Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• VAR for me this weekend has had a shocker. The Kane one and the city one for Silva are both stonewall. I don’t understand it.
  • Right before the Man City penalty there was a moment when Callum Wilson went through on goal

Defender clearly pulls him back slightly before Wilson shoots but leaves him off balance

Commentators at the time said that Wilson should have gone down as would surely have been a penalty but surely VAR means that players shouldnt have to now?
  • And then the Wolves pen is the softest one of the lot 
  • “With the introduction of VAR we can spend more time talking about the football and less time talking about game changing decisions”

That’s working well.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    BTW, that VAR decision.  That’s a clear pen in any game in my book.  Surprised it went against us, not that we deserved it.  Would have papered over the cracks.

Next up, the NLD at the Cameldome.  Think I may go out for the day.  Sigh.
    Think you're well ahead in terms of VAR decisions over the past few months........
  • VAR for me this weekend has had a shocker. The Kane one and the city one for Silva are both stonewall. I don’t understand it.
    VAR for me this weekend has had a shocker. The Kane one and the city one for Silva are both stonewall. I don’t understand it.
    was recently announced that the VAR officials will now only overrule the most obvious refereeing errors and not (for example) disallow goals because a player's fingernail was offside .. it seems that the pendulum has now swung too far and referee/linesmen are deemed to be right 99% of the time ..
     would be best if the referee was to have a look on the pitchside monitor whenever there is a very contentious decision .. the game now is so fast there are always going to be things that the match officials miss .. it's unfair that studio know-alls have the last word on refereeing errors after reviewing incidents 200 times in ultra slow mo

• JohnBoyUK said:
    BTW, that VAR decision.  That’s a clear pen in any game in my book.  Surprised it went against us, not that we deserved it.  Would have papered over the cracks.

Next up, the NLD at the Cameldome.  Think I may go out for the day.  Sigh.
    Think you're well ahead in terms of VAR decisions over the past few months........
    Agreed but the point is VAR is supposed to get every decision correct.  That yesterday was incorrect.  It wasnt even close.  That was a clear cut penalty.
  • When that ball was played in for the Southampton equaliser....United had 1 player closing down the attacker and a further 9 players between the penalty spot and the goal. In the same area, Southampton had 2 players, but they still got a free header. Terrible defending.
  • Nothing changing @ Man Utd then!!
  • Villa goal disallowed for a dive in the build up? Despite no appeal for a foul etc and he passed the ball as he stumbles .
  • Sponsored links:

• So why wasnt Grealish booked?
  • City lost Laporte to a suspected serious knee injury today. Big blow for them.
  • Nick Pope has had a mare there. 
  • Scary how many goals Liverpool would score if Salah wasn’t so greedy. This could be about 6 against a decent Burnley side.

• Uboat said:
    Nick Pope has had a mare there. 
    Takes a deflection doesnt it?
  • So why wasnt Grealish booked?
    He was
  • I think Leicester City will have a good season. Obviously not as good as 3 seasons ago but they have looked pretty decent so far. Maddison is class and Tielemans is getting better as well. 
  • Villa goal disallowed for a dive in the build up? Despite no appeal for a foul etc and he passed the ball as he stumbles .
    That was a shocker of a decision and totally what VAR should be picking up. 
    More of a massive (and bloody annoying) refereeing error in this case as he blew his whistle before the ball went in
  • edited September 2019
    Villa goal disallowed for a dive in the build up? Despite no appeal for a foul etc and he passed the ball as he stumbles .
    More of a massive (and bloody annoying) refereeing error in this case as he blew his whistle before the ball went in
  • Sponsored links:

• Kane takes a bloody good penalty
  • The defending in this North London Derby though is embarrassing!!!
  • Great goal by laca there. Lovely little flick over defenders leg
  • How does Granit Xhaka keep getting games? He's the same all the time. Neville said it in the commentary, arsenal have too many rash players that just dive in without any thought. Xhaka being the biggest culprit. 
  • Danny Rose has put in one of the worst LB performances I’ve seen in a very long time. Totally at fault for that goal.
  • Talal said:
    How does Granit Xhaka keep getting games? He's the same all the time. Neville said it in the commentary, arsenal have too many rash players that just dive in without any thought. Xhaka being the biggest culprit. 
    Was going to post the same thing. He's a seasoned pro as well, not like he's a teenager who's just got carried away with the occasion.
  • Arsenal fans going mental on twitter with Emery for taking Lacazette off, even tho Lacazette signalled he had to come off with an injury lol
  • Arsenal fans going mental on twitter with Emery for taking Lacazette off, even tho Lacazette signalled he had to come off with an injury lol
    Dont ever try to reason with them though

Worst fans to try and talk any sense with
  • Spurs are both mentally and physically a weak side. Bowyer talks about his sides having ‘winners’ 

Spurs lack that mentality.
  • Arsenal dominating the second half.