Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Pleased to see Bowyer show some faith in him Saturday, hopefully he now rates him. Don't know if its true or not, but i was told he wasn't a Bowyer signing. 
    Gallen said he'd been watching him for 18 months or so before we signed him so must have got the OK from Bowyer. 
  • Options
    Loan players out with a 24 hr recall clause if needed to cover injuries. Lapslie, Bonn and Morgan all need minutes in men’s football, not the odd u-23 appearance. Jfc needs a loan until jan to help recover form and probably confidence in his own body. I’m sure he is holding back a little bit after his injury 
    We cant

If someone goes out on loan its either till January or next Summer, unless of course we send them to Welling
  • Options
    Realistically though, we have Taylor, Hemed, Aneke, Oztumer and Leko who are ahead of Bonne in terms of selection. I just don’t see a bench where any of those not starting would be behind Bonne. A full season playing league one football would greatly benefit Bonne and perhaps ultimately us. I’ve heard he has a great attitude and wants to put in the graft to become a better player. For this season anyway I feel he needs game time not being sixth choice and not getting near the bench. 
  • Options
    Realistically though, we have Taylor, Hemed, Aneke, Oztumer and Leko who are ahead of Bonne in terms of selection. I just don’t see a bench where any of those not starting would be behind Bonne. A full season playing league one football would greatly benefit Bonne and perhaps ultimately us. I’ve heard he has a great attitude and wants to put in the graft to become a better player. For this season anyway I feel he needs game time not being sixth choice and not getting near the bench. 
    Oxford is the new go to club.
  • Options
    I know it's early days but I'm not sure that I'd pick Leko ahead of Bonne. He's fast and has a trick or two but I suspect Bonne is much more of a natural goalscorer. Maybe Leko would create more assists. 
  • Options
    Leko has signed from West Brom to play games. He was very dangerous for us at Barnsley. I don’t want it to look like I’m knocking Bonne but imho he is behind all the others I mentioned earlier and needs games to improve his game. Can’t see him getting much game time with us at present.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Thinking about it , Bonne could learn quite a bit hear about finishing at a higher level, by staying here, whether the wage budget dictates he has to go on loan?

Hemed will be like having another Lee Bowyer on the pitch, in terms of his experience and leadership (I hope) hope it means Leko and Bonne can both learn from him.

• Options
    Thinking about it , Bonne could learn quite a bit hear about finishing at a higher level, by staying here, whether the wage budget dictates he has to go on loan?

Hemed will be like having another Lee Bowyer on the pitch, in terms of his experience and leadership (I hope) hope it means Leko and Bonne can both learn from him.

Possibly true that he could learn while remaining at Charlton but don’t you think that Gallagher wouldn’t learn being in and around Chelsea or Cullen at West Ham ? Yes they would but would learn more by being out on loan playing competitive games in a league of a standard that suits their current development.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Possibly true that he could learn while remaining at Charlton but don’t you think that Gallagher wouldn’t learn being in and around Chelsea or Cullen at West Ham ? Yes they would but would learn more by being out on loan playing competitive games in a league of a standard that suits their current development.
    Yeah maybe, I think the loan deadline is 2nd of September?

Whether we’ll see loans going out before or after the weekend I don’t know, as long as they can be deffo called back, in case injuries start to bite, do you remember people screaming out for Karlan to come back whilst out on loan at Crawley, when he was banging them in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I say keep him. Looked good on saturday, it's a long old season 
  • Options
    Personally i'd keep him with us for now, get him used to better coaching and training every day with the likes of Taylor and Hemed will certainly help him. Then after 4 months of that, he'll be raring to go and we can look at loaning him out in January.
  • Options
    Personally i'd keep him with us for now, get him used to better coaching and training every day with the likes of Taylor and Hemed will certainly help him. Then after 4 months of that, he'll be raring to go and we can look at loaning him out in January.
    Would have no problem with that. Probably makes more sense to see how things go for us and him til January and then loan him out if it suits. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Bonne has had plenty of games, I imagine it's coaching that he needs now. Gallagher is the opposite, he's had the top coaching and hanging around world class players, it's proper games he now needs.
  • Options

But Bonne has had plenty of games, it's coaching that he needs now. Gallagher is the opposite, he's had the top coaching and hanging around world class players, it's proper games he now needs.
    But he wont get games this season. 
  • Options
    I imagine that if he is loaned out it is partly because of LB/Gallen balancing the books to keep in RD paltry budget
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    You're classing all those as the defined striker options though, Shooters. Taylor and Hemed, yes ...... and Bonne, strikers. But while Aneke and Leko can play up front, they can also play in AM positions also.
    Despite his goal record, I wouldn't classify Oztumer as a striker - his effectiveness is playing in attacking midfield or in the hole, making runs from deeper positions. 

