Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 19/20

Comments

• edited March 2019
    rina said:
    construction of the Raiders' new Vegas stadium is well underway as seen from my room this morning. Great location, I'm surprised they found somewhere so close to the strip

It’s a fucking tragedy!
    Oh......and The Red Robin.....how come you have given the post a like?
    There is NOTHING to like about shattering the dreams and misplaced loyalty of  countless thousands of heartbroken fans. Many of them adoring kids.
    To me they always were and always will be........THE OAKLAND RAIDERS.
    The Raider Nation and it’s glorious history will live forever.

“Nothing makes ‘em holler like the almighty $.”
  • Burfict signs for the Raiders I hope Antonio Brown enjoys his presence in the locker room🤣
  • Burfict thinks they can be the 'best of friends'....
  • Worth a punt for a year.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Worth a punt for a year.
    Being cut is probably the kick up the arse he needs. He was magnificent, one of the best linebackers in the league, when he entered the league IF the Raiders can get him back into form you’ll have one hell of a player
  • Will be suspended by week 4
  • So the Jags have spent the following on free agency, excluding Foles, this year:

- Cedric Ogbuehi OT, vet minimum ($850k)
    - Chris Conley, WR, $1.8m
    - Geoff Swaim, TE, $2m
    - Jake Ryan, $2.25m (only $1m gtd on his 2 year, $8m deal)

Very bargain basement. Clearly, this is a crucial draft for us.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    So the Jags have spent the following on free agency, excluding Foles, this year:

- Geoff Swaim, TE, $2m

Doesn't look too promising. Most mocks have you taking a T/G round one, some a TE. 
  • Didn’t realise Swaim went to the Jags. Should be solid but unspectacular there. Wonder if Foles can help him flourish
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:
    So the Jags have spent the following on free agency, excluding Foles, this year:

- Geoff Swaim, TE, $2m

Doesn't look too promising. Most mocks have you taking a T/G round one, some a TE. 
    Jawaan Taylor is not a sexy pick but I'd probably go with him over Hockenson, who I'd really like. We can then pray Irv Smith is still there at #38 (or trade up, potentially) - this is a deep TE class.
  • Jags have no cap room hence the bargain free agents
  • PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

- Geoff Swaim, TE, $2m

Jawaan Taylor is not a sexy pick but I'd probably go with him over Hockenson, who I'd really like. We can then pray Irv Smith is still there at #38 (or trade up, potentially) - this is a deep TE class.
    Same with the Ravens. We are desperate at WR but I'd be quite happy if we took Taylor or Ford in round one to protect Lamar. In terms of tight ends for the Jags, there's Hockenson, Fant and Smith. I'd expect Smith at least to be available in round two. 
  • cs1986 said:
    Jags have no cap room hence the bargain free agents
    Which is fine with so much committed at QB. This situation will clear up in a year, or definitely two, so I'm not too fussed just yet.

If the draft can provide the missing pieces then we're golden. As for the FAs - there's big upside on the cheap for most of them, so here's hoping.
  • PaddyP17 said:

- Geoff Swaim, TE, $2m

Ogbuehi is an utter liabilty

• PaddyP17 said:
    cs1986 said:
    Which is fine with so much committed at QB. This situation will clear up in a year, or definitely two, so I'm not too fussed just yet.

If the draft can provide the missing pieces then we're golden. As for the FAs - there's big upside on the cheap for most of them, so here's hoping.
    Maybe mate hopefully but not always the case. My 49ers got into cap hell a few years back now and still not got a solid team. There are others reasons - poor drafting and coaching. The jags did pile money in to have a go the last few years so hopefully they right the cap situation.
  • Increasingly looks like the future is building around a QB on a rookie contract and surrounding him with talent. 
  • edited March 2019
    Free agency has always been a mugs game in the nfl
  • Increasingly looks like the future is building around a QB on a rookie contract and surrounding him with talent. 

Tanking spectacularly so you get to pick that rookie QB isn't a bad idea either.
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:
    cs1986 said:

You will have no QB with Ogbuehi starting, I wouldn’t trust him to block my toliet
    Hahaha fair enough. That said, we turned Ereck Flowers into mediocre - according to PFF, he eventually became one of the top 75 O-linemen last year! - but he was only in after all three left tackles went down, as did the rest of the starting offensive line.

I don't actually think Ogbuehi will start. He has to be more of a depth piece. 
    You haven’t responded to my earlier post re The Raiders moving to Vegas?
  • edited March 2019
    Increasingly looks like the future is building around a QB on a rookie contract and surrounding him with talent. 
    You haven’t responded to my earlier post re The Raiders moving to Vegas?
    Why did I like the post? That one? Sad to see the Raiders leaving Oakland but the like was more for the look of the new stadium  nothing else. 
  • Thanks for the explanation, it’s such a tragic thing to happen.
    After all these years, I’m not sure if I can still go on being a fan.
    I know teams move all the time but the Raiders leaving Oakland will be one of the strangest ones I remember,  especially as there appears to be such disregard for the fanbase. Have they sorted where they're playing in 2019 yet? 
  • Really happy to get Josh Kline in, coming off a down year but fits our system and seems to have been top target for us. Will almost definitely be better than what we have/had. 
    I know teams move all the time but the Raiders leaving Oakland will be one of the strangest ones I remember,  especially as there appears to be such disregard for the fanbase. Have they sorted where they're playing in 2019 yet? 

Why is it strange? It not the first time they’ve done it. 
  • edited March 2019
    Thanks for the explanation, it’s such a tragic thing to happen.

Why is it strange? It not the first time they’ve done it. 
    Whereas that is true, last time (right from the outset), there was always the expectation that they would return to Oakland......as indeed they did.
    This time, to all intents and purposes, it’s final.
    So it’s farewell to Raider Nation.
  • One of my favourite Chiefs, Justin Houston signing with the Colts.
  • Colts quietly building an impressive and winning roster and coaching staff. One to watch over the next few years.