Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    A colleague's other half was a coach at Leyton Orient, she seems to know him well and says he is a really really top bloke, great player, but the Championship is probably his ceiling.
    Well, let's not worry about him being unable to perform in the Premier League JUST yet...
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    In his interview on TalkSport this morning, Lee Bowyer that Bonne was a project. They need to do some work with him to get him up to the required standard 
    IMO telling us the fans, to be realistic with our expectations - and not to expect too much too soon.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    A colleague's other half was a coach at Leyton Orient, she seems to know him well and says he is a really really top bloke, great player, but the Championship is probably his ceiling.
    Well, let's not worry about him being unable to perform in the Premier League JUST yet...
    Just passing on something that was said to me :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    _MrDick said:
    In his interview on TalkSport this morning, Lee Bowyer that Bonne was a project. They need to do some work with him to get him up to the required standard 
    To be fair, I'd say that too, especially if I wanted to look better by making a non league player look championship standard.
    Plus it takes the pressure off of Macauley. No early expectations = no disappointment when he doesn’t score a hat trick on debut.

Not every striker hits the ground running like Lyle Taylor did.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Not exactly, said one the future but spoke as if he was expected to make an impact in the first team.

http://www.kentsportsnews.com/charlton-bring-in-reading-striker-19-06-2017/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure how anybody can be totally sure where a player's ceiling is. Maybe somebody would have said Taylor's was League 2 a few years ago. Bowyer has seen something there and I have more faith in him than most managers or coaches.
  • Options
    Not sure how anybody can be totally sure where a player's ceiling is. Maybe somebody would have said Taylor's was League 2 a few years ago. Bowyer has seen something there and I have more faith in him than most managers or coaches.
    In his house I'd hope...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    If Bonne is of Championship standard that will be fantastic as the rest of our side have big question marks about their ability to become championship players. The wonderful Lyle Taylor is 29 and is unproven at this level. Solly was but isn't guaranteed to even start now. It's more hope than judgement but it was the same with the team that Powell assembled. The team need supporting, I wonder how long the flaky Charlton crowd will keep their nerve before looking for the next Morgan Fox ? 
  • Options
    If Bonne is of Championship standard that will be fantastic as the rest of our side have big question marks about their ability to become championship players. The wonderful Lyle Taylor is 29 and is unproven at this level. Solly was but isn't guaranteed to even start now. It's more hope than judgement but it was the same with the team that Powell assembled. The team need supporting, I wonder how long the flaky Charlton crowd will keep their nerve before looking for the next Morgan Fox ? 
    There’s nobody anywhere near as poor as Fox in this squad 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Is that the same Morgan Fox who was bought by a championship side while we were in League 1 ?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I think you may be in for a rude awakening next season. Morgan Fox has been playing consistently in a championship that is much stronger than the last time we were in it. Last time he had players like JBG, Ben Haim, Gomez, Bulot, Buyens, even solly with better knees than now etc around him.

Are we saying the likes of Lapslie, Pratley - even Taylor, Lockyer or Aneke would walk in to that?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I think you may be in for a rude awakening next season. Morgan Fox has been playing consistently in a championship that is much stronger than the last time we were in it. Last time he had players like JBG, Ben Haim, Gomez, Bulot, Buyens, even solly with better knees than now etc around him.

Are we saying the likes of Lapslie, Pratley - even Taylor, Lockyer or Aneke would walk in to that?

We had a better squad in 2014/15 than we do now, on paper.  Personally, I never saw Fox play well for us.
  • Options
    Its nice that the club gave him 24 hours off and missing the behind closed doors friendly tonight to attend Edinburghs funeral
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know he had a bit of an inauspicious debut midweek but thought he looked quite lively when he came on yesterday. Didn’t get a clear sight of goal but showed a couple of nice touches and a decent turn of pace. 
    I thought he was fine midweek but had very little service.
  • Options
    I know he had a bit of an inauspicious debut midweek but thought he looked quite lively when he came on yesterday. Didn’t get a clear sight of goal but showed a couple of nice touches and a decent turn of pace. 
    Maybe he is a Bowyer/Gallen signing.

If his move doesn't work out we can blame Tommy.
  • Options
    My opinion after just seeing him play once is given opportunity in the 1st team Bonne could be a successful member of the 18 man squad.

A big jump to go up 3 divisions but Goal scorers are like gold dust. Disappointed to hear negative comments but pleased he was thrown on with Lyle and Aneke to rescue a point.

Maculey Bonne, I will support 100%.
    I guess that's why I'm a supporter. 
  • Options
    By no means is he ready to step up as the main striker if (God forbid) Taylor is out for an extended period. But he's definitely got the potential to make cameos and cup starts to start building up.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    60 odd goals from last season in that front three that finished the game 
  • Options
    I thought he was fine midweek but had very little service.
    As I said in the player marks thread on Tuesday I though he looked as though he had something about him. He’s a work in progress. I couldn’t understand All the poor marks as he did well with whatever scraps he had.