That's only 3 principle strikers then ...... Taylor, Hemed and Bonne.

Horses for courses though. One thing Bowyer is doing is changing formation during games.
    Against Stoke, he took off Leko and brought on big Aneke to hold the ball up front.

He did the same thing at Barnsley, then changed formation to 4-3-3 by taking off Pratley in deep midfield and bringing on Bonne forward, as Bowyer gambled by taking the game to Barnsley and chasing the result.

He might have been on only 15 minutes or so, but by all accounts, Bonne aquitted himself well.

Maybe his education into the needs of Bowyer's gameplans has already begun, surrounded by better players ..... and will be best served by playing his part as a regular squad member - it's here he needs to learn; he already has plenty of lower League experience elsewhere.

• Options
    Ipswich on loan apparently, if he plays, good move. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I've changed my mind. Send him out on loan...

And then, if Hemed or Taylor get injured/suspended we can all moan about how we should have signed another striker...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Ipswich on loan apparently, if he plays, good move. 
    IDK or reading the twitter rumours which have started after Bonne wished Kane Vincent-Young all the best on his own move to Ipswich?
  • Options
    If he goes out on loan I hope it’s only until January. Taylor could leave, Hemed could be injured, and that would leave us with Aneke and Leko (who are more CAMs and right wingers respectively). The last thing we need is to be in the same situation as last January.
  • Options
    It’s the situation we are in now why I was so mad we went our the EFL Cup and didn’t take it seriously enough. Okay we probably lose to Bournemouth if we were drawn against them, but it’s a valuable 90 minutes to get into the legs of players who won’t be starting as often as they like.

Bonne would have really benefited from it, many would have.

A loan for 6 months to a League One club, someone with a good manager who can coach him well, is really what he needs now. I don’t want to weaken our strike force but if he isn’t going to be involved as much, it’s best to let him go until January, he needs men’s football at a decent level.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Sage said:
    It’s the situation we are in now why I was so mad we went our the EFL Cup and didn’t take it seriously enough. Okay we probably lose to Bournemouth if we were drawn against them, but it’s a valuable 90 minutes to get into the legs of players who won’t be starting as often as they like.

Bonne would have really benefited from it, many would have.

A loan for 6 months to a League One club, someone with a good manager who can coach him well, is really what he needs now. I don’t want to weaken our strike force but if he isn’t going to be involved as much, it’s best to let him go until January, he needs men’s football at a decent level.
    Going out of the Cup seems even more farcial what with the amount of backup players who wont be loaned out yet need minutes

Field - Oztumer - Kayal - Hemed could all have benefited from the game against AFC Bournemouth
  • Options
    Ipswich just announced the signing of Will Keane so unless they need another striker, I’d be shocked to see Bonne end up going there.
  • Options
    JFC needs to play, a loan out to a league one club would be good, with a call back clause? If possible.

Bonne needs to play, could he be an impact player for us from the bench?
    Why does JFC HAVE to play? If he finds form he deserves to play. Don't get the reasoning behind a loan move, he can be a squad player.
    He needs to play to get match fitness. 
    He won't get that sitting on our bench.
    We could say that about 4-6 of our players though. JFC is not the only one who needs match fitness but we need a squad. We all moan that Roland has left us short every year and now we have a half decent squad we want to loan a load out!
  • Options
    But Aneke has been signed to play AM, that is Oztumer's position and I am not sure where Leko's is. 

Bonne is out and out striker who has been scoring goals albeit in the lower leagues. We were left short up front last season, don't think we need to run that risk again. 
  • Options
    I know nothing but I’ll be surprised if he isn’t out on loan by the end of the window unless something happens to Taylor or Hemed.
  • Options
    bromdog said:
    Redhenry said:
    Pleased to see Bowyer show some faith in him Saturday, hopefully he now rates him. Don't know if its true or not, but i was told he wasn't a Bowyer signing. 
    Gallen said he'd been watching him for 18 months or so before we signed him so must have got the OK from Bowyer. 
    I said Bowyer ;)
  • Options
    I'd have thought it;d make more sense to keep him here until January - work on him in training to take some of the rough edges off, give him the odd substitute cameo to see what he can do and then make a decision in January. If he's done well and is impacting games here then keep him, especially if we lose Taylor. If we've got a fully fit squad, look comfortable in mid-table, and he isn't really getting any game time, give him the second half of the season on loan like we did with Grant to Crawley. Morgan and Lapslie make more sense as we have so much cover there but in other areas we have less depth and there are still a lot uncertainties with the squad settling and gelling after so many new signings.