Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crisps on the Pitch.

edited August 2018 in General Charlton
Did CARD fund this? Terrible idea on every level.

Comments

• Whoooosh on every level

DFTT
  • stonemuse said:
    I bet Lineker could still do a job for us up front.
  • Really did not see the point,crisps came on just as Grant was about to cross,play stopped for 1 minute ,protest over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really did not see the point,crisps came on just as Grant was about to cross,play stopped for 1 minute ,protest over.

Great time to score a goal when their keeper was ducking for cover when crisps packets was flying past his head.
  • Scoham said:
    Well done to Jimmy for getting them to cover the 'bizzare story'. He has done well, give him a job in PR.

Lets throw some food near the pitch.

I was in the West Stand at 1415 today and I want Roland out, but this was lazy and poorly thought out.
  • WSS said:

PopIcon said:

Scoham said:
    Well done to Jimmy for getting them to cover the 'bizzare story'. He has done well, give him a job in PR.

I was in the West Stand at 1415 today and I want Roland out, but this was lazy and poorly thought out.
    And what did you achieve in protesting against RD in the few days from the announcement of not paying bonuses/not eating crisps at desks to today’s game?
    Well this isn't about me, It's just my opinion.
    I don't mean to cause offence, I just think we need to freshen our ideas up.
  • SDAddick said:

stonemuse said:
    I bet Lineker could still do a job for us up front.
    Not with that formation; even in 1986
  • We get in @PopIcon you didnt like the idea.

You have said that 3 or 4 different threads now.

Instead of bitching you organise it next time, this was organised in a few short days and it doesnt matter if game was stopped for 1 minute or 10, it got the media coverage we wanted

1. This is the only thread I've mentioned that throwing crisps on the pitch was a bad idea.

2. Bitching? It's called an opinion, are they exclusive to one and another?

3. If the objective was to stop the match, I would suggest something a little more aerodynamic that might actually make the pitch.

I've made my point and have nothing else to say.

#RolandOut
  • Sponsored links:

• @PopIcon

Do you know why it was crisps thrown ?
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/

Currently on the home page of the BBC website
  • The idea of a protest is to bring media attention to our plight.

It wasn't the best idea, but it was an idea made at very short notice and I should imagine at quite a cheap/reasonable cost.

Did it work ? You bet it did, blanket coverage.

Well done to CARD and everyone who continues to battle for our club.

I get all the above but still leaves me disheartened if I’m honest. The numbers turning out pre match was very disappointing imo. Sure there are loads of excuses of people being away etc, but it wasn’t a great visual and does lead you feeling how much people really care when getting an extra pint in is more important.

Really disappointed. Well done everyone who did turn out
    Thought the same, think some having given up and moved on, that’s the worse thing

It wasn't the best idea, but it was an idea made at very short notice and I should imagine at quite a cheap/reasonable cost.

I get all the above but still leaves me disheartened if I’m honest. The numbers turning out pre match was very disappointing imo. Sure there are loads of excuses of people being away etc, but it wasn’t a great visual and does lead you feeling how much people really care when getting an extra pint in is more important.

I spoke to a number of Roland haters in the pub before I left.

Many stayed on the basis that they felt it was pointless shouting, as there was literally no one there (in opposition) to listen. This point of view is not without merit.
  • The protest behind the West Stand a bit pointless. There is no one in there that can do anything about RD and he is miles away so does not care.
    The crisps on the pitch worked. Unfortunately, and I am not advocating it, the real publicity will be having a game disrupted or abandoned.
    By the way I think Brian Cole a bit of a plank. But his comment to the cross bar challenge bloke “ hit the ball CRISPLY” was good
  • PopIcon said:

WSS said:

PopIcon said:

Scoham said:

And what did you achieve in protesting against RD in the few days from the announcement of not paying bonuses/not eating crisps at desks to today’s game?
    Well this isn't about me, It's just my opinion.
    I don't mean to cause offence, I just think we need to freshen our ideas up.
    Let’s hear ‘em then pal.

There was always more anger when Roland didn’t look like selling. Now he does, it’s taken the heat out of the protests.

But nonetheless, a little more media attention can only ratchet up the pressure a bit more. It’s got people talking about Charlton and Roland again.

Now we just need something to unite behind. I thought that might be the (potential) takeover, but we’re even divided about that.