Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 19/20

Comments

• I will be retiring from the game of football today. I am so grateful for the opportunity that Mr. Kraft and Coach Belichick gave to me when drafting my silliness in 2010. My life experiences, relationships and championships over the last 9 years have been amazing! https://t.co/DAMM9wMVxb
  • Unquestionably the greatest TE ever to have played the game. Glad he's out now and hopefully won't be completely broken down.
  • I'm heartbroken, Gronk is my favourite player and "character" in NFL
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Unquestionably the greatest TE ever to have played the game. Glad he's out now and hopefully won't be completely broken down.
    Great player and one of the very best but for me it has to be Tony Gonzalez as the number 1 tight end
  • edited March 2019
    Gronk is a freak of nature but there are a few legendary TEs I’d put above him in the all time list.
  • TE Tony Gonzalez!
  • johnny73 said:
    TE Tony Gonzalez!
    Gronk was dominant to the point of game-wrecking, though. 

Like, Gonzalez from all that I've seen had a very long and successful career, and is defo one of the top TEs ever, but Gronk was dominant to the point of completely changing game plans as to whether he was on or off the field.

He changed the nature of the position.
  • Hard to compare different eras as it is such a much more passing orientated games these days and the TE role has evolved along with that.

I think we can say his was the most dominant TE of his time though.

• Gronk was an extra wide receiver at times, which is why/how he'd destroy defensive gameplans. There's a great anecdote in Collision Low Crossers (great book if you like your NFL) about Rex Ryan's Jets just not knowing how to deal with him as they'd plan for TE routes and the Pats would just come out in 3-4 WR sets and formations and Gronk would be running WR routes and no one would pick him up as they didn't know how to. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jordan Howard traded to the Eagles for a 6th round 2020 pick. Shrewd move by the Eagles I think  
  • I hate this time of year, by that I specifically mean Mock Draft season. How some of these fools get paid to write is despicable, I gave up looking at them after some 'professional' analyst has us picking a WR at 11 and another with us trading up to 7 to get Haskins. Utter drivel!
  • Only 3 and a half weeks to go guys :cry: 

Would rather we took Lock than Haskins based on the very little I’ve seen of either, think Haskins would take too must adjustment whereas Lock would fit right in like in a key in a uh lock.
  • I love the draft, can't wait. Fully expecting the Ravens to trade down in the first as Harbaugh and DeCosta are complaining about a lack of draft picks, have no second round pick after the Jackson trade last year, and, down at 22, there may not be the value they're after. They desperately need a WR but I'd rather they trade down, get o-line help and pick a WR or two in later rounds. 

I reckon the Giants go for a defensive player with 6 and take someone like Daniel Jones later on - doesn't he have the same agent as Eli?
  • I love the draft, can't wait. Fully expecting the Ravens to trade down in the first as Harbaugh and DeCosta are complaining about a lack of draft picks, have no second round pick after the Jackson trade last year, and, down at 22, there may not be the value they're after. They desperately need a WR but I'd rather they trade down, get o-line help and pick a WR or two in later rounds. 

I reckon the Giants go for a defensive player with 6 and take someone like Daniel Jones later on - doesn't he have the same agent as Eli?
    Yeah think he does. Would be pretty happy with that too, but still think the o-line needs beefing up. Too many plays broken up before Eli could fire off.
  • EastStand said:
    I love the draft, can't wait. Fully expecting the Ravens to trade down in the first as Harbaugh and DeCosta are complaining about a lack of draft picks, have no second round pick after the Jackson trade last year, and, down at 22, there may not be the value they're after. They desperately need a WR but I'd rather they trade down, get o-line help and pick a WR or two in later rounds. 

Yeah think he does. Would be pretty happy with that too, but still think the o-line needs beefing up. Too many plays broken up before Eli could fire off.
    I agree. As bad as Eli was last year, o-line didn't help matters and a young QB will need that help.
  • EastStand said:
    I love the draft, can't wait. Fully expecting the Ravens to trade down in the first as Harbaugh and DeCosta are complaining about a lack of draft picks, have no second round pick after the Jackson trade last year, and, down at 22, there may not be the value they're after. They desperately need a WR but I'd rather they trade down, get o-line help and pick a WR or two in later rounds. 

I agree. As bad as Eli was last year, o-line didn't help matters and a young QB will need that help.
    But... was Eli actually that bad? I mean, his arm is definitely on the wane, so he wasn't good, but there are some interesting stats here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/b7v8jg/the_eli_manning_conundrum_a_statistical_look/ 

So while he obviously wasn't good, the Giants' play calling, poor O-line, and constant checkdowns to Saquon are just a recipe for disaster.
  • As for the Jags draft... man, I've seen some mocks where Quinnen Williams falls to us and we definitely have to take him if there. Jawaan Taylor would be the no-brainer option, though I'd much MUCH prefer TJ Hockenson who has the tools to be a top NFL tight end.
  • edited April 2019
    PaddyP17 said:
    EastStand said:

But... was Eli actually that bad? I mean, his arm is definitely on the wane, so he wasn't good, but there are some interesting stats here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/b7v8jg/the_eli_manning_conundrum_a_statistical_look/ 

So while he obviously wasn't good, the Giants' play calling, poor O-line, and constant checkdowns to Saquon are just a recipe for disaster.
    I think checkdown after checkdown was the most frustrating thing watching the Giants last year and the air yards stats tell that story - and I'm not in anyway a Giants fan! I agree on the mock drafts.

Some are good, others are just obscure or trying hard to be different. Chad Reuter has the Ravens taking cornerbacks in back-to-back rounds. I know the Ravens love a good secondary addition, but that just won't happen, especially with the depth they have there at the moment and the desperate needs they have on the other side of the ball.

Agree Paddy, o-line help makes sense, but you need a TE, especially with Foles.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    EastStand said:

Yeah I expect another crappy season. 1-2 years at least before we're playoff contenders. 
  • Sponsored links:

• EastStand said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    EastStand said:

Yeah I expect another crappy season. 1-2 years at least before we're playoff contenders. 
    If it's any consolation I've won three Superbowls in six years on Madden 19 with the NYG - all without Eli.
  • EastStand said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    EastStand said:

If it's any consolation I've won three Superbowls in six years on Madden 19 with the NYG - all without Eli.
    I'll take what I can get at this point. 
  • First time for what seems like a lifetime that the draft is not what the season hinges on for us Browns fans! 
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    First time for what seems like a lifetime that the draft is not what the season hinges on for us Browns fans! 
    Excited?
  • Very excited, and now on reflection happy that I saw them twice in the 0-16 season so I can bore my grandchildren one day.  
  • Looks like the AAF is going tits up. Suspending operations. 

I think they overestimate how much people like football vs how much they like the NFL. 

Nobody wants to to watch this. It was only a discussion point here before it started. It will now be a discussion point again.  But the games have never been mentioned 
  • To be fair, I’ve seen a number of very upset people about the main stakeholder’s decision to pull his funding. The co-creators of the league have been scathing in their reaction.

For now, the AAF is only suspended. Hoping that someone else can see the potential and come in to save it.
  • edited April 2019
    On the subject of the draft, I haven’t been paying much attention since the Cowboys traded away their first rounder during the season.

What date is it set for?
  • On the subject of the draft, I haven’t been paying much attention since the Cowboys traded away their first rounder during the season.

What date is it set for?
    April 25th, Nashville.