Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    bromdog said:
    Redhenry said:
    Pleased to see Bowyer show some faith in him Saturday, hopefully he now rates him. Don't know if its true or not, but i was told he wasn't a Bowyer signing. 
    Gallen said he'd been watching him for 18 months or so before we signed him so must have got the OK from Bowyer. 
    He said he had been watching him for 18 months, doesn't mean he was one of his or Bowyers first choices.
    Strange signing for me, he is 24 soon, got released from Colchester and has only really scored goals in non League. I doubt he will start a League game for us this season IMHO.
    As I said, was told he wasn't Bowyers signing. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    bromdog said:
    Redhenry said:
    Pleased to see Bowyer show some faith in him Saturday, hopefully he now rates him. Don't know if its true or not, but i was told he wasn't a Bowyer signing. 
    Gallen said he'd been watching him for 18 months or so before we signed him so must have got the OK from Bowyer. 
    He said he had been watching him for 18 months, doesn't mean he was one of his or Bowyers first choices.
    Strange signing for me, he is 24 soon, got released from Colchester and has only really scored goals in non League. I doubt he will start a League game for us this season IMHO.
    So is this one pinned on Gallen if it doesn't work out? Why watch a player 18 months if you don't want them?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    sigh! Ok if he starts tonight and Saturday, I take it all back.
  • Options
    Don’t know if there is any truth behind the Ipswich rumours but a loan to January makes sense. If he can cut it in league one then we know there is a player there if he can’t, then maybe he’s been pushed a bit too high. 

Having said that, if he is Gallen’s purchase then I wouldn’t rule him out as Gallen’s record is pretty fantastic at spotting talent.

No issues with us taking a risk on lower league goal scorers but I think we are all hopeful though we don’t end up relying on him in the near future.
  • Options
    From what RH has been saying and with some (fairly generous) filling of the gaps, I think it is possible something like this happened.

We have been watching him for a while and he was probably on a list as one with potential and could be signed on the cheap from a lower level. Bow and Gallen were probably thinking more along the lines of he will be a target as a back up striker if we stay in league 1. Then this summer someone higher up, or someone with the ear of someone higher up (Teenage Tommy Wanksock?) decided we should sign him on potential anyway

Bows comments along the lines of " he needs to develop" ring very much like Powell on Pitor Parsley "he is more one for the future".
    Spot on @cantersaddick
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    From what RH has been saying and with some (fairly generous) filling of the gaps, I think it is possible something like this happened.

We have been watching him for a while and he was probably on a list as one with potential and could be signed on the cheap from a lower level. Bow and Gallen were probably thinking more along the lines of he will be a target as a back up striker if we stay in league 1. Then this summer someone higher up, or someone with the ear of someone higher up (Teenage Tommy Wanksock?) decided we should sign him on potential anyway

Bows comments along the lines of " he needs to develop" ring very much like Powell on Pitor Parsley "he is more one for the future".
    Spot on @cantersaddick
    First time anyone has ever said that!
  • Options
    We also have to consider the fact that Bonne was available when he was. Most of our signings went down to the last day - and in Hemed's case the last seconds - so I wouldn't be surprised if Bonne was signed as a player we knew we could get in to bolster numbers knowing that the rest of our window was going to be a bit of a gamble. Maybe looking at the shape and size of the squad now we wouldn't have picked him up this season, but if we hadn't managed to secure Leko and Hemed on the last day and then Oztumer after the window closed we would be very, very grateful to have Bonne around as an option.
  • Options

Definitely his name now.  Thomas Driesen have become Teenage Tommy Wanksock.  I can hear it being sung by the Covered End Now
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    sigh! Ok if he starts tonight and Saturday, I take it all back.
    Wasn't digging you out, just trying to guess where he came from if not a Bowyer signing. Seems like Gallen was allegedly keen if he followed him for 18 months.

