Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry's Heroes

Programme on ITV now Harry Redknapp takes a bunch of 90s england players and gets them into shape(kind of) to face Germany again

Comments

• Cheers Paulie, was struggling along with Mansfield v Lincoln and had forgotten about this, nice one
  • Bottled out of playing the Charlton women's team
  • did they?  I'm not surprised !
  • As much as I can't stand Redknapp this is very watchable. Should have been El Tel.
     I was going to say I wonder if this thread could avoid pointless Charlton references but it's already been done...
  • did they?  I'm not surprised !
    All arranged, women had booked days off work to play the game and then the producer cancelled at last minute.

Poor.
  • Rudduck, looks and is an embarrassing mess. What a state to get in from being a professional sportsman to a guy that has to try to be funny because of his fat content.
  • Very enjoyable. Even my wife who can't stand football is chuckling away. 
  • wonder when it was filmed
  • edited March 2019
    So  they cancelled Charlton ladies to face Crystal Palace ladies WTF
  • Sponsored links:

• Le Tiss has still got it.  Didn't have the fitness to lose!
  • wonder when it was filmed
    Last summer.
  • Good TV, that.

Nice to see the personalities and stories come back out, and interesting to see them focusing on the physical and mental health sides too.
  • Really enjoyed it - and surprisingly, so did the missus. Echo what's been said about Ruddock.

Gave a few spoilers away for tomorrows episode, which should be interesting. Merson back at the bookies
  • Lee Sharpe's gaff is a bit flash. 
  • Why did he meet Razor Ruddock in Ossies Cafe in Dartford? 
    Does Ruddock live there? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Why did he meet Razor Ruddock in Ossies Cafe in Dartford? 
    Does Ruddock live there? 
    Lives in Ashford I think.
  • edited March 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    Does Ruddock live there? 

He lives in Kent, was on Can't Pay We'll Take It Way a couple of years back, owing money to a vet, his wife is a foul mouth so and so.
  • edited March 2019
    Such a shame Gazza was in no fit state to take part, he'd have loved it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Razor is a heart attack waiting to happen. Ray Parlour still looked pretty fit and Merse and Le Tiss still had some nice touches. Suspect the Charlton Ladies side would've given them a going over so they picked a lesser standard opposition.

Still hilarious that they actually managed to beat the Palace Ladies side.

• My son had the young fella reffing , in the programme , earlier on in the season and I was doing the line (yes PBS some things never change ) 
    He was useless and admitted he’d only just started and didn’t know the rules properly !! 

• He was useless and admitted he’d only just started and didn’t know the rules properly !! 
    Now go to the back of the class and write out 100 times "The Laws of Association Football".
  • MrOneLung said:
    Does Ruddock live there? 
    The Palace ladies match was played at Dartford’s ground so maybe they did all the filming that particular day? 
  • Curb_It said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Does Ruddock live there? 
    The Palace ladies match was played at Dartford’s ground so maybe they did all the filming that particular day? 
    Good detective work! 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Does Ruddock live there? 
    Lives in Ashford I think.
    Correct.  One of my friends is one of his next door neighbours!
  • Great TV (especially for those of us of a certain age). Mark Wright strolling along the beach saying how he thinks about the semi-final match against Germany and Waddle's penalty miss EVERY day.
  • Rudduck, looks and is an embarrassing mess. What a state to get in from being a professional sportsman to a guy that has to try to be funny because of his fat content.

Hardly a specimin while playing was he ? Youl be calling out Peter Garland next !
  • shine166 said:
    Rudduck, looks and is an embarrassing mess. What a state to get in from being a professional sportsman to a guy that has to try to be funny because of his fat content.

Hardly a specimin while playing was he ? Youl be calling out Peter Garland next !
    Neil Ruddock, the 33-year-old Swindon player-coach whose debut for the Wiltshire club had been delayed until yesterday for the unusual reason that he had struggled to find a pair of shorts big enough to fit him, showed the wait to be worthwhile. The former Liverpool and England defender scored the goal which brought his team a 1-0 win over the Second Division leaders Colchester.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/sep/02/newsstory.sport1