Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Injury Update; Morgan, Aribo, Vetokele, 25/1/19

edited January 2019 in General Charlton
Albie Morgan the 18-year-old midfielder had been set to play against Accrington Stanley on Saturday before suffering an ankle injury the Thursday before the game in training.

Bowyer said: “Albie will be about six weeks. Everything seems to be about a six week minimum with us.”

He also updated on Joe Aribo, who has been out of the side with a knee injury since being substituted in Charlton’s 2-0 win at home to Gillingham in December: “Joe Aribo has started running, dependent on how he gets on, he might start integrating to training next week. He’s probably, maybe two weeks away.”

Striker Igor Vetokele suffered a dislocated shoulder in November against Walsall, Bowyer updated: “Igor joined in with minimal contact on Tuesday. We’ve got to do a mini pre-season with Igor, he’s been out for 12 weeks”

Comments

• See you next season guys. Or not.
  • RedChaser said:

Albie Morgan the 18-year-old midfielder had been set to play against Accrington Stanley on Saturday before suffering an ankle injury the Thursday before the game in training.

Bowyer said: “Albie will be about six weeks. Everything seems to be about a six week minimum with us.”

He also updated on Joe Aribo, who has been out of the side with a knee injury since being substituted in Charlton’s 2-0 win at home to Gillingham in December: “Joe Aribo has started running, dependent on how he gets on, he might start integrating to training next week. He’s probably, maybe two weeks away.”

Striker Igor Vetokele suffered a dislocated shoulder in November against Walsall, Bowyer updated: “Igor joined in with minimal contact on Tuesday. We’ve got to do a mini pre-season with Igor, he’s been out for 12 weeks”

Yet Cullen in his recent interview said the positive about a shoulder injury (compared to knee, ankle, etc) was that he could be back on the bike within a couple of weeks so keep his fitness levels up. Appreciate Igor's shoulder was more serious, but...I'm starting to wonder.
  • Don't forget Vetokele got injured in pre-season too. Hardly played all season.
  • RedChaser said:

Yet Cullen in his recent interview said the positive about a shoulder injury (compared to knee, ankle, etc) was that he could be back on the bike within a couple of weeks so keep his fitness levels up. Appreciate Igor's shoulder was more serious, but...I'm starting to wonder.
    Igor has a poor injury and recovery record; just bad luck? Who knows. As for Cullen, Bowyer said he was a very fit lad and apart from not needing an operation, I believe, that helped his speedier return.
  • I like Vetokele but he’s been very I forubate with injuries and a then poor injury management since he joined us.

I’ve not been certain his heart is really in it ever since his first serious injury in the championship.

He did look pretty good at sint Truiden in the Belgian top (pub) League before getting injured again.

I do hope he regains fitness and form and fires us into the championship but I am also not going to hold my breath as that would end badly.
  • I'm not going to try and be judge and jury over whether Igor can have any impact this year.

He's been desperately unlucky with the 2 injuries this season, and even when he was fit in between,
    he was kept out by our inform goalscoring duo.

He's an experienced player, capable and can finish.
    Once he's fit, he may well have an important part to play in the run in games.

• Oggy Red said:

I'm not going to try and be judge and jury over whether Igor can have any impact this year.

He's been desperately unlucky with the 2 injuries this season, and even when he was fit in between,
    he was kept out by our inform goalscoring duo.

He's an experienced player, capable and can finish.
    Once he's fit, he may well have an important part to play in the run in games.

As long as he's managed to stay away from the biscuit tin this time

• Can't see Vetokele contributing much this season. He's well and truly crocked. The other two will come back and have an impact though. Especially Aribo. Key player for us.

Don't see him contributing much either but a dislocated shoulder is just rotten luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's get Igor back up to speed ASAP.
  • I think Igor has the potential to be the best replacement we can get for Karlan. Obviously it's a question of how fit he'll be. He missed a chunk of pre-season, and in his second (I think) league start dislocated his shoulder. The fact that they've been doing a mini pre-season with him hopefully means that the time when he's been able to run but not do contact training has allowed him to get fitter than he was before the injury.
  • We miss Aribo do much.

We don't score enough goals from midfield even with him and his running changes games.
  • Funnily enough I don’t think you get match fit without playing matches but if they are trying to get Igor fully pre-match fit and release him as a secret weapon with him hitting the blistering speed he was once capable of, I’d be impressed.
  • Igor will get fit and just as he is coming on as a sub drop a tie up on his big toe and be out for another 6months
  • Because of the 5 year contract signed when we were in the Championship. Igor is our top earners on 7K a week (heard this from different folk) which sounds plauible because JBG was on 7k before he doubled his money to 14k with his last deal at the valley before his Burnley transfer where it went to 25k and no doubt has gone up since.
    If Vetokele doesn't want to go back to earning 2k a week in the Belgium 2nd Division or the French 3rd he needs to find the net in the last 2 months of the season because if not he will be released by Cafc under Duchatelet or the new owners if that day every happens.
    He has been unlucky with injuries but I just don't get the feeling Igor works hard enough in getting himself physicaly and mentally fit for action.
    Apologies to him if wrong as he seemed a great guy on the couple of occasions I have chatted to him.
  • Igor will get fit and just as he is coming on as a sub drop a tie up on his big toe and be out for another 6months

WTF does that even mean?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Igor will get fit and just as he is coming on as a sub drop a tie up on his big toe and be out for another 6months

WTF does that even mean?
    I understand it perfectly

• edited January 2019
    What the flip is a tie up? I assume it's not an overnight cattle housing given the reaction to my questioning of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

What the flip is a tie up? I assume it's not an overnight cattle housing given the reaction to my questioning of it.

They stop your socks from falling down. Boy scouts have elasticated ones, :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

They stop your socks from falling down. Boy scouts have elasticated ones, :wink:
    Forgot about them, had little coloured tags showing just below the turnover.
  • RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

Leeds United wore ground breaking ones in the early 70's
  • edited January 2019

RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

They did 'garters' mine were green and I had a brown woggle. :sunglasses:
  • RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

In our dressing rooms, we always kept our socks up with electrical tape.

There would always be one player who was a sparky, or his brother was.
    Endless supply. One week it would be black; next game blue - sometimes even yellow, if he worked at the Dockyard.

• edited January 2019

^^^
    Marching on together,
    We will see you win,
    La la la la la la
    We are are so proud
    To shout it out loud
    Because we're .......................
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

They did 'garters' mine were green and I had a brown woggle. :sunglasses:
    You can get medical treatment for that.
  • edited January 2019
    Oggy Red said:

RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

In our dressing rooms, we always kept our socks up with electrical tape.

There would always be one player who was a sparky, or his brother was.
    Endless supply. One week it would be black; next game blue - sometimes even yellow, if he worked at the Dockyard.

We had some tape if you wanted it but I always preferred to use my 'lucky' ones then tie them round my pads after the game, shove them in my boots and was ready to go again next match.
  • edited January 2019
    Ah okay. So we think he's going to drop a fabric strip that hasn't been used since the 1960's on his toe injuring him for life.

We just used electrical tape or black and yellow police tape as our kit was yellow and black.