Unless it was all lies and in fact Tommy D has been following him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcwill said:

Definitely his name now.  Thomas Driesen have become Teenage Tommy Wanksock.  I can hear it being sung by the Covered End Now
    can we ditch the ageism and swearing and go for Tommy Tanksock
  • Options
    I hope he doesn’t go out on loan. People seem to be talking about him as if he’s 18/19. He’s nearly 24!
  • Options
    Smacks of a Driesden signing 
  • Options
    He does remind me of the sort of player I would buy on Champ Manager back in the day, and in 3 years time is European Player of The Year as Charlton win the treble - playing up front alongside Dean Ashton.

As we all know - thats not real life, but probably how Driesden plans his signings.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I hope he doesn’t go out on loan. People seem to be talking about him as if he’s 18/19. He’s nearly 24!
    I didn't realise that loans only applied to teenagers these days 😮.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I can't get over that people can't wait to get rid, after limited minutes for the club.

If we said him out on loan, what happens if in the next game Hemed tears his hamstring, and Taylor gets sent off for a bad tackle?

No 24 hour recall on loans anymore, don't forget!
  • Options
    I can't get over that people can't wait to get rid, after limited minutes for the club.

If we said him out on loan, what happens if in the next game Hemed tears his hamstring, and Taylor gets sent off for a bad tackle?

In Bowyer we trust, if he thinks he needs regular football say until January then so be it because it doesn't matter a jot what people want on here.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I didn't realise that loans only applied to teenagers these days 😮.
    What? I’m pretty sure you can go on loan at any age.
  • Options
    Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
  • Options

I don’t want to get rid - I truly hope he’s a success at CAFC. I just recognise that at the age of 23/24 he is reaching a vital point in the progression of his career and needs playing time.

He is now probably our fifth choice striker. I’ll be shocked if he even makes the bench most weeks over Taylor, Hemed, Aneke and Leko.

That leaves him playing with the development squad... that’s not good.

You can’t just keep players around as bench warming insurance in case this or that happens. That’s not fair on the player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If only there had been a  Crystal palace version of  Charltonlife when palarse were thinking about signing that too old no league experience striker Ian Wright from Greenwich Borough...
  • Options
    Don’t get this at all. I don’t think anyone is suggesting we “”get rid” of Bonne. What’s being suggested is that given Bowyer is already on record as saying that MB isn’t ready and is a work in progress and we now have striking options of Taylor, Hemed, Aneke, Leko and Oztumer all of whom are ahead of Bonne in terms of selection, the the best schooling he can get is by going out on loan and getting games. Certainly put in a January recall clause but get him playing football. That’s how he will improve his game. Not getting development squad minutes.
  • Options
    LB has said that Aneke is a 10 (head of diamond) and Ozzy is an alternative to Williams.  That leaves us with three striking options, one of which is a sometime winger yet to score at any level.  Bows cannot work with Bonne if he is out on loan, so I expect him to stay, and come off bench.
  • Options
    LB has said that Aneke is a 10 (head of diamond) and Ozzy is an alternative to Williams.  That leaves us with three striking options, one of which is a sometime winger yet to score at any level.  Bows cannot work with Bonne if he is out on loan, so I expect him to stay, and come off bench.
    He did name a number of roles for Oztumer to be fair

Can be a No.10 or an alternative to Williams etc.
  • Options
    I don’t see Bonne getting game time for us. That’s all I’m saying. If I’m wrong then I’m wrong but I doubt it ;0)
  • Options
    Aneke looks like a sub to me 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Aneke looks like a sub to me 
    I don't suppose the team has found it's best combination yet.
    There'll be some adaptions and changes. And that's not counting injury, loss of form etc.

Nothing ever stays the same. That's the only certainty.

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    bromdog said:
    Redhenry said:
    I think with our budget we missed out on many of our first choices. Just seems like this season we haven't had any players forced upon us as in the past. So would he suprised. Just an observation.