to us, because we've only got Burger Boy and he's off on his holidays now!

Get some teeth and sort yourselves out ffs!
  • cabbles said:

I tweeted that even if nothing can be done in the current rules, perhaps this will force them to put in place penalties for incompetent owners to be used moving forward

Not sure of the legalities, but as I understand they are the governing body there to act in the interests of their members. It’s in all their members’ interests not to have a Duchatelet take over

This, along with Blackpool, Orient and Cov should hopefully force them to think of some relevant safeguards

Not a chance.

As long as clubs play their fixtures and pay the League their dues they couldn't give a stuff how the clubs are being run.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a load of shit. We’ve hit a few papers lately and the EFL feel like they need to say something. Nothing will happen and we will still be in the shit.

my thoughts exactly. They will no doubt speak to the club who say they need to make cutbacks because of the financial nature of football and they will go along on their way satisfied.
  • Addickted said:

Never seen this kind of press release before from the EFL.

We've started putting pressure on them both directly and indirectly and they've acted. I'm pleased, not least because their 'investigation' will include CAST.

Happy to wait and see what actions they take following on from the meeting.

Dushitelet and the club will come out with cobblers.

I want the EFL to tell us what the situation is regards the deal.
  • Not going to do anything, just watching, like they have for the last 4 years and do nothing
  • CAST need to dig out of the archives Ducttape's quote along the lines òf "winning matches is not a priority".
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, I for one am delighted, even if that is very much a ‘cover your arse’ letter.
    Something is being done at long long last and The EFL will at least get to know much of what has taken place over the last four+ years and they just ‘might’ be encouraged to put a squib up Duchatalet’s arse. I honestly think that if they feel they can, then they will....and quite happily.
    Whether or not that will include indicating to him that he needs to be more realistic in his asking price and putting an end to this unquestionable tragedy remains to be seen.
    Maybe even breaking new ground for them and encouraging them to be more pro active in future ......we can only live in hope.
    They may even consider ‘officially’ changing their mandate and giving themselves more powers to govern, with greater ability to take control of situations such as those we now find ourselves in. Even if it’s too late for us, it may herald a new era for The EFL to find a pair and man up to some of these arseholes that are contaminating our beloved game.
    Will Goldfinger consider attending ......my guess is no.
  • Perhaps the EFL should talk to the Aussies as well, if they intend to takeover the club, after all this time with no further statements, are they the right people to own this club. I cannot believe it should have taken this long if they were really serious and had the funds to do it. Live in hope
  • They will probably do nothing but the mere fact they have responded and intend to meet RD and CAST is quite significant and keeps the media interested and the pressure on.
  • I love the last paragraph...."its down to the individual boards & management teams..."

Thays what we've been trying to tell you, you fecking numpties....we don't have one !!!

So do I :wink: .
    RedChaser said:

Final paragraph regarding Operational matters blah, blah, blah.......Err 'Executive Teams' ? Bog standard cop out phrase LOLs, especially as it doesn't apply to us, because we've only got Burger Boy and he's off on his holidays now!

Get some teeth and sort yourselves out ffs!

• It seems to me that the only basis for such a meeting is that statements on the club website regarding EFL, conflict with the facts as they know them in some way, and they want CAST to update the press rather than make an unprecedented Press Release themselves. No doubt they will kick off about the confidentuality of the meeting knowing full well it will be leaked.

Doubt there is an EFL rule about one of the 72 lying to the press.
  • Who gives two shits what the EFL are putting out there these self serving fucktards left us under the spivs and this senile old wankstain it’s a deflection on their own failures fuck the EFL